[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

"
sangvinu2 wrote:
just a question because I am not tanky as supposed to be, lethal pride doryani for 20es form hp? not viable?

You mean glorious vanity right? Corrupted soul halves the value of our Mind over Matter. So if you take it you only take 15% damage from ES, which is 900 ES with 6k life.

So if you have around 900 ES anyways, it is not worth it to take it, since you don't get any EHP at all. If you only have around 600 ES it is arguably worth it, but wasting skill points and a jewel socket still is too costly imo.
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
sangvinu2 wrote:
just a question because I am not tanky as supposed to be, lethal pride doryani for 20es form hp? not viable?

You mean glorious vanity right? Corrupted soul halves the value of our Mind over Matter. So if you take it you only take 15% damage from ES, which is 900 ES with 6k life.

So if you have around 900 ES anyways, it is not worth it to take it, since you don't get any EHP at all. If you only have around 600 ES it is arguably worth it, but wasting skill points and a jewel socket still is too costly imo.

to add up to that. u could actually benefit from a lethal pride, if u use a timeless
https://pastebin.com/Q3k24xt9

Okay, why do I have such a big problem with a4 conquerors? Baran almost killed me with all 6 portals, Drox took forever. What am I doing wrong here?
After 3 weeks of extensive farming I burnt out a lil and decided to find a character to tackle the rest of the challenges with...
Since I didnt want to go meta again I browsed poe.ninja a bit and found you.

Since I just dig selfcast I decided to throw every bit of currency I farmed at this build..and after 2 days of tft crafting hell I ended up with this setup:

Spoiler

Only level 93 atm but Im working my way up to the higher levels.

Is it the fastest build? - Not at all.
Is it the tankiest build around? - Nah.
Has it the highest dps? - Not even close.

But hell, is this one a blast to play! Im currently having the most fun Ive had in PoE for a loong time. It does everything decently well and doesnt get completely monotonous like most of the meta builds rn.

Thank you for sharing this excellent build, I really appreciate it!

Just for showcase what a stupid budget and harvest crafting can do to this build:

Currently sitting on:
-5.3k life(will be over 6k at lvl 98+)
-2.3k ES (with Corrupted Soul)
-53m shaper dps with everything up, 71m with Vaal Righteous Fire
-max block
-chaos res capped

those are pretty impressive numbers, even considering the relatively high budget of the setup.

level 100 pob for reference:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/Y4T9SAhm
Last edited by s0mosh on Feb 8, 2021, 1:30:07 PM
"
s0mosh wrote:
After 3 weeks of extensive farming I burnt out a lil and decided to find a character to tackle the rest of the challenges with...
Since I didnt want to go meta again I browsed poe.ninja a bit and found you.

Since I just dig selfcast I decided to throw every bit of currency I farmed at this build..and after 2 days of tft crafting hell I ended up with this setup:

Ooooookay mate, first of all, really glad that you like the build. That gear is filthy... absolutely filthy. Good job dude.

Do you think corrupted soul is worth it? I mean if you are at 6k life, you will still only get 900 ES EHP, since MoM value gets halved. According to you PoB you even lose EHP taking it. And since you are on 900+ ES anyways, you should also not have any "mana" issues even when taking damage.

Anyways, that is some impressive setup, and I am so glad that people dig the build. Currently playing it as a test run in HC SSF and it is actually working better than I thought. It's my first HC character and juiced T9 maps are pretty much a breeze.
Last edited by Moethelion on Feb 8, 2021, 2:17:37 PM
"
Moethelion wrote:

Do you think corrupted soul is worth it? I mean if you are at 6k life, you will still only get 900 ES EHP, since MoM value gets halved. According to you PoB you even lose EHP taking it. And since you are on 900+ ES anyways, you should also not have any "mana" issues even when taking damage.

Anyways, that is some impressive setup, and I am so glad that people dig the build. Currently playing it as a test run in HC SSF and it is actually working better than I thought. It's my first HC character and juiced T9 maps are pretty much a breeze.

No, its totally not worth it. I even recognized a considerable decline in tankieness by using it.
Its on mainly for testing purposes and for the fact that it gives me fire leech(arcane vision). I have a fire leech amu currently in the making but I need a break from crafting for some time :D.
ok, please correct me when Im missing something major here..

I was toying around with the build, trying to make it tankier since I kinda feel a little bit squishy here and there.

What I was doing is ditching The Devouring Diadem entirely for Malachis Awakening and also incorporating a Soul Tether instead of the Headhunter.

With a Glorious Vanity you now have a way bigger life pool than before with MoM, plus insane overleech.
The downside from Immortal Ambition(ES starts at 0, cannot recharge or regenerate ES, lose 5% ES every second) gets completely countered due to the fact we are recovering ES on cg due to pious path. It takes about 2 secs to get to full ES when equipping the belt and it stays there.

The dmg loss is also way milder than I thought because you can now ditch the life flask and you just got 2 more sockets to play with.

The biggest caveat is, of course, losing the headhunter but from the initial playtesting i think Im more than willing to give it up.
This setup kinda makes you immortal compared to Devouring Diadem EB, at least in my perspective.

Maybe Im missing something essential here, its already 02:00 here in austria but it kinda feels really nice :D

pastebin with the blood magic version:
https://pastebin.com/hhPV4VTL
Last edited by s0mosh on Feb 8, 2021, 5:53:43 PM
"
s0mosh wrote:
ok, please correct me when Im missing something major here..

I was toying around with the build, trying to make it tankier since I kinda feel a little bit squishy here and there.

What I was doing is ditching The Devouring Diadem entirely for Malachis Awakening and also incorporating a Soul Tether instead of the Headhunter.

Someone else already pointed out the possibility, but I didn't try it out yet. Wouldn't the helmet only make you able to activate one Aura (Zealotry or Anger) and reserve life for Herald of Ash (unless you use an Essence Worm or something)?

I also don't quite get the argument for Soul Tether, because in softcore I never kite mobs without doing damage, which is the only advantage of overleech, isn't it?

This build scales defense heavily with life due to the recover mod on the shield and the regen, so having tons of life is a big survivability boost. As said, I am playing the build on SSF HC right now and I already have 6.7k life on level 88. With a high lifepool and stun avoidance (pantheon, boot enchant or Cinderswallow Urn enchant) I feel the build is pretty tanky.

But if you are going to try it, I am very happy to hear about the results.

EDIT: Ah I see you skipped Anger and Herald of Ash. But why exactly don't we need a life flask anymore? And why do you use a Granite? The Armour is completely useless against big hits, which is our biggest fear. Basalt is flat 15% and much better imo. Also, we are ailment immune. Dousing flask is not needed.
Last edited by Moethelion on Feb 8, 2021, 6:27:30 PM
"
Moethelion wrote:

I also don't quite get the argument for Soul Tether, because in softcore I never kite mobs without doing damage, which is the only advantage of overleech, isn't it?

This build scales defense heavily with life due to the recover mod on the shield and the regen, so having tons of life is a big survivability boost. As said, I am playing the build on SSF HC right now and I already have 6.7k life on level 88. With a high lifepool and stun avoidance (pantheon, boot enchant or Cinderswallow Urn enchant) I feel the build is pretty tanky.

But if you are going to try it, I am very happy to hear about the results.

EDIT: Ah I see you skipped Anger and Herald of Ash. But why exactly don't we need a life flask anymore? And why do you use a Granite? The Armour is completely useless against big hits, which is our biggest fear. Basalt is flat 15% and much better imo. Also, we are ailment immune. Dousing flask is not needed.

Maybe its just me but I get into no damage phases quite often, especially as self caster who has to stand still to do damage. If I mess up at a boss for example and have to fall back for a mom..like I said, maybe its just my bad skills :D

I only playtested it a couple of maps but I think it is an oversight from the devs..it feels a bit too strong..I can literally stand in the harbi pack in valdos..after casting once i get immortal until the leech effenct wears off.

I will definetly test it on some more difficult content tomorrow and share the results here if you dont mind :).

The flask: I just had a spare granite layin around and equipped it for pure chayulas cause I was lazy, I am aware it is trash xD
Whats the best way for endurance charges if I'm not using red nightmare? I crafted this god tier shield by accident and if i craft block chance i dont need it i tihnk

Last edited by Crewtawn07 on Feb 8, 2021, 11:31:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info