[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

When do you replace gifts from above?
I have no idea what upgrade to go from here this is my current gear. Im just trying to get more life and es but i dont know how you guys are approaching 1k+ ES while maintaining 6k+ life
"
I have no idea what upgrade to go from here this is my current gear. Im just trying to get more life and es but i dont know how you guys are approaching 1k+ ES while maintaining 6k+ life

You basically don't replace gifts from above until very very late progression, like in the 100+ ex range.

You have armor base chest and gloves, and hybrid boots. That's where you are missing ES.
Misclick
Last edited by Moethelion on Feb 4, 2021, 6:59:54 AM
"
Moethelion wrote:

Awesome that the build inspired you to toy around with it! The changes seem cool and it sounds like it worked very well. Personally I could not use Salvo also clear spell, it's just too slow for my style, and missing Flame Dash is a nightmare in certain maps, but that's just me trying to zoom I guess.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

its true my design has trouble in maps that require blinking, I just charge around. on the clear of fireball i wouldn't know as I didn't try it. but salvo is super decent. overall its a slower but lazier build that can pull more damage in single target but clear slower I suppose!

i also grabbed armor bases to mitigate as much phys as possible.

one ugrade the build could definitely use is using a lower level blade blast: blade blast level is just for range, so leveling past the +1 ranges is irrelevant and really chokes the build with dex requirements. i recommend keeping it at lvl 13 where it gets to +2 range. if not u need 21 for +3 range.

lastly I read someone trying to upgrade its gists of above? why? its BIS for the build and a lot of QoL. i don't see how to upgrade It at all. also its a prime ring for corruption
"
antauri007 wrote:

one ugrade the build could definitely use is using a lower level blade blast: blade blast level is just for range, so leveling past the +1 ranges is irrelevant and really chokes the build with dex requirements. i recommend keeping it at lvl 13 where it gets to +2 range. if not u need 21 for +3 range.

lastly I read someone trying to upgrade its gists of above? why? its BIS for the build and a lot of QoL. i don't see how to upgrade It at all. also its a prime ring for corruption

I already updated Blade Blast to level 1 in the PoB before league start. Don't need higher level, that is true. With a good medium jewel you don't need blade blast at all anymore.

Gifts from above is super strong, though it is not bis technically. With a well rolled elder ring you get way more life, resists and more dps although you lose the block, but you can still reach block cap with Red Nightmare. You can see my ring for an example as a big ring for this build:
Last edited by Moethelion on Feb 4, 2021, 1:29:34 PM
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
antauri007 wrote:

I already updated Blade Blast to level 1 in the PoB before league start. Don't need higher level, that is true. With a good medium jewel you don't need blade blast at all anymore.

Gifts from above is super strong, though it is not bis technically. With a well rolled elder ring you get way more life, resists and more dps although you lose the block, but you can still reach block cap with Red Nightmare. You can see my ring for an example as a big ring for this build:

What medium jewel? i missed that part, also I actually don't think there is anything better to put in the trigger wand, so its hard to justify the point expenditure for a medium cluster when blade blast unerves just fine.

that ring is amazing, but you are still getting a tradeoff at the end, because the nightmeare gives no life, and a good jewel can get u like 4 cast, 30+ crit mult, and 7% life. what gifts gives that nothing else can is that consecrate on crit which is great QoL, yes its not needed but it makes sure everything is all the time on CG.

i don't know
maybe its all excuses. i grew fond of the gifts
"
Kmiec wrote:

Mind recording some videos? Would like to see how it does with that level of investment and the different setup. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYvJKIhOdTk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaBSdy_SPAM&t=32s

recorded some footage for yall
"
antauri007 wrote:

Thank you so much for sharing, we need to get this build out in the world! Don't get me wrong, I like your approach very much and think it is a well though out variation. Just reflecting on my own decisions :)

Medium Cluster with Master of Fear (+ Wish for death) gives unnerve on cursed targets. Frost Shield in the trigger wand is an insane survivability boost and also gives some crit on top. You need a decent amount of ES though to not go oom.

For me, endurance charges is a must, since it is so much phys reduction for legion and delirium and also a huge boost to immortal call. So either Red Nightmare or a Talisman are very strong imo.
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
antauri007 wrote:

Thank you so much for sharing, we need to get this build out in the world! Don't get me wrong, I like your approach very much and think it is a well though out variation. Just reflecting on my own decisions :)

Medium Cluster with Master of Fear (+ Wish for death) gives unnerve on cursed targets. Frost Shield in the trigger wand is an insane survivability boost and also gives some crit on top. You need a decent amount of ES though to not go oom.

For me, endurance charges is a must, since it is so much phys reduction for legion and delirium and also a huge boost to immortal call. So either Red Nightmare or a Talisman are very strong imo.

yeah no of course. we both like each other styles. it's simply a matter of what we personally like! mine is in no way better. just different

I'm using frost shield as a self-cast. I really do like the shield. but it's sometimes too straining on my ES regen if I'm being hit at the same time (if not I over regen thanks to vitality actually) I like being able to control when it pops.
please do check my POB. especially the alternate starts, I think they might be a valid option for survivability. the build could also use a eye jewel with PHASE ON KILL and 2 SPELL BLOCK IF HIT. at least one of those jewels caps spell block and the phasing is big QOL on high density.
another big one is the nodes on the cluster jewel and where the cluster is. the node CONJURED WALL is imo superior to the one that grants power charge on block while giving more block.
about the position of the cluster, why on the far right ? the mana nodes are literally dead nodes. far right costs u same points to reach while giving strength and a bit of armor, granted its a bit of armor and a bit of health, but its better than nothing as the right side ones give.

on endurance charges yes, u are right, it is a huge boost , I spendes a lot of time on ways to get the damn charges, but I have nothing. I'm not convinced the red nightmeare is worth it. but damn if anyone has suggestions on a good way to get endurance let me know..
"
antauri007 wrote:

please do check my POB. especially the alternate starts, I think they might be a valid option for survivability. the build could also use a eye jewel with PHASE ON KILL and 2 SPELL BLOCK IF HIT. at least one of those jewels caps spell block and the phasing is big QOL on high density.
another big one is the nodes on the cluster jewel and where the cluster is. the node CONJURED WALL is imo superior to the one that grants power charge on block while giving more block.
about the position of the cluster, why on the far right ? the mana nodes are literally dead nodes. far right costs u same points to reach while giving strength and a bit of armor, granted its a bit of armor and a bit of health, but its better than nothing as the right side ones give.

on endurance charges yes, u are right, it is a huge boost , I spendes a lot of time on ways to get the damn charges, but I have nothing. I'm not convinced the red nightmeare is worth it. but damn if anyone has suggestions on a good way to get endurance let me know..

I did check your PoB. On Level 83 (which is my Uber Lab tree) taking the top left path is superior to just rushing for Constitution. This is exactly where transition starts and as soon as you get more points, you go for the life wheel. Your PoB just picked a higher level and directly added a cluster. I don't quite see the difference otherwise. Or do you mean the very first nodes? That one life node doesn't really change anything to heavily imo, but of course, it is a possible alternative.

For the cluster direction, it doesn't really matter if you go right or left, I would say it is optimal to go into the direction where you have the lower stat to balance out the stats for Righteous Providence. Armour is basically a dead node for us as well, which brings me to your flask and base type choice.

A basalt flask is better for this build than a granite flask imo. This is because the only thing that is dangerous for us is big hits, since we already completely negate small hits with the recover mod on our shield. And Armour does nothing against big hits. If you take a 6k physical hit with a granite, you only mitigate 6% damage with it (you can check this by filling out the enemy hit damage in the config tab). A Basalt is flat 15% every hit.

This is also why ES bases are better for this build than Armour bases. ES gives EHP (due to MoM), "mana sustain" and easy use of triggered Frost Shield. Since we don't scale armour, armour gives us nothing except a nice phys reduction number in PoB, which is completely inaccurate against big hits.

Conjured wall is fine, but I really like the Power Charge on block chance, because Power Charges on clear are very unsteady due to Assasin's Mark sometimes not hitting enemies when you go ultra zoomer mode with flame dash and shield charge. My guide is on 74% spell block anyway, so it doesn't really need the additional spell block. The 5% elemental damage is nice, but I rather have some more power charge procs.

With Red Nightmare you lose ~2.5% DPS and ~100 life (compared to a pretty good rare jewel). Endurance Charges on kill, so basically 100% uptime for mapping, is definitely worth it. Except for an Endurance Charge on kill implicit on a talisman (which I used last league), I don't see a different way to gain Endurance Charges except Enduring Cry, which is a major pain in the ass to cast for me personally.

About the PoB in gerenal, you should really not inflate the damage with things like "have you blocked recently", "have you killed recently", "is the enemy shocked?" or "are you always on full life". All these are conditional and by no means reliable, since you don't have enough flat lightning damage on gear to shock reliably, but only chance to shock on block. None of the bosses in your video are shocked for the vast majority of the time (I think Minotaur gets shocked right at the end). If you get some good flat lightning damage, that is a different story. As you can see, in my video, most bosses get shocked very fast, because I have a lot of flat lightning damage. But I don't include it into the PoB, because I need a fuckton of damage to actually shock.
Last edited by Moethelion on Feb 4, 2021, 6:19:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info