PoE ladder race - Aug 20

I might take a shot at this, even though I would've preferred hardcore (playing a tank) and I'm from Holland so the time is rather odd.

Still, It'll be fun to put my week of PoE experience to the test. I hope to see more of these events. And perhaps some other prizes in the form shiny orbs for example :).
-- Shin

A soft(core) Marauder of the Leagues
"
Utukku wrote:
I'm sure that even if you weren't in alpha, you could do well if you played the game in beta a bit now. (ok I must be the one with most played in the beta, but you can do it even with less ...)
From what I've seen you can be around 35 in 4 hours with the current build, can't wait to see how it goes :)

If your hitting 35 in 4 hours something is seriously wrong. I have ground several characters now without stopping and nowhere near close to that level in a 4 hour period. Something is fishy or just plain not right. Or is this all full group grind experience?
Do you really care?
Last edited by OneEyeRed on Aug 16, 2011, 8:38:05 PM
No, it's solo.
I actually havent played the full 4 hours and 35 may be a bit off.
It's more like 30.
The witch I made to see how it goes is lvl 23 in 2h20 and in cavern of woe (cruel)
Last edited by Utukku on Aug 16, 2011, 8:46:49 PM
"
OneEyeRed wrote:
"
Utukku wrote:
I'm sure that even if you weren't in alpha, you could do well if you played the game in beta a bit now. (ok I must be the one with most played in the beta, but you can do it even with less ...)
From what I've seen you can be around 35 in 4 hours with the current build, can't wait to see how it goes :)

If your hitting 35 in 4 hours something is seriously wrong. I have ground several characters now without stopping and nowhere near close to that level in a 4 hour period. Something is fishy or just plain not right. Or is this all full group grind experience?

There are many of us who have 6-10 months of playing experience. We know the ins and outs of the areas, classes, items, etc. Experience pays ^_^
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_NZ.aspx?y=2011&mo=8&d=20&h=14&mn=0

^Post this link in the OP for everyone to properly convert the time.

http://www.justin.tv/evilandrex

^I'll be streaming my failure here!
"
kant22 wrote:
Anything special we have to do to sign up, or do we simply have to be logged in when it starts and make a new character on the ladder when its available?

Nothing special. Just make sure you're online at the right time and watch for the league to open up. I imagine that you'll be allowed to start late if you want to try to prove just how awesome you are or something.
Forum Sheriff
This should be fun. If nothing else I'm sure this will be the most people we've had online at a single time.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
4 AM here in Europe :(

Even if I can't play I think 10 beta keys to the top 1 is too much, a better spread would be better, as a I don't think anyone has 10 friends that will play seriously this game...

If you wanna give away a total of 55 (10+9+8+...) betas, something like:

5, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, and then 1 beta to all the players in the top 30 or so...

Here are a few more details about how this is going to work.

One hour before the event starts, we will create the league. At that time you will be able to create characters and enter game.

If you enter game during this time, you will be in the starting area but unable to move until the league officially starts. You can still chat to anyone else waiting for the league to begin.

5 minutes before the league begins, the server will start to send notifications in global chat warning about how long you have left until the league starts.

When the league begins your movement will be unlocked and you can start playing.

5 minutes before the league ends, the server will start sending warning messages in chat again.

When the league ends, your actions will once again be frozen. You can still stay in game and chat to the rest of the league if you wish.

Within 60 seconds of the league ending, the ladder will be fully up to date we can then be 100% sure of who has won.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
"
Zidjian wrote:
This should be fun. If nothing else I'm sure this will be the most people we've had online at a single time.

Yeah, it seems this is threefold:

-stress test
-more beta invites
-community event

I'm alllll for it, too. Can't wait to party up with the best of the best and pull out that win :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info