PoE ladder race - Aug 20

To be clear, This ladder race was held on August 20. It went very well and most people seemed to really enjoy it. If you're new to the beta or otherwise weren't able to compete, don't worry, there will be more of these in the future. Thanks to everyone for participating and providing feedback afterward.
- tpapp157

This weekend, we're going to run a temporary four hour league with prizes to the top placed people.

It will run from 2pm to 6pm New Zealand time on Saturday. This is 7pm to 11pm PACIFIC TIME ON FRIDAY. I'm sorry that this time is very bad for Europeans. We will host events for you in the future.

The game version will be 0.9.1 and will contain all balance changes made in this version. The league will not be hardcore. Normal game rules will apply. NEW CHARACTERS MUST BE CREATED IN THIS LEAGUE TO BE ELIGIBLE. After the end of the league, they'll be moved back into the normal Default league. STASHED ITEMS IN THIS LEAGUE WILL BE LOST.

Our decision on the winners is final. Bugs and mistakes will get in the way for many players and this is why we are running an event like this. If you lose your ability to participate due to a bug, please tell us about it and we'll do our best to fix it. We can't change the outcome of the event due to this.

Prizes for the top ten people will be beta keys that you can give to anyone you like. We'll give 10 keys to first place, 9 to second, and so on. If you don't have friends to invite, we recommend you distribute them to people on the main forum who are waiting patiently!

Please tell other Beta members about this event so that they all know. You're allowed to mention it to the public if it comes up.

If you intend to stream your play in it, let us know so that we can compile a thread of streams for people to watch.

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_NZ.aspx?y=2011&mo=8&d=20&h=14&mn=0
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by tpapp157 on Aug 29, 2011, 10:41:25 PM
"
tpapp157 wrote:
10pm to 2am EST. Not ideal but manageable.

Solo only or is partying allowed?
I assume we'll be able to log in and create a character beforehand and simply wait in a waiting room (with global chat enabled?) until the league starts automatically.

Partying is totally fine! We just care about the ladder results with regard to prizes (and that everyone had a fun/productive time).

Verdict is still out as to whether the league will exist before the start time. We'll know soon depending on how the tech goes.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Covert wrote:
Sweet, we are gonna dominate!

So that is 2pm Saturday NZ time?

Yes. 95 hours from now.
"
NaveedLife wrote:
So its simply by who is the highest level? Oh boy, I am going to be mad if I play and lose :P. How many people are in the beta thus far. and how many will be in by then? I want to know my chances here lol. Would be cool to get some beta keys to give to a couple buddies and my bro.

That's right. Top ten places by experience. I'd expect a few hundred people to try to play at once.
Here are a few more details about how this is going to work.

One hour before the event starts, we will create the league. At that time you will be able to create characters and enter game.

If you enter game during this time, you will be in the starting area but unable to move until the league officially starts. You can still chat to anyone else waiting for the league to begin.

5 minutes before the league begins, the server will start to send notifications in global chat warning about how long you have left until the league starts.

When the league begins your movement will be unlocked and you can start playing.

5 minutes before the league ends, the server will start sending warning messages in chat again.

When the league ends, your actions will once again be frozen. You can still stay in game and chat to the rest of the league if you wish.

Within 60 seconds of the league ending, the ladder will be fully up to date we can then be 100% sure of who has won.
Path of Exile - Lead Programmer
"
desophos wrote:
"
Jonathan wrote:
When the league ends, your actions will once again be frozen. You can still stay in game and chat to the rest of the league if you wish.

Within 60 seconds of the league ending, the ladder will be fully up to date we can then be 100% sure of who has won.

What if someone dies while frozen, losing XP?

The monster AI turns off at the same time.
In excruciating pain.
Last edited by Chris on Aug 17, 2011, 6:51:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info