[3.14]Poison Spellslinger Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blast | Budget league start viable | Fast clear

"
Gurkensully wrote:
Hey Dude

I have a question

On the Gems you are talking about "Arcane surge" but i cant find it in the Build is there an hint i dont see or just a wrong Copy&Paste?

Ignore the arcane surge, we dont use it for this build

"
Misubata wrote:
Hey i'm having a blast playing with your build, i feel like i'm kinda struggling and getting OS sometimes, maybe i'd need to get more hp, here's my PoB, would you mind telling me what i need to improve to get (damage and tankiness): https://pastebin.com/L8FctYMG

Thank you !

One shots are generally inevitable because some map mods are made to one shot you(extra damage, extra phys as elementx2/3), some boss mechanics are made to one shot you(sirus laser, shaper slam)

I recommend getting quality on all your gems to max, level your spell cascade(bladefall contributes to damage, no reason not to level spell cascade), just dont add quality to bladefall

Also, i realised you do not have anti curse flask, your resists are not over capped to counter the effects of elemental weakness curse, chances are you went into a map with perma curse and any hit that went thru, will one shot you if your resist is below cap

Your flasks has no quality, no reason not to add quality to them, because you want the highest possible up time on flask all the time, especially ultimatum, which gives near unlimited flask charges

instant recovery life flask is redundant, just go for a normal one

You need a corrupted snake bite with ideally despair curse, try to get one or mass buy them and corrupt

"
Mert_kun wrote:
Hey, first of all I wanna say that I'm a big fan of your builds, especially the Poet's Pen Builds are my main go-to Build every league. This is only my second time playing further than yellow maps though so I don't really know much and try to stick to the build as much as possible.

The problem I'm having is, that I really feel like I am lacking in Damage. I know that we deal DOT and don't melt everything, but even lower Tier rare mobs and bosses do take their time. And when I just fought the Elder Guardians it felt really bad and slow. So I want to know if it something fundamentally wrong with my build/gear or what I could do to improve / what I should aim to get next.

Thanks a lot :>

Gear

Quality on gems is really important coz it inches our dps out as much as possible

If anything i would invest in some awakened gems, especially deadly ailments, because it makes ailments deal damage faster ontop of the higher ceiling in damage multiplier

If damage is lacking, i recommend changing your gloves for a despair curse one, its actually stronger than vulnerability, unless you have dual curse and you decide to apply despair thru poet pen or other means

Your flask need quality too, to increase up time, you want your flask to be up 24/7 during ultimatum, flask boost your damage kinda significantly due to atziri and coralito(added duration on poison)

Personally i would level 6 bladeblast on my off wep slots and try to corrupt out a 21/20, its a huge damage boost because it also gives +1 radius on top of the flat damage increment(+1 radius is insane in terms of increased aoe, which translates to damage)

I would try to fossilcraft a better helm(pristine prismatic) or simply buy one with higher life

If after your made the previous changes, you can replace your boots, the boots is just mainly for early game when the gems arent as levelled
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Respecc'ed my miner to try the build out, overall it melts trash super fast and is pretty speedy.

In terms of survivability, maybe I am playing it incorrectly, especially in an ultimatum, but I find it very difficult to advance further in ultimatums mainly because I only have enough time to tap frenzy one time before I have to keep moving and I'll die sometimes if there's not enough mobs to hit for the life gain on hit or if I get stunned. Sometimes I will stand in place and chain spam frenzy and watch my hp yoyo from near dead to full.

I have not invested much in trying to optimize gear yet, like getting corrupted snakebites with despair or awakened gems yet, will it make a huge difference in terms of damage?
"
obake1 wrote:
Respecc'ed my miner to try the build out, overall it melts trash super fast and is pretty speedy.

In terms of survivability, maybe I am playing it incorrectly, especially in an ultimatum, but I find it very difficult to advance further in ultimatums mainly because I only have enough time to tap frenzy one time before I have to keep moving and I'll die sometimes if there's not enough mobs to hit for the life gain on hit or if I get stunned. Sometimes I will stand in place and chain spam frenzy and watch my hp yoyo from near dead to full.

I have not invested much in trying to optimize gear yet, like getting corrupted snakebites with despair or awakened gems yet, will it make a huge difference in terms of damage?

There is no need to run 2 diamond flask, but yea getting a despair gloves will increase dps by quite an amount

The biggest struggle this build has is life rolls, if you can reach 5k hp, most of the time you are on the higher end of life rolls on your gear
My Builds/Stream

Hi! Your build is awesome and i really liked playing it. But when i reached lvl 95 i decided to tweak your tree a little. Here is what i have now (ignore 4 flasks setup, i'm just lazy AF) https://pastebin.com/BNBdb98w

My question is - i wanna get Auls ammy for malevolence reserve, and then i have some mana for more auras. What auras should i add? Thinking about HoA + Precision lvl 21.

"
Marcus_Filth wrote:
Hi! Your build is awesome and i really liked playing it. But when i reached lvl 95 i decided to tweak your tree a little. Here is what i have now (ignore 4 flasks setup, i'm just lazy AF) https://pastebin.com/BNBdb98w

My question is - i wanna get Auls ammy for malevolence reserve, and then i have some mana for more auras. What auras should i add? Thinking about HoA + Precision lvl 21.

Not really sure about atziri's reflection, because we dont really benefit heavily from ES due to acrobatics, and we dont have ES gain on hit
This is specially true because your gear is kinda min maxed, with a decent amount of ehp

Technically, i dont think aul's + an extra aura is good, because ungil's gives around 10-15% dmg, because high crit chance is also more poison damage as an assassin
A malevolence aul + running hoa and precision would be a tiny/close sidegrade to using ungils, not really sure if worth it
My Builds/Stream

Ye, reflection is nice for me coz i'm kinda low on res with my current gear, and i dont want to swap burn flask for curse flask (still want to add bottled faith as my 5 flask) and curse immun is pretty nice for ultimatums.

For auls - https://pastebin.com/bxfB5tHw with this setup i get +1k poison dps in pob, but i'm not sure how it will feel ingame tho.

And still need to lvl up to 97 for 1 more jewel slot. But even in the current state i'm really like your build, t16 full jused maps and ultimatums are a breeze, got 3 maven deathless kills in a row, a9 sirus is a joke. Thanks alot for this build!

Hello. I watched your video and decided to also make a build for the killer. I understood everything in your build, but I do not understand one thing: how you move quickly and do not pass the attack on the enemies. Please tell me, or if you have already told me, give me a link to this text, and then I am a noob. Thank you in advance.
"
Marcus_Filth wrote:
Ye, reflection is nice for me coz i'm kinda low on res with my current gear, and i dont want to swap burn flask for curse flask (still want to add bottled faith as my 5 flask) and curse immun is pretty nice for ultimatums.

For auls - https://pastebin.com/bxfB5tHw with this setup i get +1k poison dps in pob, but i'm not sure how it will feel ingame tho.

And still need to lvl up to 97 for 1 more jewel slot. But even in the current state i'm really like your build, t16 full jused maps and ultimatums are a breeze, got 3 maven deathless kills in a row, a9 sirus is a joke. Thanks alot for this build!

I find the aul's upgrade a lil too expensive to justify the tiny upgrade, but then again once you hit the wall where you just simply have too much currency and you are min maxed, go for it

This build is pretty ridiculous with the power level of poisons/fast application of multiple poisons on assassin ascendancy, but i do feel that GGG will continue to nerf bf/bb or poison further because its fun and effective

"
Banijunior wrote:
Hello. I watched your video and decided to also make a build for the killer. I understood everything in your build, but I do not understand one thing: how you move quickly and do not pass the attack on the enemies. Please tell me, or if you have already told me, give me a link to this text, and then I am a noob. Thank you in advance.

Not exactly sure what you mean, but i use quick silver flask to move faster, quartz flask to phase thru mobs and acrobatics/evasion mechanics to avoid getting hit as much ontop of moving manually
My Builds/Stream

Won't levelling my awakened spell cascade be counterproductive because of the larger area it gives my bladefall? Or will the damage increase come out ahead?
"
pundit_ninja wrote:
Won't levelling my awakened spell cascade be counterproductive because of the larger area it gives my bladefall? Or will the damage increase come out ahead?

It doesnt massively increase aoe and it affects bladefall's damage, which in fact, is also part of our dps, so there shouldnt be much of an issue
My Builds/Stream

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info