[3.14]Poison Spellslinger Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blast | Budget league start viable | Fast clear

Have you looked into Dendrobate as a potential chest alternative?
"
Junh wrote:
Have you looked into Dendrobate as a potential chest alternative?

Not a fan of it because the build struggles to keep life pool high and resist capped(15-25 all res is meh). Also this increases mana reservation by 10% more for blade blast, not worth for a tiny 11-17 flat chaos damage boost, which is not even close to 5% dps boost.

Any random rare with good life rolls/resist is much better than this, seeing that we dont really lack dps to the extent of having to squeeze this tiny dps boost
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Last edited by Astarift on May 17, 2021, 4:27:17 AM
Hey, for some reason my blades are not exploding with blade blast and spellslinger in my body armor. I'm not sure why and I'm kinda stuck
"
psadfwveg wrote:
Hey, for some reason my blades are not exploding with blade blast and spellslinger in my body armor. I'm not sure why and I'm kinda stuck

You need to activate spellslinger thats tied to your blade blast
My Builds/Stream

Great build. Clearing up to T14 maps comfortably. Any ideas on what I should focus on getting next?

Spoiler
"
Junh wrote:
Great build. Clearing up to T14 maps comfortably. Any ideas on what I should focus on getting next?

Spoiler

Change boots, get more life on your gear generally, try to hit 5k ehp
My Builds/Stream

Hi I tried following your build almost level 93 and got gears a bit res capped and almost 4.6k hp but it just dies to ultimatum (haven't tried bosses yet since in ulti it died already) any tips for that. Would having a bit more hp lets say 5k hp prevent me from dying (not sure that it would help greatly sorry new to the game)? also have 2 life gain rings to prevent from dying but it still does. Kinda converted from a poet ES and life gain build which survives but it don't have the damage to do end game bosses and dies there also that is why I switched to this build.
Last edited by uchiya on May 28, 2021, 2:05:38 AM
"
uchiya wrote:
Hi I tried following your build almost level 93 and got gears a bit res capped and almost 4.6k hp but it just dies to ultimatum (haven't tried bosses yet since in ulti it died already) any tips for that. Would having a bit more hp lets say 5k hp prevent me from dying (not sure that it would help greatly sorry new to the game)? also have 2 life gain rings to prevent from dying but it still does. Kinda converted from a poet ES and life gain build which survives but it don't have the damage to do end game bosses and dies there also that is why I switched to this build.

Life is dangerously low, i m not sure why would u be running a 2 mods only rare ring, ill find rings with t1 life roll + life gain on spell hits

You have almost no quality in all your gems and u have quality in gems that shouldnt have quality(spell cascade). Not having quality on gems = lots of dps loss, and not having enough dps means you would die before you can kill things fast

Big part of survivability is flask up time, likewise, your flask has no quality, uptime is definitely shorter than it should have been

CDR+tailwind boots could have costed you quite a bit, but honestly an awakened spellcascade would have done more for the build
My Builds/Stream

"
Astarift wrote:
"
uchiya wrote:

Life is dangerously low, i m not sure why would u be running a 2 mods only rare ring, ill find rings with t1 life roll + life gain on spell hits

You have almost no quality in all your gems and u have quality in gems that shouldnt have quality(spell cascade). Not having quality on gems = lots of dps loss, and not having enough dps means you would die before you can kill things fast

Big part of survivability is flask up time, likewise, your flask has no quality, uptime is definitely shorter than it should have been

CDR+tailwind boots could have costed you quite a bit, but honestly an awakened spellcascade would have done more for the build

I will try changing the ring and get quality in the right gems and flask. The awakened spell cascade is pretty pricy right now costing 10ex which I can't really afford right now. Thanks for the tips will try and see how it changes.
I just wanted to say this has been the most rewarding build I have ever played. For those who are wondering how this holds up in 3.14 - it's phenomenal. With around 2-5 ex budget I was clearing t16 maps quickly at lvl 75. I also cleared sirus (for the firs time), shaper, and elder all with easy in the low 80s. I still have most of my "starting" gear but spent around 25 ex for nice tailwind boots and bottled faith. These are QoL upgrades and not required. I cleared A8 sirus on my first attempt. I can't believe that this is the "25% dps loss" version of the build.

I hated Bf/BB as 2 skills. This build is everything good about BF/BB without the clunky feel. Decent tankiness too. I will be rolling this for every league until it gets nerfed into the ground.
Last edited by Ragged42 on Jun 19, 2021, 3:23:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info