[3.14]Poison Spellslinger Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blast | Budget league start viable | Fast clear

"
hi there really nice buil,i wanna ask what is the optimal Aps for this build with 0% CDR and 14% CDR?I heard that we shouldn't break through a certain amount of Aps on CoC builds so what about this build?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fh8bnh/spellslinger_cooldown_thresholds_and_all_other/

In the post up there it said we shouldn't go higher than 2.53 aps with spellslinger(40% icrs from lv20 gem and 14% from belt) but i see your aps with frenzy is up to 3.86?
So it seems like i am missing something here?Would you mind explain to me why?

I dont really care or build around it for spellslinger, because
1: We attack much faster than how the cd would clip
2: optimally u dont get to stand and attack in the current meta of poe, so we want faster attack to not have any slow attack animation(the animation is faster if your aps is higher)
3: theres poet's pen too and it contributes much more damage than the spellslinger
4: spellslinger blade blast does not matter because most of the damage comes from having more blades over the extra single blast from triggering the bladeblast on spell slinger

Tldr; dont care about aps or optimal aps, theres no need to overcomplicate things, just go for as fast as possible
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
"
Astarift wrote:
"
hi there really nice buil,i wanna ask what is the optimal Aps for this build with 0% CDR and 14% CDR?I heard that we shouldn't break through a certain amount of Aps on CoC builds so what about this build?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fh8bnh/spellslinger_cooldown_thresholds_and_all_other/

In the post up there it said we shouldn't go higher than 2.53 aps with spellslinger(40% icrs from lv20 gem and 14% from belt) but i see your aps with frenzy is up to 3.86?
So it seems like i am missing something here?Would you mind explain to me why?

I dont really care or build around it for spellslinger, because
1: We attack much faster than how the cd would clip
2: optimally u dont get to stand and attack in the current meta of poe, so we want faster attack to not have any slow attack animation(the animation is faster if your aps is higher)
3: theres poet's pen too and it contributes much more damage than the spellslinger
4: spellslinger blade blast does not matter because most of the damage comes from having more blades over the extra single blast from triggering the bladeblast on spell slinger

Tldr; dont care about aps or optimal aps, theres no need to overcomplicate things, just go for as fast as possible

ak okay i kinda understand now,thank you
After trying 4 different builds in the league and non of them stuck I decided on this one, as I initially wanted to play VF/BB but the 2 button is just clunky at this point.

A massive help especially in maps was getting a life gain on hit ring, that just makes you NEVER have to worry about mobs hitting you. Yes you get the odd 1 massive 1 shot, but for ultimatiums it is amazing. I'm playing around with the idea of using steelskin just for the extra defensive layer, but overall very happy with the build. Just when mapping, do not stop moving, and grab a phasing flask asap because that just makes mapping feel so much better (plus the benefits from the shield are great).

Still a long way to go in terms of gearing/gems/levels, but the fact I don't need to sell my kidney to get the currency to make it work is amazing. Even before upgrading to the dendrobate, the tabula was carrying so hard (I lowered my Precision to lvl 4 and a -7 mana ring to manage the low mana levels - sitting at 45 mana unreserved which is more than enough). I might even push this build to the min-max point.

Thought on getting a poet pen with the "Gain unholy might for 3 seconds" vs the AoE corruption? I'm assuming the AoE is better single target while the other is more for mapping?

Overall,Awesome guide and really well written and thank you for making it :D
Last edited by PhantomZA on Apr 29, 2021, 4:49:58 AM
"
PhantomZA wrote:
After trying 4 different builds in the league and non of them stuck I decided on this one, as I initially wanted to play VF/BB but the 2 button is just clunky at this point.

A massive help especially in maps was getting a life gain on hit ring, that just makes you NEVER have to worry about mobs hitting you. Yes you get the odd 1 massive 1 shot, but for ultimatiums it is amazing. I'm playing around with the idea of using steelskin just for the extra defensive layer, but overall very happy with the build. Just when mapping, do not stop moving, and grab a phasing flask asap because that just makes mapping feel so much better (plus the benefits from the shield are great).

Still a long way to go in terms of gearing/gems/levels, but the fact I don't need to sell my kidney to get the currency to make it work is amazing. Even before upgrading to the dendrobate, the tabula was carrying so hard (I lowered my Precision to lvl 4 and a -7 mana ring to manage the low mana levels - sitting at 45 mana unreserved which is more than enough). I might even push this build to the min-max point.

Thought on getting a poet pen with the "Gain unholy might for 3 seconds" vs the AoE corruption? I'm assuming the AoE is better single target while the other is more for mapping?

Overall,Awesome guide and really well written and thank you for making it :D

Unholy might corruption is great for clear aoe is good for both. For ultimatums i recommend the unholy might
My Builds/Stream

hello may i ask why are you using precision?Because it seems like you don't need hit chance to trigger both bladefall and blade blast right?
"
hello may i ask why are you using precision?Because it seems like you don't need hit chance to trigger both bladefall and blade blast right?

You need to hit to get frenzy charges

Precision also gives crit
My Builds/Stream

as a alternative , we can take out portal to add vitally (keep it at lvl 1), allowing us to use the life gain on hit watcher's eye, which mean we no longer need the shaper mod on the ring which should make capping res easier and we can fin cheaper boots to get cdr on
How can i boost my survivability? I was thinking about kintsugi but maybe you have some recommendation?
Is there as headhunter version of this build? haha.

This is just my no. 1 favorite build since last league, it just walks over all content. clears well and murders bosses.

If I manage to save up enough currency this league for a headhunter, wanted to know how to change up my gear for that.
"
pundit_ninja wrote:
Is there as headhunter version of this build? haha.

This is just my no. 1 favorite build since last league, it just walks over all content. clears well and murders bosses.

If I manage to save up enough currency this league for a headhunter, wanted to know how to change up my gear for that.

We dont use a mandatory belt slot, so if u can cap res, go ahead with the HH

"
Jirru wrote:
How can i boost my survivability? I was thinking about kintsugi but maybe you have some recommendation?

The life rolls on each piece of item is important coz we gotta squeeze life as much as possible. But this is an evasion/avoidance build, it might be hard to get used to because u gotta be moving constantly and we dont really tank hits

My Builds/Stream

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info