[3.14]Poison Spellslinger Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blast | Budget league start viable | Fast clear

Started this yesterday after rerolling away from my bf/bb selfcast assa, must say its a new experience for me as Im normally playing casters/minion builds. I like it, but feel like i'll get some problems at first for red maps. Also Spellslinger reserves so much Mana without the enchant right now that I cant even activate precision D:
"
Started this yesterday after rerolling away from my bf/bb selfcast assa, must say its a new experience for me as Im normally playing casters/minion builds. I like it, but feel like i'll get some problems at first for red maps. Also Spellslinger reserves so much Mana without the enchant right now that I cant even activate precision D:

Reservation enchanted helms shouldnt be too expensive, but precision is just the icing on the cake, you dont really super need it for the build to work, spellslinger is priority
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
"
Astarift wrote:
"

Reservation enchanted helms shouldnt be too expensive, but precision is just the icing on the cake, you dont really super need it for the build to work, spellslinger is priority

Yea im looking to run a few labs and get the enchantment myself, since my Helmet is pretty decent and balances my resists quite well right now. I took out spell cascade?.. on the bf setup for now to fit withering step and precision in, before that wasnt possible to even cast withering step. Will see how it goes after the Enchant. Fun build for sure tho, looking forward to upgrading it further and see how far I can go!
Running this build and it is awesome, but I was wondering if I get a Hunter influenced chest can have an additional curse which curse do you run and where do you fit it?
Also if you could checkout my build and let me know what I could do to be a bit tankier other than getting a bit more life on my gear, feel like I am missing something
Last edited by Holyghost915 on Apr 24, 2021, 12:00:22 AM
"
Holyghost915 wrote:
Running this build and it is awesome, but I was wondering if I get a Hunter influenced chest can have an additional curse which curse do you run and where do you fit it?
Also if you could checkout my build and let me know what I could do to be a bit tankier other than getting a bit more life on my gear, feel like I am missing something

Well, the other curse depends on you. More damage = temporal chains/vulnerability, more defenses temporal chains/enfeble (Rings and gloves)

Rings with life gain on spell hit make you tankier :) also those rings are must have
Last edited by IzDiego on Apr 24, 2021, 5:51:33 AM
"
Holyghost915 wrote:

Life gain on hit is mandatory for survival, you must and definitely need one

Some of your min maxing can be better like crafting something else on helm instead of mana

I would improve rings next, maybe helm too to ease up the requirements to cap res on ring

"
IzDiego wrote:
"
Holyghost915 wrote:

Well, the other curse depends on you. More damage = temporal chains/vulnerability, more defenses temporal chains/enfeble (Rings and gloves)

Rings with life gain on spell hit make you tankier :) also those rings are must have

Not a super fan of temporal chains as it doesnt technically increase the damage of the poisons, but extend it. But as an assassin that applies 32987432 poisons per second, we want the poison to move faster instead of lasting longer(this means we need longer ramp up to reach max dps, which often isnt possible easily)

Main curse is despair, vulnerability is the extra, temporal chains and enfeeble is the defensive ones. If you want defense, i recommend enfeeble more than temporal chains, reduce accuracy(Verygood) and reduce damaged(this further covers our one shot avoidance) is king
My Builds/Stream

What should my next upgrade path be? Awakened skill gems?
"
RewQew wrote:

What should my next upgrade path be? Awakened skill gems?

Using too much uniques, ill move out of carcass jack(the aoe mod is practically useless, we dont use aoe damage, and increased aoe works on both bladefall and blast, not really increasing dps) the duskblight(more life/resist is good and frees up gearing.

I will get a 6 link before thinking about awakened gems

I will try to get a curse on hit snakebite(assuming they are cheap 1c/each to buy and corrupt)
My Builds/Stream

Hello! Very nice guide. What do you think about using Kintsugi in your build? I think that kintsugu with wind dancer should provide more tankiness.
Very interested in trying this build out once I have enough currency to min-max it. I've never been a huge fan of self-cast BF/BB even though it was still very strong prior to the nerfs. Just wasn't a fan of the playstyle and it felt clunky. Doing it with spellslinger and poet's pen seems like the obvious choice but I never thought about it at the time. I literally just watched FastAF's version of this build on youtube before I came on here and saw this. Don't know if I'm gonna copy this build 1:1 but the core mechanics of it for certain.

Probably gonna PoB something up. Looks really fun. Once I'm done with my current character than it's onto this most likely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info