GGG please stop doing this to us every time

The new unique maps i found in high level maps were all base tier. Found at least a dozen so far and not a single high level one.

So not only are the old ones reverted to base tier; it now also affects the new unique map drops at high atlas levels (on standard server).
Last edited by uglym on Sep 30, 2020, 6:46:04 AM
"
uglym wrote:
The new unique maps i found in high level maps were all base tier. Found at least a dozen so far and not a single high level one.

So not only are the old ones reverted to base tier; it now also affects the new unique map drops at high atlas levels (on standard server).

Ooof, that does suck. . .
Agree that clearing our Atlas progress (now upon every new league) is frustrating and works against the premise that we can continue progressing our characters in the parent leagues. This must be very confusing for new players.

Even when they are small, each small obstacle to playing in the parent leagues builds up into a frustrating experience.

Spoiler
As an aside that is off-topic, another issue that can develop over time is a delay opening your stash as you accumulate several hundred remove-only tabs in a parent league.

This started with a change ~Dec. 2017 iirc and is initially imperceptible until you hit a threshold that adds a few seconds delay every time you open your stash. It worsens if you continue to allow tabs to accumulate (I'm at 7 seconds in Standard; 3-4 seconds in both Hardcore and SSF SC) and you can reportedly hit a point where you are no longer able to load into a league.

While you can mitigate this by deleting all the items and hoarding less, this is very time-consuming and would benefit from having better tools to manage them.
It seems to me that the entire issue of a bug, related to converting maps could be fixed easily, by simply NOT changing map tiers, and NOT wiping out everyone's mapping progress because a new league is starting. As was stated by others, it's annoying and not necessary. I mean lets think about it for a minute: A new league starts; that means EVERYONE in the new league is staring from scratch! With nothing! So why does GGG even need to juggle the map tiers? It is absolute nonsense for them to be doing that. The only reason I can possibly think of for them to be doing this is to mess with those playing standard by forcing them to "start over" on something. You know, like they do when they put "just the right change" into the skill tree that requires you to respec your characters. I still have some characters that I haven't played because of that reason. So I don't expect anything to change regarding these kinds of issues, because unfortunately, I really believe that this is how the programmers at GGG get their jollies, by forcing people to start over, when they really just want to maintain their progress. They have been doing this to their gaming community for how many years now? Don't expect it to change any time soon...or rather, don't expect it to ever change...Sorry but that's just how I feel. Because this kind of nonsense has been going on since the game was released...
I suspect the reason for clearing out all progress was the idea that if people create their initial character on standard and they are in the middle of progressing on the completion of their atlas then GGG wanted to try to get as close to matching that progress when the new league starts.

There are better solutions to that while also allowing the vast majority of us to better maintain our atlas completion across new leagues in standard.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
I suspect the reason for clearing out all progress was the idea that if people create their initial character on standard and they are in the middle of progressing on the completion of their atlas then GGG wanted to try to get as close to matching that progress when the new league starts.

Excuse me?? I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense. But maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying. But this is what it sounds like you said to me:

You've made a character on standard, and you've made progress. So GGG wants your progress to match the progress of someone playing on a league. Is that what you were trying to say? If it is then that is just as much of a nonsense statement as what GGG is doing in the first place! Because quite frankly, what happens on standard has no relation to what happens on the league. The league is playing for rewards offered and to test the new content...

edit was typo correction
Last edited by RutRoh on Sep 30, 2020, 7:59:26 PM
"
RutRoh wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Excuse me?? I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense. But maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying. But this is what it sounds like you said to me:

You've made a character on standard, and you've made progress. So GGG wants your progress to match the progress of someone playing on a league. Is that what you were trying to say? If it is then that is just as much of a nonsense statement as what GGG is doing in the first place! Because quite frankly, what happens on standard has no relation to what happens on the league. The league is playing for rewards offered and to test the new content...

edit was typo correction

Sorry, what I meant was a new account creates their first new character in standard not in the league. They play along for a month or two and the league ends. When the league ends the atlas is blanked out on them. If that person then plays their highest level map then they get somewhere in the atlas that approximates where they left off before the league ended.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
RutRoh wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

edit was typo correction

Sorry, what I meant was a new account creates their first new character in standard not in the league. They play along for a month or two and the league ends. When the league ends the atlas is blanked out on them. If that person then plays their highest level map then they get somewhere in the atlas that approximates where they left off before the league ended.

Well that's good to know, because I've been playing the game off and on since 2013, and I never knew that. And it seems that some of the others that have posted in this thread were also unaware of that. Maybe it would be a good idea that every time GGG starts a new league, they remind people of that feature with a line in the patch notes, at the beginning of the notes, that states something to the effect: "play your highest map on standard before you convert your maps, your Atlas will update your progress, then convert your maps, and your progress will not be lost."

So thanks for that info. (Edit: I did that after reading your post and before this reply, and my progress was not lost when I converted my maps, so I am thankful to you for that info.)

But that still doesn't solve the issue of the map conversion bug and the issue of someone paying a high currency for a high tier unique map, and then having it converted to a lower tier because they forgot to pull it out of their map tab before converting. Yes I know you get the warning about removing maps from the map tab that you don't want converted before you convert your maps...but it would just be a whole lot simpler if they would just leave it alone...because after all, there really is no good reason to change the map tiers every few months...

But again, thanks for the info you provided. It is most useful!
Last edited by RutRoh on Sep 30, 2020, 10:01:03 PM
"
RutRoh wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
RutRoh wrote:

edit was typo correction

Well that's good to know, because I've been playing the game off and on since 2013, and I never knew that. And it seems that some of the others that have posted in this thread were also unaware of that. Maybe it would be a good idea that every time GGG starts a new league, they remind people of that feature with a line in the patch notes, at the beginning of the notes, that states something to the effect: "play your highest map on standard before you convert your maps, your Atlas will update your progress, then convert your maps, and your progress will not be lost."

So thanks for that info. (Edit: I did that after reading your post and before this reply, and my progress was not lost when I converted my maps, so I am thankful to you for that info.)

But that still doesn't solve the issue of the map conversion bug and the issue of someone paying a high currency for a high tier unique map, and then having it converted to a lower tier because they forgot to pull it out of their map tab before converting. Yes I know you get the warning about removing maps from the map tab that you don't want converted before you convert your maps...but it would just be a whole lot simpler if they would just leave it alone...because after all, there really is no good reason to change the map tiers every few months...

Small correction, the atlas is not actually cleared when the league ends, typically on a Monday. It is cleared when the new league starts. This is typically on the Friday after the old league ended.
"
Turtledove wrote:

The issue with that is that there already IS a mapping from old map to new map in place, they all get converted after all.
So if they WANTED to keep progress somewhat intact they would just have to apply that EXISTING conversion to the atlas completion.
It's really that simple but for some reason they don't do it. Cannot be that hard on the servers to compute this once for every account.
They just don't care about standard at all, it seems.

"
RutRoh wrote:

That's the BIG issue to me, too. Prime example: T14 highest tier Doryani's Machinarium (that allows getting awakening completion) was about 8 ex or so. Converting it makes it a t13 that cannot give awakening completion and is right now worth about 4 ex. That's a HUGE loss. It's even worse when considering the now highest tier (16) that's worth about 13.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info