GGG please stop doing this to us every time

Why do you wipe Atlas progression in std every new league? The point of playing in std is so that progress is NOT lost. When converting/vendoring maps every old map gets turned into a new one so there already is a mapping old map -> new map in place, can you please just apply that mapping to an account's atlas progress too, rather than just wiping? If old map has completion, just transfer that to the new map that the old one gets converted to. Or even easier, if someone has 100%, just give them 100% again, no need for further checks.
I am aware with 1 corrupted t16 map it's right back to 150/154 but it's still annoying that this is happening at all.

^That's just a minor annoyance but THIS is a big one:

https://streamable.com/2acpa3

Why is it that high tier unique maps get downgraded to low tiers?
Luckily this time I checked before converting but last time I lost several ex worth of maps when the high tiers were all downgraded to low tiers and I had some expensive high tier ones stored to use later.
This is not okay, please stop doing this to your std players.
Last bumped on Feb 14, 2021, 3:49:45 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I agree, it's highly annoying.
This does seem glaringly unacceptable. There's no reason to not let people play at their own pace. Given the nature of standard there's no reason to force people to restart their progress on going through content. Especially given how long it takes to get through maps; this seems no different than if you kicked everyone back to act 1 and made them run through it all again even though their chars are leveled.
I had been going to buy some stash tabs on the next sale; but between this nonsensical reset with no good justification (no matter how long its been the case for, if there's no good justification its still bad); and the fps death caused by a sloppy technical patch (which still hasn't been fixed); I probably won't.
You shouldn't have updated all your maps. Since they started with the wipes you could always use an old one, finish it (magic, rare or corrupted as usual) and get all non-unique maps to that tier done automatically.
Last edited by SuperMotte on Sep 18, 2020, 7:55:47 PM
rest assured this will be solved in the next 2 to 3 years. /s
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
SuperMotte wrote:
You shouldn't have updated all your maps. Since they started with the wipes you could always use an old one, finish it (magic, rare or corrupted as usual) and get all non-unique maps to that tier done automatically.

Presuming they didn't pull out the lynchpin of your entire build making it non-viable for maps.
How can I upvote the OP?

I am all over social media right now leaving nasty messages in your developer's linkedin messages boxes for this unacceptable screwing over of standard due to league mechanics.

I am emboldened to see that I am not alone in being outraged over this.

I have ceased all microntransaction purchases until this is resolved. I dont want to finagle fix a stupid 'feature' I never asked for because GGG cant be bothered to figure out a fix that doesnt inconvenience the entirety of their standard playerbase.

FOH GGG get your crap together
Yes, our complaints have helped. They cleared all of the unique maps the first time they did this as an every release deal to juggle the atlas every release. They also didn't restore the T16 maps until just this release or the previous release, IIRC. The map awakenings are not all restored unless you put all 32 stones in the atlas is still an issue. Some maps are not completed like Vaal Temple (I think?) We have to run an old generation T16 map to restore most of the atlas. I really don't understand why this is necessary though. So we need to keep complaining.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
SuperMotte wrote:

I didn't use the convert button at all yet because I half expected this to occur after what happened last time ... instead I checked in advance if unique maps will get down-tiered again and turns out the suspicion was warranted :(

"
Turtledove wrote:
Yes, our complaints have helped. They cleared all of the unique maps the first time they did this as an every release deal to juggle the atlas every release. They also didn't restore the T16 maps until just this release or the previous release, IIRC. The map awakenings are not all restored unless you put all 32 stones in the atlas is still an issue. Some maps are not completed like Vaal Temple (I think?) We have to run an old generation T16 map to restore most of the atlas. I really don't understand why this is necessary though. So we need to keep complaining.

Thank you for bringing that up. The fact that unique map completion was not lost this time indicates that they absolutely CAN keep an account's progress, if they wanted to. It just seems that they don't want to, for some reason.
"
Wissle wrote:

++
♪ ♫ . M u s i c I s T h e A n s w e r . ♫

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info