[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

"
Bradaw wrote:
I'm more optimistic after seeing the video. CHief AoE wont be that big, though. Thoughts on disciple of unyielding node? Would nerf discharge damage but could potentially be a buff with the 8% charge on kill gen (+5% from chief ascendancy) and 8% damage per charge..math anyone??

PoB says the damage cancel each other out, +.01 increase. So it would be just for the AoE and some additional generation which I don't think will be needed.

In my vid I'm running like 6 max charges with the main mechanic of the build not even utilized yet. So most of my discharges are 2-3 charges. That vid was just a "hey look you can level with discharge and zero gear" which wasn't possible before.

With the AoE nodes and a full charge blast its 42 for Jugg and 36 for Chieftain. You can google a poe unit picture and see the size difference.

"
Jimmiq wrote:

Ok ty for answering. Another question, i have been searching and searching but cant find a good answer. Do you know how ignite works. If we play this build in party can both of us ignite the enemy and have 2 dots running att the same time?
Or not, if we buy emberwake ring, with the text "You can inflict an additional Ignite on an Enemy" Can we then have one ignite each?

With no additional a mob can only have 1 ignite present, the highest. I am not sure if you would both need the ring or just 1 of you. I would assume both.

If you're doing a team, I would do a different DoT build to pair up with, either vortex or caustic arrow or something.
"
bodhe wrote:
"
Jimmiq wrote:

Ok ty for answering. Another question, i have been searching and searching but cant find a good answer. Do you know how ignite works. If we play this build in party can both of us ignite the enemy and have 2 dots running att the same time?
Or not, if we buy emberwake ring, with the text "You can inflict an additional Ignite on an Enemy" Can we then have one ignite each?

With no additional a mob can only have 1 ignite present, the highest. I am not sure if you would both need the ring or just 1 of you. I would assume both.

If you're doing a team, I would do a different DoT build to pair up with, either vortex or caustic arrow or something.

Ok, i guess we need to buy and test in like pvp arena. We are doing the same build with conduit, its rly awesome :)
"
Jimmiq wrote:

Ok, i guess we need to buy and test in like pvp arena. We are doing the same build with conduit, its rly awesome :)

Yeah its a fun way to play, however I would build for the hit, not the ignite. Do a team of templars or shadows. Then you're both cramming millions of DPS on top of each other. I just like the ignite style play and it's a bit of a throwback for me.
Thank you for the guide, it is quite useful!

I am just wondering what the purpose of Firestorm is in the CWDT setup and also the separate one you are using? I must be missing some sort of synergy here I suppose?
Last edited by aesr on Sep 19, 2020, 7:42:49 PM
"
aesr wrote:

I am just wondering what the purpose of Firestorm is in the CWDT setup and also the separate one you are using? I must be missing some sort of synergy here I suppose?

Just so you don't have to walk into the pack to trigger the CWDT loop, or wait to get hit if you're fighting something like Sirius when you don't want to get hit. You can snipe self cast one and start the loop from afar.
"
aesr wrote:

Strictly for charge generation. Self cast as you run in and also triggered casting when hit.
what level would you say is best to switch to discharge set up guys? :)
"

I did right after first lab but went Jugg and getting end charges easily with unflinching. I might respec later though. Dont know yet.
"

I swapped around A3 when I was able to use discharge on a 4L. Also, got my first ascendancy as Chieftain.

OT: Blasting through white maps. Bosses take a few hits. 3+ essence infused mobs are a bit hard and some temple-mod mobs too.

Breaches clear easily and surprisingly monoliths are cleared nicely. Not as good as ED/Cont but still very decent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info