Curse Skills in Path of Exile: Heist

Isn't it called hand-casting? :)
We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
i see... after a long time and so many nerfs, curse are getting some work. Good... except for the fact that are so many monsters that are either hexproof or just have some kind of mechanism to dodge curses (like delve monsters which cant be cursed while invisible), not to mention the ridiculous mitigation one can get while doing bosses.

A rework is nice, but honestly: curses need way more work to be that worth again.
my curses wasnt bricked? tnx god
New Punishment is totally different, that's too bad it was beefy damage for minions and some melee types.

Gotta see the numbers on the Marks v Hex things. I'm intrigued to find out of Marks were basically just gutted or actually good v big targets.
Mark reworks could still save them. As-is they'd be pretty awful.

I'm hoping for charge generation on hit (and perhaps 100% on kill); that way stuff like Assassin's Mark rings would still help with charge generation against mobs, and the damage boost would come only when you really need it.

What the heck is going to happen to Gluttony belt? It's pretty terrible now unless Poacher's Mark changes somehow make it worthwhile.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
lorrey wrote:
Also, with current targeting system it's not possible.
GGG is talking a lot about "tactical" gameplay, they added stationary defence/offence skills, nerfed some speed-focused gameplay styles. And in the same time they making timed encounters where you don't have time for any tactical stuff, you forced to mindlessly rush.

Yeah. Great summary.
I also do not get it.
If they want "tactical gameplay" why do they create timed encounters?
I mean, WTF? Make up your mind GGG.
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
I think that cursing stuff by hand, with the new stationary defensive shields and 2h meta on half-empty maps will be my fav poe experience :)
To the MF Windripper go the spoils
Dislike. at least for the changes to marks.

taking established mechanics in a game and changing them completely is BAD, it makes many builds unviable with this change as they NEED ass mark for example to even function(look at builds applying crit to things with 0% base crit), and sustain of endurance charge/power charge/frenzy(and flask) charges.

please reconsider these changes, make new Hexes at least with the utility components of the now Mark skills, or change Mark skills to apply to many with a greater effect the fewer number of targets it is on.

I am disliking the looks of where POE is going and will definitely be holding off on buying more big supporter packs.

I know GGG wants to slow things down, but they are doing it in big feels absolutely terrible ways.
I don't like the sounds at all... maybe use old sounds for reworked hex/marks?
So imagine for a second how the Mark skill will work with auto-cast rings.
Say you got a decent build and clear high-end maps.

In practice this will reapply randomly to 1 of the packs monsters if you don't one-shot everything, but regardless you wont get more then 1 max 2 charges per. pack.
Now the mark skill self-cast will have the exact same issues with synergy.
But only being able to target one monster with the mark sounds like it is only worth it for unique monsters to most people.

A couple of pointers:

- There are very few "non-skill point" ways to increase the duration of your charges so just keeping up three requires a insanely high clear speed/density.

- If you have dual curse you cant be guaranteed that the same monster always gets both marks if there are multiple monsters, so auto-/dual- curse is not very interesting either for a lot of skill synergies with charges like guardian skills and discharge or flicker to name a few.

- All the skills that uses these charges either require high upkeep or high amounts of charges.

- Bosses don't die more then once and a lot of them don't have adds so no change in charge generation for the only place where single target damage matters.

- Think about what poachers mark does beyond granting frenzy charges and how bad that is for single target compared to the other marks.

- We where not swimming in interesting ring suffix modifiers.

So in summary now it is both bad for bosses single target, bosses with adds for auto-cast and clearing packs of monsters in practice.
You might as well remove the charge generation.

Sure, I am a little salty that my beautiful self-curse rings are ripped here.
But I am as always prepared to give up everything for a better version of the game then we had before.
However I truly believe that this particular part of this version is worse then the previous for the simple reason;
**You wont solve any real problem or change any actual meta around curses except that some will be used less then before.**
In return you are going to end up with a bunch of other unforeseen consequence's of this that affect builds that where already struggling to stay viable and you overall will have less synergies possible then you already had.

I sincerely hope this is a buildup for a larger design space perspective that us mere mortals cannot fathom.
But please if you are going to make a rework, do it right and rethink the synergies and remake the curses, no argument there, a rework is welcome, but this just does not seem like its "all in".
Resident <NiceFX> crafter - https://nicefxguild.com/
Part of the G3 community - https://www.youtube.com/c/goodguygaming3

IGN: Khamatum/Drachten/Riskitbiscuit/Rediash
Account : RedsDead
Last edited by RedsDead on Sep 10, 2020, 9:41:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info