Path of Exile: Heist - Zizaran's Awakener Kill Event

"
auea1 wrote:
poe hardcore= have a high end pc + ultra internet band or dont even think about playing that.

ah also be good at game .

Be good at the game? Yes, you do need that for hardcore that is true, but high end PC? No.
Even with a casual PC you can easily play hardcore, i've seen friends and guild members do most endgame content in HC, a few HCSSF even and they don't have a crazy PC.
Now sure it depends what you consider a high end PC, but for around 800$, maybe even a bit less, you can easily do all content, even though you might have to turn down graphics and background apps.
Good internet is not special nowadays, with just 50k mbit/s you can do anything in this game, and 50k is really far from "ultra" or really good, it's pretty much the baseline standard to be able to do everything.
"
Adrenicrome wrote:
...What I find amusing is the "hardcore" part. It's not even hardcore, it's logout core. If GGG could make it so you can't cheat death by logging out, then it would truly be hardcore, and we would see just how many can actually make it on 1 life only. Now that would be entertaining to watch.

I agree. GGG should make it that you can't logout when a monster is within a certain range. If you need to logout, you should be far enough to be considered safe. Similar to some games not letting you save when a monster is close by. Logging out in the middle of battle should be considered a death for hardcore.
"
DANGSTERX wrote:
GGG/Ziz - why don't you post Awakener kills for the other leagues (especially non-HC SSF) as well with guaranteed non-cash prizes so those who play in other leagues can race among themselves? Even the pro gamers RIP before they reach A8 half the time - and they won't be able to make perfect gear like they did in Harvest. The 99% who like the idea of racing but don't have the skills have no chance.

Also you could give prizes for "firsts" with other builds in those leagues - maybe a special prize for the first A8 kill in the 16 ascendancy classes.

A race is a competition, it's not meant to be won by just any random player, but rather the pros that practice all the time and have the knowledge and skills to win.
I really like your idea for the rewards with every ascendancy classes first A8 kill and would really love to see something like that.
Nice idea.
"
SageMac wrote:
"
Adrenicrome wrote:
...What I find amusing is the "hardcore" part. It's not even hardcore, it's logout core. If GGG could make it so you can't cheat death by logging out, then it would truly be hardcore, and we would see just how many can actually make it on 1 life only. Now that would be entertaining to watch.

I agree. GGG should make it that you can't logout when a monster is within a certain range. If you need to logout, you should be far enough to be considered safe. Similar to some games not letting you save when a monster is close by. Logging out in the middle of battle should be considered a death for hardcore.

Not really that I'd say make it like WoW, where you are considered "in battle" if you attacked an enemy or have been attacked recently.
That way you will have to get away from the enemy or get rid of him.
This way it would be much better in my opinion.
"
Thrúd wrote:
"
The fact that some players can put 16 hours a day into the game makes it impossible for average people to compete.

I wonder if an event with a max hours played per characters would give more equal chances to everyone?

Or maybe make an event in SSF Softcore but only count deathless boss kills. This would also be less punishing for people that have less time to play the game.

Or an event with a qualified racers bracket and casual bracket?

I'm just throwing ideas for future events so more people can compete for first places.

But that's the whole point of those kinds of events, the ones who put in the most effort and earn the prize the most, win the prize.
If everyone had equal chances, then there would be noone who actually earned the prize more than others, people would start complaining "Ey, but I did the exact same thing".
The ones who are simply the best, the fastest and the most hardworking win.
That's just how competition works and a ladder based event is competition.
For you the second part of the event might be more appealing, as it entails prizes that are given out at random, as such they will hold a lower value of course, but you don't have to be good or the best to get them.

you mean always the same people, every league?
Like with uber labyrinth fastest runs...
Just give them the prizes and dont bother with all that theater.

"
Thrúd wrote:
"
SageMac wrote:
"
Adrenicrome wrote:

Not really that I'd say make it like WoW, where you are considered "in battle" if you attacked an enemy or have been attacked recently.
That way you will have to get away from the enemy or get rid of him.
This way it would be much better in my opinion.

I was saying that since fiirst day i saw people in HC using macro to log out to save their chars. Its basically cheating.
Last edited by Aeon42 on Sep 7, 2020, 1:07:27 PM
Hype!! looking forward for it :)
"
Good internet is not special nowadays, with just 50k mbit/s you can do anything in this game, and 50k is really far from "ultra" or really good, it's pretty much the baseline standard to be able to do everything.

What do you mean by 50k mbit/s ?
50 000 mbit/s witch is 50Gbit/sec (if so dont see how this is a casual/standart internet connection in 2020. I wish it was but unfortunately it is far from reality.)
or maybe you misstape it and actualy you mean 50 mbit/sec and if so I can assure you (you can do the test if you want) try to play the game with sutch connection. You are gona have bad times even in sc and i am not even talking about competing with other players...

No offence just get your facts straight.
Last edited by XÐemon on Sep 7, 2020, 2:44:15 PM
"
Knited wrote:
Lost me at harcort

Did Shopify know this was only for <1% of the poe playerbase? Someone let them know maybe its not to late for them to change it.

who will give reward like 12k$ for soft core lol....
The rules seem to contradict themselves. The random drawing entry for MTX with Full Watchstoned Awakener kill within the first month states it can be on other than HC SSF league, but then at the end it says only HC SSF can win any prizes. Can we get clarification please?
Why hello there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info