Path of Exile: Heist - Zizaran's Awakener Kill Event

"
XÐemon wrote:


I will try to explain it to you one more times.

-If you talk about 50mb/sec teoretical: When you subscribe a contract for 50 mb internet with the IS provider the 50mb is teoretical speed witch mean you will get a best something like 1 or 2mb/sec real and this is from 2001! (VDSL) Most ppl who live (far from the big city)still have such connection even today.

-If you talk about 50mb/sec real bandwidth (witch is not even the case for most of the streamers, a best i have seen is around 45mb/sec download) i am sorry to inform you that "today" only few have access to such bandwidth.

ps: I will give you an example betwin teoretical and real speed: In my case i have subsribed for a 200mb connexion with my ISP (200 mb/sec UP and 20mb/sec DOWN)and my real download speed is a most 24mb/sec!
My ping with poe servers is around 27ms (for the fastest) and i still have lag issue from times to times. I do agree with you that the connexion must be stable witch is not aways the case but this is what i have.




That's some rare super sh*tty contract, yes there is usually aggregation, but it's not like you're losing 90-95% of the speed, usually worst case scenario is like losing 20% maybe, during peak hours.

I was on ADSL for years in a small village, 40mb/s, was basically at 38-39 all the time.

Again, you don't need 50, you can do fine with 1mb/s, if it's stable.

I'm not arguing that most people have 50mb/s or better connection. I'm arguing that what you wrote about POE demands on bandwidth is complete nonsense.

My bet is that you would do fine on 0.25 also.

If you are on 200mb/s line and you are getting 24 result, you're most probably getting the result in bytes not bits.

And as the other person already pointed out, if you got 200mb/s contract and you are really getting 20megabits... not bytes... a second, then you're getting screwed over super hard and should change your provider.
Last edited by Flisker_2 on Sep 8, 2020, 11:32:13 AM
Ty Ziz <3

-helken
Thank you so much for making this event.

Does account sharing include global/guild/friend interactions such as:

Awakener 8 Rotas
Awakener 8 kill sellers

Because if only your own atlas kills count, the event will include more content and give more poe players a chance to compete.
"
Rascalson wrote:
The rules seem to contradict themselves. The random drawing entry for MTX with Full Watchstoned Awakener kill within the first month states it can be on other than HC SSF league, but then at the end it says only HC SSF can win any prizes. Can we get clarification please?


Any answer on this? Will bust my ASS on this as much as any filthy casual can, but not if even the MTX drawing entry is for HC SSF only.
Nah, it's only one sided for the streamers, not sure why people throw their money at GGG.
If I had a early Xmas wish it would be that some of the prizes, cash or otherwise, were allocated to 1st A8 kill by each ascendency in HCSSF.

It would promote more build diversity if you could still get an automatic prize for pushing hard with a Templar or Ranger build.

Thanks for reading.

Really looking forward to stealing some loot!
"
Adrenicrome wrote:
That's quite a chunk of change for this event. Good on ya Ziz and sponsors and such. What I find amusing is the "hardcore" part. It's not even hardcore, it's logout core. If GGG could make it so you can't cheat death by logging out, then it would truly be hardcore, and we would see just how many can actually make it on 1 life only. Now that would be entertaining to watch.


This. I agree with this post 100% Especially when it comes to a race that is supposed to showcase the best talent of the POE community.

Even playing Softcore, though, I never use a logout macro because I don't feel it fair at all. If I'm meant to die, so be it. I take the risk, I reap the consequences. That's saying a lot from a player who absolutely HATE dying by principle and will NEVER again try Hardcore (played it in Diablo 2 and soon realized that's not for me; losing everything just makes it an utter waste of my time - my personal opinion here. You may disagree with me and that's fine).

"
darkilein1 wrote:
Why do people cry so much about the logout macro? If you think you are invincible with the macro go and give hc a try. You will figure it out on your own. Otherwise don´t complain about it since it doesn´t change your gameplay at all. GGG has not problems with it so move on and live with that.


Doesn't change the gameplay? You're kidding right?

Aside from your point of GGG being fine with it on 'standard' Hardcore play (meaning, in the Hardcore leagues). it DOES change the way you play. How so? Because you will dare to try your luck a whole lot more than without. Be bolder.

The macro is a last resort option, sure, but it's there and you cannot ignore that even the option being available WILL have an influence on how daringly you play.

And, in a competition, utmost fairness is usually adamantly recommended. Cheating death - and that macro is made to accomplish that 100%, even if sometimes fail due to lack of quick reflex or human mistakes - is not part of fairness.

Honestly, it should be disabled in any race event and while that may be argued that it has saved the hides of people experiencing lag and desyncing issues (which is not a fault of their own), therefore is needed, let's be honest here. 97% of the time, it is used to cheat death and circumvent a bad move which would rightfully get a character killed.

I'm glad events such as these exist but I won't lie. It gets a bit exhausting to watch the same players share the top 10 over and over again - which has been the case in the last few race events I've watched. Would be nice to see a bit more diversity, although I recognize the talent of the winners, of course, and do believe they deserve the prizes they win. They work for it, no doubt.

Now, for those who are decrying that pro players will always have the advantage no matter in what league an event like this happen... well, you're not wrong. But it could be remedied to easily - host different races in mini-leagues and only allow 1 account entry into a single league, preventing them from joining another (No idea if that's possible, just an idea I'm throwing out there). That way, the pro-players can compete against one another in a mini-league of their own while others, more 'casuals', can compete against one another in a different mini-league, ensuring more fairness and a wider reach of the playerbase, not just the 1% elite players.

I think that last point is something that is not receiving enough focus - and the 99% who are - more often than not, getting ridiculed on the forums or such post as this one for being 'casuals' - are also enjoying the game. Is it wrong for them to want to gain the chance to experience events too, win prizes (even if it's just fun MTX) WITHOUT being made to feel like they're filth? It gets ridiculously annoying to be belittled in a community that, by all means, is small enough that toxicity shouldn't even be an issue.
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
"
Adrenicrome wrote:
That's quite a chunk of change for this event. Good on ya Ziz and sponsors and such. What I find amusing is the "hardcore" part. It's not even hardcore, it's logout core. If GGG could make it so you can't cheat death by logging out, then it would truly be hardcore, and we would see just how many can actually make it on 1 life only. Now that would be entertaining to watch.


This. I agree with this post 100% Especially when it comes to a race that is supposed to showcase the best talent of the POE community.

Even playing Softcore, though, I never use a logout macro because I don't feel it fair at all. If I'm meant to die, so be it. I take the risk, I reap the consequences. That's saying a lot from a player who absolutely HATE dying by principle and will NEVER again try Hardcore (played it in Diablo 2 and soon realized that's not for me; losing everything just makes it an utter waste of my time - my personal opinion here. You may disagree with me and that's fine).

"
darkilein1 wrote:
Why do people cry so much about the logout macro? If you think you are invincible with the macro go and give hc a try. You will figure it out on your own. Otherwise don´t complain about it since it doesn´t change your gameplay at all. GGG has not problems with it so move on and live with that.


Doesn't change the gameplay? You're kidding right?

Aside from your point of GGG being fine with it on 'standard' Hardcore play (meaning, in the Hardcore leagues). it DOES change the way you play. How so? Because you will dare to try your luck a whole lot more than without. Be bolder.

The macro is a last resort option, sure, but it's there and you cannot ignore that even the option being available WILL have an influence on how daringly you play.

And, in a competition, utmost fairness is usually adamantly recommended. Cheating death - and that macro is made to accomplish that 100%, even if sometimes fail due to lack of quick reflex or human mistakes - is not part of fairness.

Honestly, it should be disabled in any race event and while that may be argued that it has saved the hides of people experiencing lag and desyncing issues (which is not a fault of their own), therefore is needed, let's be honest here. 97% of the time, it is used to cheat death and circumvent a bad move which would rightfully get a character killed.

I'm glad events such as these exist but I won't lie. It gets a bit exhausting to watch the same players share the top 10 over and over again - which has been the case in the last few race events I've watched. Would be nice to see a bit more diversity, although I recognize the talent of the winners, of course, and do believe they deserve the prizes they win. They work for it, no doubt.

Now, for those who are decrying that pro players will always have the advantage no matter in what league an event like this happen... well, you're not wrong. But it could be remedied to easily - host different races in mini-leagues and only allow 1 account entry into a single league, preventing them from joining another (No idea if that's possible, just an idea I'm throwing out there). That way, the pro-players can compete against one another in a mini-league of their own while others, more 'casuals', can compete against one another in a different mini-league, ensuring more fairness and a wider reach of the playerbase, not just the 1% elite players.

I think that last point is something that is not receiving enough focus - and the 99% who are - more often than not, getting ridiculed on the forums or such post as this one for being 'casuals' - are also enjoying the game. Is it wrong for them to want to gain the chance to experience events too, win prizes (even if it's just fun MTX) WITHOUT being made to feel like they're filth? It gets ridiculously annoying to be belittled in a community that, by all means, is small enough that toxicity shouldn't even be an issue.


I´m not sure how the logout macro now plays in with events for only the - let me call it like you all think its the right term - "1% of the playerbase". And even without the macro still the same players would win atm since other racers would also lose the option to use it right? So no change there like it is now. I never said its not good to have events in which every player can participate in someway besides watching streams. It´s just funny to see how triggered people get by the fact the logout macro exists and you playing sc or whatever you wanna call your league. Also I´m playing hc without the logout macro and i have no problems with others using it. Now to your point about the fairness... Okay let me try to explain it to you: If the macro would be available for lets say the top 50 racers and other racers couldn´t use it then yes it would be unfair. But here you missing the point that EVERYONE can use it even if you play SC League. That macro is available for you, me and xyz. So where is the unfair point of this if YOU just decide to not use it. Its YOUR decision.
I mean you don´t have to watch any race if the macro disturbs you so much.
"
darkilein1 wrote:
I´m not sure how the logout macro now plays in with events for only the - let me call it like you all think its the right term - "1% of the playerbase". And even without the macro still the same players would win atm since other racers would also lose the option to use it right? So no change there like it is now. I never said its not good to have events in which every player can participate in someway besides watching streams. It´s just funny to see how triggered people get by the fact the logout macro exists and you playing sc or whatever you wanna call your league. Also I´m playing hc without the logout macro and i have no problems with others using it. Now to your point about the fairness... Okay let me try to explain it to you: If the macro would be available for lets say the top 50 racers and other racers couldn´t use it then yes it would be unfair. But here you missing the point that EVERYONE can use it even if you play SC League. That macro is available for you, me and xyz. So where is the unfair point of this if YOU just decide to not use it. Its YOUR decision.
I mean you don´t have to watch any race if the macro disturbs you so much.


The thing is, I am not certain at all that ALL the top players would actually get as far as they do without that famous macro, as they wouldn't be able to cheat death so easily. Maybe they would, after all they do have amazing knowledge and skills.

Or maybe, they would have to put even more efforts that they do now since they would have no choice but to face death and start over from scratch. It wouldn't be as cookie cutter as the past few races have been and would force them to play more strategically and less boldly.

The fact the macro is available to everyone, as you pointed out, matters very little in the argument I was trying to make.

I don't have a problem with it in general. I just think it should not be allowed in a race with such prizes. I respect your opinion though; to each their own.

Oh, and as a sidenote, I find it interesting you think I was 'triggered', then turn around and immediately seek to belittle and disconstruct my opinion, focusing on one aspect of it instead of it as as whole.

What I did was only stating my opinion, which I just happen to share with others and clashes with yours.

Also, one last thing - when I refer to the 1% of the player base, I don't mean it in a toxic kind of way. I want to make that adamantine. Suffice to say, the streamers and usual winners of such events do belong to a caste of their own, which sets them apart from the regular player base, often referred to as casuals - who will often -- if not always - be at a disadvantage because Life keeps them from playing as much.

With that being said, I'll still keep up to date on the event because I love the game and it is my way of encouraging GGG to keep producing amazing content.
@Bellaluna1722

Howdy, read through most of the discussion. You are right 100%. Just my opinion but the logout macro debate is pretty cut and dry. The argument happens before every big event and you always have people saying the same things about why it's fine. Personally I accepted long ago that it is what it is and that's the way it is. It's not gonna change :/. I find myself more bummed that I can't take off 2 weeks to a month of work to really participate, and that's why streamers are favored because they are doing it for work anyway, but that's just a good for them kind of situation, us casuals will just have to be satisfied watching the same people win the prizes over and over again. And I agree with you on that too, they put in the work, they deserve it, they have mad skills and knowledge. It's just a "would if I could" type situation. It would definitely be more entertaining / stressful in a good way if there was no logout macro. Hope everyone is safe and healthy and Good luck in Heist!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info