Well, fuck... (a 2020 hurricane season story)

"
Shovelcut wrote:
Finally time for an update: I'm home! Holy shit I was starting to think I was in Hotel California...

So, on the 9th of January the FEMA trailer was delivered and I only was handed the keys yesterday. That's how long it took them to finish setting it up. At one point, about a month ago iirc, they had me ready to move in on a monday so I hear nothing back from them and take a ride to town to see what's up. I round the corner and see the steps pulled away from the trailer and everything is disconnected...

Well these dipshits didn't bother to find out the flood zone elevation requirement and had to lift it another 48 inches and build 2 more sets of stairs since the first ones were way too short.

Now for the "fun" of shopping for furniture and electronics. Thankfully the trailer came with an icebox, stove and microwave.

Wew it has been one helluva journey. Thanks for coming along with me! ❤

YAY that you have a roof of sorts now!

Of course now our news cycle has focussed myopically on something else, and if you were to mention you'd been through a hurricane and lost everything the average person would probably say "What's a hurr cane?"

You've missed quite the poop flinging marathon here in the haunted halls of PoE. They let us grow potatoes, then they took the taters away, then they gave them back, now they're taking them away again because some enterprising lads from a discord group set up a still and people are making vodka. By the time you have hardware to play on again, we'll be deep into Blood Orange League. Screwdrivers, anybody?

All the same here's hoping you and your family have a safe place to rebuild from and be prepared for the future. Help your neighbour even if it means building houseboats and filing for the deep-sea fishing rights on your properties!
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt. ~Sun Tzu
Last edited by KoolaidMinistries on Apr 25, 2021, 2:35:15 AM
Yeah, didn't mean you.

__

Anyway, I'm glad things are finally falling into place, Shovelcut. Do keep us apprised, but at this point I'm in the 'no news is good news' camp.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Yeah, didn't mean you.

__

Anyway, I'm glad things are finally falling into place, Shovelcut. Do keep us apprised, but at this point I'm in the 'no news is good news' camp.

that was actually for GGG, not you
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt. ~Sun Tzu
Last edited by KoolaidMinistries on Apr 11, 2021, 7:42:45 PM
Have you checked your message yet?
BTW I'm operating in Texas, atm. I let Governor Abbott know I'm here and what I'm doing here ;-) He's such a great governor! I liked him even before I got here.
Ida update when you can, please.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Ida update when you can, please.

+1

also obligatory "NeRf CyCloNE!!11~"
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Lake Charles dodged a bullet this time thankfully. I had planned to evacuate this morning, morning rolls around and my dumb ass just packs up the car and heads out before looking at the news. Long story short I drove 4 hours to check into a hotel and give my cat a bath (he had an accident in his carrier) then get a call from my son saying it's blue skys and they barely got any rain so my dumb ass packs back up and drives 4 hours to come back home.

All my people picked on me for leaving but they don't have to potentially shelter in a raggedy ass government owned mobile home that leaks when it rains sideways. lol

You guys are too sweet for thinking of me today! I hope you're both doing well. ♥

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Aug 29, 2021, 11:38:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info