Well, fuck... (a 2020 hurricane season story)

For what it's worth I've publicly admitted many times that I'm pretty dumb. :P

Here we go with round 2, definitely not in a good spot for this one so it's gonna be sketchy. Scott, Louisiana this time around. One of the cleaning ladies said the hotel has a generator so we should have some power if the lines go down.

Again, good luck to any other exiles out there in the affected areas. Stay safe! ❤
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Stay safe and dry, keep your phone charged and eyes and ears open.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
'Shit' about sums it up, yes.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
'Shit' about sums it up, yes.

Ha!

Worst part has passed I believe. The wasted guy in the room next to me was hanging out his window yelling "WOOOO!" for what seemed like hours. Good times. lol

I suppose I'll move everything to the other side of the room for the night. 🤣
Little update: Insurance check finally came thru and I've got a mobile home ordered! Sadly the delivery time won't be until some time between January and March of next year. May not seem like a long time but it sure feels like an eternity. hehe

The demand for mobile homes is pretty nuts around here, there are still around 8 thousand families displaced just from the Lake Charles area according to the mayor. And lemme tell ya, these salesmen are trying REAL fucking hard to scam the shit outta people since they know most have insurance money. It's fucked...

So now it's just about trying to find a cheaper place closer to home. :)

re Salesmen trying to scam because they know the insurance money is in: late-stage capitalism that openly mocks emergency systems designed to react if things go wrong sure is a bitch when it runs on the premise that nothing will go wrong -- a particularly horrible approach when people happen to live in an area prone to natural disasters. And that to me is the real kicker. These ARE natural disasters; they're observable and expected, if not necessarily predictable in their timing and intensity. And there's just so little support in place for the people who have no legitimate choice but to scramble to eke out a living knowing the next big one is coming.

It IS fucked. Hard to have faith in the trickle down system when the word 'trickle' triggers memories of cold, wet nights after a storm.

Sorry, getting angry here on your behalf from the comfort of my moderately privileged position because there aren't systems in place to let the moderately privileged help without fearing being screwed over as well.

It's. Fucked.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Sorry to hear about this man. Hopefully, you get a place asap.
"
PeonDeFlore wrote:
Sorry to hear about this man. Hopefully, you get a place asap.

Thanks Peon! I hope your family is doing well. ♥

"
Sorry, getting angry here on your behalf...

Heh, go for it, I'm too exhausted to be angry anymore. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info