Read my name of this thread (before you click on it).

GGG has benefited greatly from the absence of AAA products within the past decade, which is why its been enjoying a lot of support from the traditional MMORPG market (at least from the majority of it). The MMORPG (my favorite) genre killed itself by going against WOW through copying its model as well as doing a poor job with that. Many of the MMORPG that released a decade would perform far better today.

For many today the reality settled, that taking on big projects its far more complex than it seems, as game developing on itself is already not a simple task. One prevalent mistake I've seen is when those who are developing their games, who have programming knowledge also feel confident that they have that same experience to decide what their game should be about. It's in human nature to think that we know something that through time proves we haven't known it as much as we thought.

As an avid gamer myself I have done far more than most on my part to not promote and support mediocrity, to not buy in to promises and hype and same goes for monetizing (specifically P2W) models. The fact I've managed to spend $60 total in what is now a decade on two new games that have released just shows that voting with my wallet as well as sharing information, feedback and raising awareness its one thing, but there are many other factors beyond my control like negative influence and interference from other bodies that hold back game creativity and development.

Software programmer and graphic artist are two professions that so many markets are willing to pay and pay better than the game industry. From the government to the movie and marketing industry, there is a good reason why game development has stagnated. Anyways, back to this game as I already covered the competitive part of it. As you can see the Gauntlet is just a gimmick of "difficult" challenge while again league after league that "difficult" challenge thanks to game design can be skipped.

Difficult challenge shouldn't be optional, something that can be skipped/avoided for progress. The mapping system and its sustainability (because many complained about it) its where it is, where players can reach all bosses without even needing to run yellow (rare) + corrupted maps. So, when players are playing this Gauntlet its like they are playing the standard difficulty where rare maps were used.

Yes, the amount of loot is somewhat impacted and the progress is slowed, but when it comes to loot, harvest is that league that has surpassed every other league for power creep. While ago I suggested GGG to disable the use of currency on maps (including wisdom scrolls), for the purpose to prevent players running easy mod maps (that is if they intend to maintain a high sustain/map drop rate) where maps drop with challenging mods based on their tier unidentified. They would have to adjust the mods like disable reflect, but again players should not be allowed to progress (get away) by skipping difficult content.

For the casual as well as "softcore" market that plays this game GGG has far more work to do for high entertainment value and replayability. SSF can be the solo competitive and non-SSF can be the multiplayer type of ARPG, where grouping is encouraged but not to the point a player is limited to depend on specific individuals to be online for progress.

Trading and grouping need continues work as well as the MTX challenge rewards shouldn't be the main rewarding system, not when the game is already buried in plethora of MTX. To fix trading they need to bring a system to eliminate botting and to fix grouping they need to redesign the skill system/ascendancy system. They need to bring far more appealing rewarding concept than just go fetch MTX challenges as well as to continue working on improving the guild system.

Finally, the good news is that the game today its far better looking (thanks to improved graphics) as well as more playable from a technical standpoint. The Twitch viewership is also a good indicator that the audience is losing interest to follow the game, and if some within GGG are also not watching streamers on Twitch play the game they should ask themselves first why is that. Personally, I don't have an interest to follow others play the game in its state because I am not getting much valuable (useful) and new information. The overall content through most of the game is trivial and well known with many builds that are way beyond the power level they should be.

Watching a fighting game it's far more entertaining due to the combat being more meaningful and impactful from both players or player vs CPU/MOB, something that's lacking in PoE with the exception of content bosses. Example, most map bosses are tank and spank, where they die like regular mobs within seconds and I already discussed the need for bosses to not be static and predictable, a technology that was used decades ago from games like WOW.
Last edited by Kopogero on Aug 25, 2020, 6:20:30 PM
Aight, who's taking odds for how many Kopogero threads we get before his next ban?

Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
"
Zionyaru wrote:
Aight, who's taking odds for how many Kopogero threads we get before his next ban?

This is like the forum version of asking people in global to guess the roll -

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Facebreaker
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 25, 2020, 8:12:18 AM
Is this dude always like that? His every response post and op as well look like a friggin book chapter...
I know all player come and say : "ahahah nice, u have try a bot u get ban, sooo nice" but i tell u its just for try, for see and for know. I have use this 10 minutes maximum and i have insta uninstall." - some not-too-bright dude, 2013; Joined 2012, † 2013.
"
Sarn88 wrote:
Is this dude always like that? His every response post and op as well look like a friggin book chapter...

He is. He has a lot to say, good for him. His mistake, though, is thinking there's a target audience for his posts, beside all of us shmucks playing along with his trolling.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Sarn88 wrote:

Just wait pal, he hasn't even started this time around.
He seems to have this impression that his opinion (and lack of spending money) has somehow shaped the gaming industry.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
With a little martyr complex thrown in for flavor.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
Yeah we know the name and it still rings out as...
Spoiler

What a joke.

I assume you're referring to the unusual thread title? I think that the explanation of that title was in the first sentence of the opening post.

"
That's for those who are too "sensitive".

Perhaps the first sentence should be enhanced to say, "That's for those who are too "sensitive" or don't know me and are bothered by what you read here, in which case you should never click on a thread that I author ever again."?

edit: just to let Kopogero know, if you so choose, you can title all of your threads with this exact same title. It is an approach allowed by this forum software.

I forget what this thread is about. I think we need more discussion on the unusual thread name.

Was my assumption correct that the first sentence of the opening post was referring to the unusual thread name? I really like the idea that all future threads created by Kopogero use this exact thread title. Actually maybe we just all decide to use this exact thread title for all of our threads! Then people would HAVE to read the author's name then try to remember what that thread was about by that author. That would probably lead to everyone just stopping using threads altogether. We just post random thoughts and the only past context would be quoted posts so it would it be limited to three.

I just thought of a how this brave new world could be used to reduce the sting of being put on probation. The moderators would not bother telling people when they are being put on probation. It just makes people feel bad. Instead they change the software so that it leaves no clue that you're on probation except your post doesn't actually get submitted. Instead it is just sent off into the ether and disappears. With all threads having the exact same title the person put on probation would never notice that their post was not actually posted!

Now maybe I haven't thought this whole idea through very well? If you have thought of any problems about this suggestion or would like to respond in anyway please post them in a separate thread using this exact thread title. "Read my name of this thread (before you click on it)." Thank you.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Aug 25, 2020, 11:06:24 AM
"
Kopogero wrote:
It's in human nature to think that we know something that through time proves we haven't known it as much as we thought.

OMG SO TRUE! Why can't everyone else but me see how little they actually know? It's so frustrating and I'm glad I've finally found someone else who has risen above this mistake of our base nature.
"
Turtledove wrote:

I forget what this thread is about. I think we need more discussion on the unusual thread name.

Was my assumption correct that the first sentence of the opening post was referring to the unusual thread name? I really like the idea that all future threads created by Kopogero use this exact thread title. Actually maybe we just all decide to use this exact thread title for all of our threads! Then people would HAVE to read the author's name then try to remember what that thread was about by that author. That would probably lead to everyone just stopping using threads altogether. We just post random thoughts and the only past context would be quoted posts so it would it be limited to three.

I just thought of a how this brave new world could be used to reduce the sting of being put on probation. The moderators would not bother telling people when they are being put on probation. It just makes people feel bad. Instead they change the software so that it leaves no clue that you're on probation except your post doesn't actually get submitted. Instead it is just sent off into the ether and disappears. With all threads having the exact same title the person put on probation would never notice that their post was not actually posted!

Now maybe I haven't thought this whole idea through very well? If you have thought of any problems about this suggestion or would like to respond in anyway please post them in a separate thread using this exact thread title. "Read my name of this thread (before you click on it)." Thank you.

As mentioned above, I forgot what this thread was about. So, I thought I'd do my due diligence and reread the opening post. After 4 or 5 paragraphs I still didn't know what it was about and gave up reading anymore. So let's discuss the unusual thread title some more.

"

If everyone is going to use this thread title for all new threads in the future then we should all agree on a good title to use. It says "read my name of this thread (before you click on it)". I think what the author really meant was something closer to "read the author's name on this thread before you click on the thread". Perhaps this is not a good general thread title for everyone to use? If that is the title everyone else wants to use then fine, I'll go along with it. Although I would like to propose an alternative thread title. Let's use the title suggested by the forum software!

"
Value is required and can't be empty

I think that is a better title. It is the title suggested by the forum software so it must be good. Please let people know your vote by creating a new thread and use the title you prefer for the thread title.

"
Value is required and can't be empty

or
"

to let everyone one know which title you think everyone should use in the future. If you'd rather we all use a third different title than these two then please post a new thread with that title.

Thank you,
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info