Read my name of this thread (before you click on it).

so now you have 2 accounts to post the same things.

okay I guess..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
@Turtledove, no

What many have overlooked is the fact that Path of Exile has been available to over half a million players for over seven years now and each year that passed by through experience as well as the information available more and more became "veteran", as in were catching up to those who were truly the best not just at this game, but general in gaming. They were catching up not because they were getting closer to their skill/exp cap, but because the game didn't maintain that same challenging and unknown aspect it had when it was released.

Path of Exile each year became more mainstream with more items (loot) as well as more powerful skills + items + game designs (like Betrayal crafting) that were introduced to the players, combined with third party programs like Path of Building as well as other helpful sites. Most had profiles with builds available and then streamers sharing all information for those views and revenue. The theme park that used to be challenging and unknown started to become outdated.

Today most have item filters and usually done through the help of third party sites, logout+script macros enabled, and most are familiar with things from resistances/defenses, the mapping system and how to sustain it. GGG didn't keep up the pace to maintain the opportunity for those who were the best in the early years to be able to do much more to maintain the gap or have the opportunity to separate from the rest.

This is why it's essential for Path of Exile to be difficult, to be challenging in every possible way, and without that, well this is the end result. Add the poorly done and far in between events for the nail in the coffin. Example, this upcoming eight days Gauntlet event that I spoke about earlier with over $14,000 USD and 2,000 (mostly best of PoE) participants.... Why would you distribute 50% of the prize for the top two (0.1%) unless you don't want your audience to feel some type of a rewarding experience? More that feel rewarded means more will want to support its organizers and this concept.

The overall prize and the way it's distributed it's poorly done with the competition one will be faced (as I said 2000 and mostly the best of PoE) and given the current state and age of the game, as well as the hours one is required to log for over a week. Most (and that's still generous to say) of the participants have not received monetary value out of playing/practicing/learning this game for years and they intend to keep that?

Sometimes the prize doesn't have to be big, but at least big enough so a bigger percentage of the participants feel they've received something, something that will give em some type of rewarding experience, being motivated to keep wanting to support this concept, and even those who won't win, many more will be closer to winning, which means more will feel determined to want to participate and support these type of events.

They could've easily rewarded the top 100 players with around $125 per (counting league creation expenses if GGG doesn't help with promoting, which they should), and as you can see it's not a lot, but still that means 5% of the participants (which is already a low %) instead of 0.1-0.5% will end up satisfied with a smile on their face.
Last edited by Kopogero on Aug 21, 2020, 5:18:02 PM
Oh. Welcome back. We missed you.
And once again it comes to "i should get paid to play this game".
The grammar from the OP's post was painful to read through. I'm ashamed to say I read it all. It was like watching a trainwreck. It is horrifying yet you can't look away.
This game still confuses me.
"
Cuberth wrote:
The grammar from the OP's post was painful to read through. I'm ashamed to say I read it all. It was like watching a trainwreck. It is horrifying yet you can't look away.

Quoting this because if I'd posted it I'd probably get in trouble. ^_^
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
Cuberth wrote:

Quoting this because if I'd posted it I'd probably get in trouble. ^_^

Definitely not probably lol
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Wow, talk about missing the mark on the community event.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Yeah we know the name and it still rings out as...

What a joke.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
Yeah we know the name and it still rings out as...
Spoiler

What a joke.

I assume you're referring to the unusual thread title? I think that the explanation of that title was in the first sentence of the opening post.

"
That's for those who are too "sensitive".

Perhaps the first sentence should be enhanced to say, "That's for those who are too "sensitive" or don't know me and are bothered by what you read here, in which case you should never click on a thread that I author ever again."?

edit: just to let Kopogero know, if you so choose, you can title all of your threads with this exact same title. It is an approach allowed by this forum software.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Aug 21, 2020, 7:49:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info