Share Your Path of Exile Memories With Us!

My favorite memory was when I first started on PoE in Abyss and got my first abyssal depths. It was just a pillar - but it was during that encounter that I realized that PoE was going to be a totally different ride with the league structure. I was completely new to ARPGS like this> It made me realize that this may be a game that I had to put into the tier of franchises that I dedicate a lot of time OVER a long period of time to really understand and master.

I am still not there - by any stretch of the imagination - but it has been one hell of a ride since day 1. I would also say my favorite part of the game has been the community that comes back every expansion. There are toxic parts to every game - but there are still gems out there to be found in the player base.

Boring league. didnt bother playing long. same old problem. no in-game AH afk simulator for hours. league itself was boring. vulcan is a beta and since implementation performance of the game got worse. the only fun part was i was false banned for some days for making fun of blm movement. hope poe2 will be better in terms of performance and next league will be like not as boring as this one.
I remember when you tuned up The Docks because people would run them for easy loot.
I remember the Delve expansion, the last good League you delivered.
My top memory without a doubt would be the time I finally beat the Vaal Temple bosses.

Every attempt felt fair, but I kept getting my ass kicked. Failed over and over again.

Had to change strategies multiple times, then finally got it down.

Usually can do it deathless now, and in Blight I levelled from 93 to 95 just in that map. But the first attempts were a thrill.
Le Toucan Will Return
There was a time when me and my boyfriend wanted to try out a new game. He found 'this interesting game that he's testing out' on Steam and he will let me know if he likes it, so that we can play together. At the time, we were still in a long-distance relationship.

One day later when I talked to him again, he's STILL playing that game. (something like 12hours non-stop)

That's it. He had to show it to me via screensharing, and that's when he was doing Lab.

He started walking around, had some cool gorey-looking zombies following him and the overall vibe of the game was alluring. Moreover, he told me there is 'housing system' (hideouts players can decorate) and "fashions" (MTX for the casual PoE player). That's it, he lured me in with those two: decorating and MTX. I'm mad about decorating etc, and so I fell in love with the game.

So yeah, that's what I remember vividly every single time, and even though sometimes we take a break from the game (mostly due to me having a laptop that runs the game on 04 FPS), we always come back and play.
The first time i linked a Multiple Projectile with a skill was like "god this is pure genius", i think that was lightning strike. And when i finaly socketed it with multistrike i felt so powerfull. Obviously i died like 15sec after that cuz i shot an ele reflect monster offscreen. Old feels.
That's how i fell in love with PoE.
Now that i play since almost a decade i still never tried Templar, Trickster, Saboteur, Elementalist or Glad. There's too many content fss.
I've been playing since beta, went to exilecon, had dinner with the devs, and i can definitively say, the wormblaster saga is the best thing to ever happen in gaming, period.
I remember first time I had a fight with piety
Act 3 - final boss
Lot of deaths in a row
There was no poe.trade or things like that
I think there wasnt even chaos dmg yet, there wasnt scion to play with, of that im sure
I started this game from the very begining
And it kept me here this long
I really love the end game, but i miss the time when acts were a big deal too
i know u guys cant make acts too long etc cuz it would kept ppl from making more builds to play with

but if i may:
what about making so the extra chars from a league dont have to make the side quests again? ( they would get the side quests rewards just by completing the main quests)
like 10% quests = main = helpful lvling rewards
90% quests = side quests = top/skills rewards = dont have to complete multiple times

then, u guys could invest heavly in cool and hard side quests that ppl wouldnt avoid the first time cuz they will need the skills and stuff and wouldnt have to complete multiple times again for extra chars

so the first char in a league will take much more time to get to end game but with a much more apealling gameplay
while de extras chars would be much faster to get to end game (and thats ok in every case)

My first character ever (3.0.0!) was a Lightning Strike Duelist that I made from scratch. I had no idea there was even a way to screw up a character so utterly that you couldn't continue, but I did it. I died over 100 times before Act 10, and I played through the whole campaign with a friend. It was wonderful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info