[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

"
Hey,

1st of all thanks for the build and as a new player I didn't find the mechanics too hard at all and the the gameplay is super fun.

I had a blast farming through the content on the non-crit version on a very low budget.

Eventually I got really lucky and found a 27 ex amulet from a ritual, that along with what I had saved up I decided to switch to the crit version, which was fund as it was my first time crafting and not just buying the parts.

After dropping 30ex I would really appreciate a quick review on my PoB to just now what to improve.

After changing the tree and crafting/buying all the gear the build suddenly feels a bit more clunky, squishy and not as 1-shot everything anymore.

Things I'm struggling is:

1. DOTS, I don't know the mechanics of a lot of things so I tend to die to a lot of random dots that I have to screenshot to know what they are.

2. I feel a lot squishier than in the non-crit build, I have 4.2k HP. If I readjust 5skill points I can go up to 5k but I feel like any nodes I remove really kill my damage.

3. Slow warcry animation and attack, I'm not sure if I can do much but I take a lot of damage sometimes when I seismic cry and tectonic slam standing still for too long.

4. I'm executing the full damage combo correctly but even then on T13 metamorphs and bosses take 3-4 hits. Metamorphs are super rippy for me since I can't get in range to use intimidating cry. They are the main reason I can't level up, I keep dying to them.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/JaYSRJTs

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1.about DOT:
bleed: get a corrupted blood immune gem, then you don't need to worry about bleed anymore
poison: if you have enough chaos res,then you don't need to worry about it either
ignite: once your chaos res is good(above 30%), you can use panthoen to handle ignite

2. Crit build requires certain character level, and you converted too soon, especially without good gear. I suggest you to get life to 5k first, also get the crown of inward yey.
you also need freeze immune on your flasks. Your cinderswallow does not have the correct mod.

3. You should use the anamoly warcry, it will give you much faster warcry speed. Your slam should not take more than 0.8 seconds.

4. Metamorth usually requires some additional hits and it's completely normal. When facing metamorph, you should not get close to it. You should dash away after every hit./
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
Hey,

Is there any reason we are not using an Overlord - Devastator Large Cluster instead of one of the Brutal Infamy Jewels? With Overlord, we could remove the fortify gem from our six link and put in another more multiplier in its place and still have fortify after every swing. Overlord also has a 30% increase which just falls short of the 40% against uniques that Brutal Infamy would give us.

Not sure what gem would replace fortify yet. POBing it now.

End-game build obviously.

Thanks!

Trying Conc effect, Ruthless, and maaaybe Ele focus. But we lose ignite so idk...

Also looking at energy leech. Seems like a solid bossing choice for sure...
Last edited by thejoker1990 on Feb 23, 2021, 10:57:48 PM
"
JennoJoyce wrote:

Your gears are generally right, there are several minor suggestions:
1. your CWDT setup level isn't right
2. your flask aren't right. get a corrupted blood immune abyss jewel so you don't need to worry about bleed. Rumi's concoction and lion's roar should not be used together because they offer the same armour buff. Get a basalt flask so your phys reduction can be capped.

Probably a stupid question, but my friend Google could not find an answer: why a corrupted blood abyss jewel? Do they stop regular bleeding as well? (I have a regular corrupted blood jewel in my tree).

Repairing the others. Thanks!
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Feb 24, 2021, 12:53:20 AM
"
Flapdrol wrote:

Probably a stupid question, but my friend Google could not find an answer: why a corrupted blood abyss jewel? Do they stop regular bleeding as well? (I have a regular corrupted blood jewel in my tree).

Corrupted blood is aweful, especially when fighting Sirus. Other mobs and bosses can inflict corrupted blood too, and when it is stacked muliple times you'll die fast.
Last edited by Windos2099 on Feb 24, 2021, 1:35:46 AM
"
Windos2099 wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:

Corrupted blood is aweful, especially when fighting Sirus. Other mobs and bosses can inflict corrupted blood too, and when it is stacked muliple times you'll die fast.

I know that corrupted blood is awful. My question is:

I have a corrupted blood REGULAR jewel, but OP is telling met to get a corrupted blood ABYSS jewel, so I can get rid of my bleeding flask.

With my regular jewel, I have no corrupted blood, but I still bleed normally (I think), especially in vulnerability maps. is it the case that with an abyss jewel you no longer bleed normally?
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
Flapdrol wrote:

I have a corrupted blood REGULAR jewel, but OP is telling met to get a corrupted blood ABYSS jewel, so I can get rid of my bleeding flask.

With my regular jewel, I have no corrupted blood, but I still bleed normally (I think), especially in vulnerability maps. is it the case that with an abyss jewel you no longer bleed normally?

No. Check https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bleed#Removal_and_immunity

I had no idea about Physical weapons before this, i was a CoCBoI. Semi Happy with the outcome. I'll be crafting an all T1 +2 Endurance charge Staff soon. This was just the test run.

Im EAGERLY awaiting for your absolute min maxed version of the build.
Hey all, got this pair of boots for 5ex.

Is it worth it to get rid of the ms/onslaught mod for more resistances(especially chaos res)? Is it better to go for dexterity so that i can run higher levels of phase run? Is it better to craft more movespeed? Or leave it as it is?

Also, my flasks are:

Is it better to go for cinderswallow first or bottled faith first?

Thank you for answering our questions, really appreciate this :)
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
Windos2099 wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:

Ah, as long as you have "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" on any one of your gear, you are good.

The reason I suggested getting the mod on abyss jewel is because it's hard to find triple crit multi +life on normal jewel already, let alone getting a corrupted blood mod on top of it. But if you search abyss jewel with that mod + 20 life, there are plenty of them, therefore easier to acquire.

About bleed: there are two types of bleed:
1. Corrupted blood: it will stack, usually this is what kills you
2. Normal bleed: this is not dangerous because of our life regen + end charges+ leech

Therefore, after getting a corrupted blood jewel, you will be immune to 1, and can still bleed, but it won't harm you much. Also, you can always use enduring cry to recover HP quickly
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Feb 24, 2021, 8:15:32 AM
"
thejoker1990 wrote:
Hey,

Is there any reason we are not using an Overlord - Devastator Large Cluster instead of one of the Brutal Infamy Jewels? With Overlord, we could remove the fortify gem from our six link and put in another more multiplier in its place and still have fortify after every swing. Overlord also has a 30% increase which just falls short of the 40% against uniques that Brutal Infamy would give us.

Not sure what gem would replace fortify yet. POBing it now.

End-game build obviously.

Thanks!

Trying Conc effect, Ruthless, and maaaybe Ele focus. But we lose ignite so idk...

Also looking at energy leech. Seems like a solid bossing choice for sure...

Someone has suggested earlier, and what I found is: seems like fortify still gives you the best damage boost. We are relying on ignite and AOE, so we can't use elefocus or concentrated effect

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info