[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

"
Windos2099 wrote:
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
Finished crafting instructions for early end-game gears. Feel free to make any suggestions.

https://pastebin.com/1cKYE2xE

But would really appreciate it if someone can tell me what am I doing wrong here, damage seems not reasonable to me TAT. The only missing part is the cluster jewels and the crafted prefix but I don't think it will boost my damage that much ("Hits cannot be evaded" swapping with the accuracy prefix will give me no damage boost, according to pob).

https://pastebin.com/zeFxe9Ns

And also, I found out that Malachai's Artifact is even better than the crafted opal rings in the end game set, and the only thing you need to do is CWTD Assasin's Mark / Flammability, and swap out the Increased Duration (The curse will have higher level than on the rings, my CWTD is at lvl 16). This single change will make hit damage ~20% higher according to pob, depending on CWDT level. The downside will be the loss of life and resistances - but if your items are real, your res are still capped, it just makes the resistances unbalanced...

Not sure you have the correct tree. You only have one cluster jewel setup. And if you use my POB, you will see the cluster setup makes a huge difference.

If you want to know where the damages are missing, go to calculation page and compare your itemized damage with mine.

Malachai's artifice won't work with the build, what gem would you put in there?

CWDT curse isn't stable source of curse because it only casts the curse when you are hit by a certain amount.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Feb 23, 2021, 8:55:04 AM
"
JennoJoyce wrote:

Not sure you have the correct tree. You only have one cluster jewel setup. And if you use my POB, you will see the cluster setup makes a huge difference.

If you want to know where the damages are missing, go to calculation page and compare your itemized damage with mine.

Malachai's artifice won't work with the build, what gem would you put in there?

CWDT curse isn't stable source of curse because it only casts the curse when you are hit by a certain amount.

Thanks for your time!
1. What confuses me is that your setup still get like 190M hit dmg without the cluster jewel, which 2x my actual damage (that sounds enough to me...). Maybe it's just all the smaller deficiencies like jewels and helment making the differences?

2. Malachai's Artifice + Vortex(Ice) works well for me, since vortex has no action time and you can cast it in the middle of slamming (I have no skitterbots and so maybe storm brand works too, AOE applying shocks). We hit every 1.2 seconds, so applying EE from this single spell is as effective (and tectonic won't change EE to fire since only Vortex sets EE state to ice). In pob there's another setting in the config, near boss setting: "Enemy was hit by Cold damage recently".

3. For bossing CWDT-AM's enough... And because CWDT making AM becoming single targeted, it's possibly not optimal for mapping, though I have no idea if lossing the Mark will cause you to not killing the mobs since your damage is beyond my vision (But keep in mind that EE is applied in an aoe near the character, which cause the mobs to take higher damage).
Last edited by Windos2099 on Feb 23, 2021, 10:16:24 AM
I can generally slaughter the 10 bosses, have little trouble with the invitations for 4 Elder or Shaper Guardians, but I have *real* trouble with the Hidden: Invitation (the 4 Breachlords), who seem to be *much* harder than their regular Breachstone counterparts.

I can't seem to kill them fast enough to prevent all four from ganging up on me.

My gear should be generally OK (still improving bit by bit), and I'm using a standard tree with all the clusters. I'm using slightly different gems:
- Vaal Molten Shell instead of Phase Run, since my dex is to low even for Phase run level 1
- Divergent Pulverise for 10% less attack speed, but a massive 20% more damage
but this can't be the difference.

Any suggestions? Is it just poor play and everybody else is smashing hem to bits? Or are they genuinely hard?

Great build BTW: the only thing wrong with it is that it is too popular, making gear a lot more expensive :(
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Feb 23, 2021, 10:49:27 AM
"
Windos2099 wrote:
"
Uriacesjaces wrote:

"
Uriacesjaces wrote:

really? Iam intrigued now.

Yes it works realy well. For example if i use Concecreted path, i have 90M max hit ( same as tectonic slam for me ), with EQ 45M first hit and 104M for the aftersock... . You can realy use all of those skills, i don't know if the gem setup is super optimised for all of those, but it just works like that haha

How did you check the second wave dmg? I'm confused, I got 60% reduced dmg according to pob if I switch to eq.

When you use EQ you have a litle scrolling folder : Initial Impact and Aftershock.
Loving the build and the guide so far, this is my third char so I have a decent bank (40 ex) set up. I started doing the 2ex equip to get a feel for the build, and I am looking to start crafting my staff. My main question is about the dps vs. weapon damage. My limited knowledge of slam is that I would want a slower,bigger weapon (ie higher Top End) instead of a higher dps staff with a lower top end. Am I correct in this assumption?

Here's the two staves I was comparing on trade as an example. I just want to learn the in's and out's of this build a little more.

OK I can't figure out how to link an item off of pathofexile/trade, so I'll link a screen grab from imgur.

https://imgur.com/a/NgtscQ3

Ballpark estimate on how much a fractured staff will cost to craft? I have the t1%phys magic base 6link 30% quality already. Just need to fracture then mod. Seems cheaper to do the 1/5 mod compared to the cost of the 1/3 prefix
Hey,

1st of all thanks for the build and as a new player I didn't find the mechanics too hard at all and the the gameplay is super fun.

I had a blast farming through the content on the non-crit version on a very low budget.

Eventually I got really lucky and found a 27 ex amulet from a ritual, that along with what I had saved up I decided to switch to the crit version, which was fund as it was my first time crafting and not just buying the parts.

After dropping 30ex I would really appreciate a quick review on my PoB to just now what to improve.

After changing the tree and crafting/buying all the gear the build suddenly feels a bit more clunky, squishy and not as 1-shot everything anymore.

Things I'm struggling is:

1. DOTS, I don't know the mechanics of a lot of things so I tend to die to a lot of random dots that I have to screenshot to know what they are.

2. I feel a lot squishier than in the non-crit build, I have 4.2k HP. If I readjust 5skill points I can go up to 5k but I feel like any nodes I remove really kill my damage.

3. Slow warcry animation and attack, I'm not sure if I can do much but I take a lot of damage sometimes when I seismic cry and tectonic slam standing still for too long.

4. I'm executing the full damage combo correctly but even then on T13 metamorphs and bosses take 3-4 hits. Metamorphs are super rippy for me since I can't get in range to use intimidating cry. They are the main reason I can't level up, I keep dying to them.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/JaYSRJTs

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

"
Flapdrol wrote:
I can generally slaughter the 10 bosses, have little trouble with the invitations for 4 Elder or Shaper Guardians, but I have *real* trouble with the Hidden: Invitation (the 4 Breachlords), who seem to be *much* harder than their regular Breachstone counterparts.

I can't seem to kill them fast enough to prevent all four from ganging up on me.

My gear should be generally OK (still improving bit by bit), and I'm using a standard tree with all the clusters. I'm using slightly different gems:
- Vaal Molten Shell instead of Phase Run, since my dex is to low even for Phase run level 1
- Divergent Pulverise for 10% less attack speed, but a massive 20% more damage
but this can't be the difference.

Any suggestions? Is it just poor play and everybody else is smashing hem to bits? Or are they genuinely hard?

Great build BTW: the only thing wrong with it is that it is too popular, making gear a lot more expensive :(

I haven't noticed much difficulty doing the 4 breachlord invitation, probably I only did it once and it was pretty smooth.

Your gears are generally right, there are several minor suggestions:
1. your CWDT setup level isn't right
2. your flask aren't right. get a corrupted blood immune abyss jewel so you don't need to worry about bleed. Rumi's concoction and lion's roar should not be used together because they offer the same armour buff. Get a basalt flask so your phys reduction can be capped.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
"
Beestmode24 wrote:
Loving the build and the guide so far, this is my third char so I have a decent bank (40 ex) set up. I started doing the 2ex equip to get a feel for the build, and I am looking to start crafting my staff. My main question is about the dps vs. weapon damage. My limited knowledge of slam is that I would want a slower,bigger weapon (ie higher Top End) instead of a higher dps staff with a lower top end. Am I correct in this assumption?

Here's the two staves I was comparing on trade as an example. I just want to learn the in's and out's of this build a little more.

OK I can't figure out how to link an item off of pathofexile/trade, so I'll link a screen grab from imgur.

https://imgur.com/a/NgtscQ3

In Q&A, we explained that only physical damage matters to our final damage, not dps.

However, attack speed is still important. Check more detail in the "is attack speed important" under Q&A
"
DrRats wrote:
Ballpark estimate on how much a fractured staff will cost to craft? I have the t1%phys magic base 6link 30% quality already. Just need to fracture then mod. Seems cheaper to do the 1/5 mod compared to the cost of the 1/3 prefix

I think 1/3 prefix is better if considering the beast price. and you get 1/3 chance of fracturing the %phys mod.

the average fracturing cost should be 3 times of single fracturing test + beast cost

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info