Harvest Statistics: Crafts, Lifeforce and the Avatar of the Grove

over 90% of myself wants to quit PoE if Harvest goes core. That's the statistic that matters to me.

Numbers are fun though
Interesting info GGG. In the beginning I had mixed feelings about Harvest League and the the whole garden mechanic. But after I got my garden built efficiently and had all the tools working together, I began to really experience the enjoyment of this league. I have never been a "crafter" per se, but this league...Dang! I have made some sick usable gear all with the combo of my bench and seed crafting mods. GGG don't listen to the haters, they are just jealous because people aren't buying their over priced GG gear and many of their past customers are learning how to craft their own. This game has always been the "rich get richer" and this league has balanced this out considerably, you have enabled the players who make 10-30ex a league to have a very enjoyable experience with minimal currency.

My only suggestion if you do decide to make Seed Crafting core, please allow seed drops to be shared if in party play. A small increase in quantity, but distributed to each member in the party. Sadly in our guild, we did a lot more solo play then partying up as we usually do.

Thanks GGG and keep up the good work!
Some of the numbers here are so messed up... And theyre part of the "challenges". Challenge? More like RNGfest and/or buybuybuy.

A set of 14 shaped scarabs are ~12ex(and increasing lol, glad I bought mine at 10ex which is almost all I had). Oh you want to upgrade them? Gl.
Harvest is the most entertaining league I've played to date. This is also the most I have ever engaged with a league mechanic. I have 235 hours of play time in the league and I have still not completed my atlas, delved to around 250, defeated a few a6 Sirus, and farmed a ton of T1 seeds. I still havent grown a full patch of t2/3/4 seeds and havent been able to craft a horticraft station yet. Only 1 of my characters is at a point where I feel his gear is complete and even then there is room for another 20-30% damage if I min max. I personally feel like I am an average player in terms of mechanics and knowledge and I play about 4 hours a day.

The seeds have added an amazing way for a less efficient or less knowledgable player to gain good currency growth. Every map run is essentially worth several chaos without adding anything to it like sextants or fragments. I enjoy that the content allows interaction at your own pace rather than a forced change in play speed like harbinger or synthesis. I've enjoyed the ability to decide on what I want out of an item and then being able to make it. I think it still takes a fair amount of knowledge and skill to get the most out of harvest crafting for a non-meta build. Essentially because everything is on the table you know have to plan for what you want rather than play with what you get.

I have always felt like crafting in previous leagues has relied too much on rng. You can still do something similar by alt spamming to your desired 1/2 mods, regaling and so on. But you are stuck waiting for the moment you hit what you want and the base is unusable in the mean time. I think the feeling of seeing progressive changes to your gear with each step creates a much more connected feeling with your character and takes the focus away from the lottery of chaos/alt spamming. It feels great to me to look at my character and know that I made every decision about the gear I am wearing. I especially enjoyed searching for the right bases now that i could create my items. In previous leagues influenced items would pile up in my stash with me thinking maybe this or that would be good. But now I felt like I was on the hunt for a shaped vaal regalia. I only needed to find one to get going, rather than getting an okay item and looking for a second base to spam on. Lastly I really enjoyed not having to make the decisions between two pieces of gear like, a belt with high life and low res or a belt with high res and low life, instead I could use either and improve the shortcomings.

TLDR: I like harvest crafting and visible incremental gear progression on a single set of gear. Also I am mediocre/bad at POE.
So I got 6-link and 6-socket craft, but not even once "Remove a random Caster modifier..."? Nice :D

BTW, change in how Body Armour quality works is not so popular or is it just me?
I'd love to see a breakdown of what seeds can drop what grains, as I have yet to even see any tier 4 seeds or the Wild Chieftain Grain. Normally, RNG dislikes me, but it's now getting to a ridiculous level (for reference, the character I started with is lvl 87).

It's an interesting crafting mechanic, but I feel it would be more interesting if you had to maybe combine seeds or grow them next to each other or something similar. Just give a tangible way to move forward instead of blind luck.
"
Hirux wrote:
"
Nenomitrosis wrote:
I love little comments in the post like "That's a lot of Lifeforce!". Still very interesting, hoping GGG tries to add more deterministic crafts, and weird crafts into the game

More? I hope they remove some OP crafts. Cuz right now it's way to easy... Even noobs can craft god tier items which shouldnt be a thing

Yep noobs like me who play since the beta and around 150-200Hours each league because i can't more, still never (or almost) reach any bosses on new leagues.

So yep, it feels really too easy and needed to remove those "super Awakened, Exalted, White socket, Beachhead, 6link" seeds and so on, Crafts i still didn't saw the color ^^'.

If game seems/feels broken/too easy in any way, its only for the top 500 players who dare to spit on the average 95% of "noobs" we are....
Last edited by Bakudan on Aug 5, 2020, 2:20:37 AM
Not a big surprise, however, two are straight strange with my personal experience.

"
Scarab Manipulation
Spoiler
Attempt to upgrade a Scarab, with a chance for it to become Winged 148,382 48.19%
Change a Scarab to another Scarab of the same rarity 102,346 33.24%
Split a Scarab into two Scarabs of lower rarity 57,196 18.57%

That is, for all the players half of the crafts were upgrade, while I got 8 upgrade from 100 seeds.

"
Zana Modifiers
Spoiler
Sacrifice a Map. Add a free Infused Harbinger craft to your Map device 208,087 12.65%
Sacrifice a Map. Add a free Infused Nemesis craft to your Map device 207,405 12.60%
Sacrifice a Map. Add a free craft to your Map device 199,183 12.10%
Sacrifice a Map. Add a free Infused Domination craft to your Map device 189,404 11.51%
Sacrifice a Map. Add a free Infused Ambush craft to your Map device 186,703 11.35%
Sacrifice a Map. Add a free Infused Bloodlines craft to your Map device 186,442 11.33%
Sacrifice a Map. Add a free Infused Anarchy craft to your Map device 185,767 11.29%
Sacrifice a Map. Add a free Infused Perandus craft to your Map device 184,085 11.19%
Sacrifice a Map. Add a free Infused Rampage craft to your Map device 98,408 5.98%

It seems to be a quite even distribution based on these statistics, meawhile, I clearly remember getting 12 (useless) infused perandus of the first 20 needed for the challenge.

"
As you can see, just shy of 90% of encounters that were started were successfully completed; a fairly high success rate for a new boss. There's no question that this boss was considered to be on the easier side among endgame bosses, and the statistics seem to agree with that sentiment.

Yes, for once, the boss was visible, most of her attacks were clearly avoidable. To extend this, T4 bosses, the yellow one especially was much harder to be handed when it went invisible / invulnerable.
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.
Having not really engaged with the league this again seems pretty cool.
It really seems the crafting itself is absolutely beloved by anyone who uses it, only the garden required for the crafting gets mixed results

Take note of this, GGG. Deterministic crafting REALLY needs to stay in the game
lets not do such league again , thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info