Harvest Statistics: Crafts, Lifeforce and the Avatar of the Grove

a really good league for players that got alot of playtime.
I am one of the 10% who didnt kill this new *easy* Kappa boss
I feel like I am enjoying crafting from The Grove a lot more than the crafting bench.

Some form or function of the Grove needs to make it to standard.

And it needs to allow more flexibility.

Perhaps a creative way of doing this would to do something about it in reverse for standard.

Allow someone to first pick what modifier they wish to target in the Grove so they get exactly what they want, and based off of that, they will be told what maps to farm, or acts in the case of very low level items they need to farm. Mix in a percentage chance depending on the crafting option and level, of the seeds being present in that map.

Once enough seeds are collected, enough for an entire crop, then you have to go through this in order to grow them, but increase the growth speed given the increased rarity.

And then clearing crafting of a certain level we'll have a percentage of chance to drop bulbs that are the boss fights. Collect a whole crop of a certain boss, and then you can engage in the boss fight. It will also create a market for boss bulbs.

something like this would be more fun for early players as well as they could easily select a 6 link or 6 socket for very early game weapons, thus making it more fun for early players and mitigating a lot of cost, but at the same time preserving end game crafting, as once you get to maps, collecting the bulbs necessary should be harder and longer to do.

I mean other than obnoxious purists, are people really going to have a major fit if there is suddenly a rash of 6-l quill rain and silver Branch bows, or the market gets flooded with a ton of Queen's decree 6-l swords?

It will help people grinding get into the endgame, and make it a little bit more new player friendly. And the still retain the challenge of endgame once you get to the maps.

I think a system like that could work really well for bringing the Grove to standard.
Last edited by ZionHalcyon on Aug 4, 2020, 6:33:54 PM
If someone could explain how to use "Sacrifice Weapon or Armour to create Jewel or Jewellery", that would be great.
These stats are fun, but not too useful, as they don't consider the likelihood of getting each craft. The stats make it seem like augmenting items isn't popular, instead of it being "give me moar!" rarity :)

I've been having tons of fun with this crafting and would love to see Harvest go core. Failing that, some kind of similar deterministic crafting system.

I enjoy the act of actually planting and harvesting the seeds. I do think we should fight some monsters to get the seeds, instead of just finding them.

I firmly believe that the Avatar of the Grove encounter should be more rewarding, however.
Why fight progress?
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
What about the stats for people who find harvest an annoying, tedious time suck?
Saved
please let harvest go core in some way, I don't wanna go back to the rng fest it was before
I like this kind of posts.
Stats are always fun!
Thanks GGG!
(Pls let Harvest go core, cheers)
Last edited by uzoff95 on Aug 4, 2020, 7:49:07 PM
What a delightful bowl of cherries! Picked them yourself, did you?
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info