[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

Wonder would Skin of the Lords good for this build? let say i play more survivability like taking up phase acrobatics?
"
Kloroad wrote:
I don´t feel confident to try the build since i read that part about the time '' we need to recast BV precisely X seconds after the last cast, where 4.00 < X < 4.25 .''

I know you talked about the lutbot but still...i really want to give it a try, but it seems so complicated thanks to that x)...

I won't deny that this build is harder to execute than most other builds. You'll make mistakes for sure when starting out, but after playing with the timer for 10-20 hrs you get real comfortable with it and make way fewer mistakes.
"
MadCowG wrote:
Wonder would Skin of the Lords good for this build? let say i play more survivability like taking up phase acrobatics?

Its an interesting idea, but I don't see it being very good when chest lacks both life and mana.

If you want to make this build tankier, its better to invest in block instead, with Rumi's and possibly with Glancing blows. You can also get Fortify, either from Vigilant Strike, or from Hardened Scars. Check out HecklerCope's version which he piloted to 1700 depth last league.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Oct 3, 2020, 11:41:06 PM

Thanks for reply. Yeah I wonder too as it drop the 10% damage taken from mana, regen...

100% increased Global Defences

But with this mod it would be with decent ES (Doubled my ES)? hmm... tats why I wonder how effective is even with 30% dodge...

"
Le_gentlemann wrote:
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
Le_gentlemann wrote:
Does this build is better then a assasin BV ?

What are the pros and cons for each other ?

I want reroll for a BV becaues its seems so OP but idk which build BV

This build's primary selling point is the ridiculous amount of ehp that this build gets, while still doing very high dmg. Assassin BV builds can range from very squishy to moderately tanky, so this build almost certainly beats out assassin in that respect.

I believe assassin has better clear with explodey mechanics, but will probably have less single target than this build. If you can link a specific assassin BV guide or PoB I can make more concrete comparisons.

First Thanks for your answer ! :)
Second sorry for my bad english this is not my first language

1.I dont really know myself which BV Poison is better but the one who i think can be the most OP is http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2739393/page/1 (This build guide and his POB his not very well built but okai and seems very nice )

2. Or a close version of the forum one but by MBxtreme https://pastebin.com/2t165Uex

So thats probably the 2 choice i will go if i go poison . I am ready for your more concrete comparison :)

UP
"
Le_gentlemann wrote:
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
Le_gentlemann wrote:
Does this build is better then a assasin BV ?

What are the pros and cons for each other ?

I want reroll for a BV becaues its seems so OP but idk which build BV

This build's primary selling point is the ridiculous amount of ehp that this build gets, while still doing very high dmg. Assassin BV builds can range from very squishy to moderately tanky, so this build almost certainly beats out assassin in that respect.

I believe assassin has better clear with explodey mechanics, but will probably have less single target than this build. If you can link a specific assassin BV guide or PoB I can make more concrete comparisons.

First Thanks for your answer ! :)
Second sorry for my bad english this is not my first language

1.I dont really know myself which BV Poison is better but the one who i think can be the most OP is http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2739393/page/1 (This build guide and his POB his not very well built but okai and seems very nice )

2. Or a close version of the forum one but by MBxtreme https://pastebin.com/2t165Uex

So thats probably the 2 choice i will go if i go poison . I am ready for your more concrete comparison :)

Tankiness
Assassin: 6-7k lifepool with close to max dodge, 78 maxres
Hiero: 15-20k lifepool with a small chunk of block.
Hiero is definitely ahead here. Dodge is good but you can die to one-shots. The hiero simply does not die when geared, even to big boss slams.

Clear
Assassin: 23 radius BV with poison prolif and Plague Bearer, but with poison ramp up time.
Hiero: 32 radius BV
Assassin probably wins this one slightly, but not by a lot.

Single Target
Assassin can get upto very high dps with some poison ramp time. Hiero does full dps from the start and with Vaal RF, will be quicker at killing bosses.

Difficulty
This build is hard to play, you have to pay attention to the timer. Assassin doesnt have that issue.

Last edited by RudyBaby on Oct 4, 2020, 12:09:19 AM
Big thx for all you answer :)

Will probably try your build soon . With all your answer i think the 2 only downside on this build is 1.more expensive 2.more hard to play but other then that your build is better :)

(EXtra bonus for your build i never played HIEROPHANT haha)

"
MadCowG wrote:

100% increased Global Defences

But with this mod it would be with decent ES (Doubled my ES)? hmm... tats why I wonder how effective is even with 30% dodge...

100% increased ES from the chest DOES NOT double your ES. All the ES you have in this build is from converting life and mana to ES. And this life/mana to ES conversion mechanic is widely misunderstood by most people.

The way conversion works (lets say from mana), it converts base flat mana (before % increases to mana from tree/gear) to base flat ES, then applies both increased mana modifiers and increased ES modifiers together additively (very similar to how damage conversion from say phys to fire works).

Since this build already has like 500% increased mana, all you're doing is making that number go from 500% inc to 600% inc ES, which is a relatively small increase.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Oct 4, 2020, 12:29:34 AM
Any alternate quality gems that can help the build ?
Theres some alt quality gems that are just small marginal benefits. No need to worry about it when starting out, you can always switch normal for alt quality ones later.

I plan to make a guide section about alt quality gems in detail, later when I can find the time and energy to go through them.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Oct 4, 2020, 1:01:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info