Path of Exile Then and Now

Graphics have come such a long way. Comparing a1 then and a1 now especially.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
dachoppa wrote:
that ship character creation screen... do want it back

Yeah. With old self-introductions
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
we have went such a long way, glad to be part of the journey, great job. look forward to more great content in the future.
"
why are you posting old screenshots

You probably never put your feet in a museum, don't you ?
"
dachoppa wrote:
that ship character creation screen... do want it back

That title screen (especially the less glamorous, gory logo with blood all over it) and the atmospheric character selection screen with water pouring through from the deck during a storm while being shipped in chains to a new unknown land was the embodiment of the unique POE atmosphere. Over the years the game improved greatly with the graphics, but ultimately they threw the baby out with the bath water in regards to setting the overall atmosphere of the game. I also preferred the old voice overs, especially for the duelist...they were a bit better acting imho.

Same goes for the soundtrack. Kamil's music is polished and overall technically better in quality, but its a bit more generic and less atmospheric to my taste. That old original Lioneye's track was legendary...

Last edited by Аstyanax on Jul 27, 2020, 4:53:57 AM
Aww... How nice things looked without bloom ;)
We've already seen these numerous times lmao
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Cool! I like that kind of stuff. I would like to see a video from early PoE prototype :)
looks almost same. :D
What worries me most, while the graphics may have improved, the performance has declined.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info