Path of Exile Then and Now

Awesome. I have few ss from that closed beta in q1 2012 (2013?) somewhere on my hdd.
I'm kinda torn between how the gfx have evolved and the current art direction. I feel like both GI and PBR will bring a lot of realistic environmental effects but for me, that dark Gothic feel that the game initially had due to most of these systems being faked or simulated, added so much more in terms of artist intent. Don't get me wrong though, i do love the art direction of now, just loved how the more grittier, less shiny and less illuminated version felt a few years back.
Now the game is blinding with all the effects and horrible looking MTX, don't get me wrong this game could look great it just doesn't because of that, whenever I'm around other players it's like I'm back playing some generic Korean MMO from the 2000s and not a dark fantasy ARPG.
True c++ game Pog I liked old version so much. Newer is better i guess but that old look had some "spirit" in it.
"
Arkwright wrote:
Found this amongst some dead spiders on my hard drive. This was the whole game at the time...

Ahhhh.

The A1 coves.Just remember how much i disliked that zone with these tar zombies slowing you down ;)

Btw

What was the name of the old (and with 3.0 removed) Act 3 zone before the marketplace?
It had really cool music from what i remember.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jul 27, 2020, 10:21:56 AM
Awesome stuff, thx for sharing!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Progress. Sort of. Hope you guys are using this to try to remember what made the game fun. You've lost a lot of it in the complexity.
+1
and this requires really high end PCs to be usable. Still playing lowest settings possible and not happy with lags I have even though. I do not have a wooden PC though ...
I remember when merveil was the hardest thing to beat. my nooby witch and my friends ranger. good times
Realm: localhost... why did u nerf offline mode? :O
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
So awesome GGG!!! If my badge list means anything, I believe in you!!! Keep doing amazing work!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info