[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
It sounds like you're trying to put this together in SSF?

This info is covered in the guide and discussed pretty extensively in the thread. Well worth reading through it all a few times if in doubt. SSF you don't want to miss the basic mechanics required to set it up.

Yeah, you're right, it's just my reading comprehension isn't that good so figured I'd just shoot those questions away. Thanks for the tip and I'll go read the forum posts.

I'm pretty much done with assembling the gear, the only thing I don't have is the damn Leadership's Price. Also the glove slot is uncertain - I've got some shitty Nexus Gloves and some shaper bases lying around to be crafted, but not sure which mods should I get for those shaper gloves.
Last edited by klaymored on Nov 22, 2021, 4:25:50 AM
"
klaymored wrote:
Also the glove slot is uncertain - I've got some shitty Nexus Gloves and some shaper bases lying around to be crafted, but not sure which mods should I get for those shaper gloves.
If you already have most other slots filled the demands for the gloves will kind of write themselves.

If you're working with a Cane you'll already be on the higher block chance and Determination setup so won't need the boost of the blind setup. Shaped gloves very optional at that point (I'd personally consider them pretty essential on the dual wield setup, at least if playing it deep into endgame).

How's the mana drain looking with the items you have?

If you can hit the sweet spot of free Desecrate and 1 mana cost VD (divergent inspiration is a big boost and the priority target if you've a lens or two knocking around) you can drop the mana flask entirely and not require either the 5th skill refund mastery or Nexus gloves to accommodate.

If the VD cost is looking anything >5 yet probably worth prioritising the Nexus gloves for now. Otherwise you can just make up whatever dex/str/res/life/ES you need.

If the demands were low enough you could try farming for a decent pair of hands. Flammability/Ele Weakness on hit, min or max frenzy, spell crit chance, cast speed, life or ES all contribute nicely. I've been going this route personally, bricking everything wonderfully so far.
Anyone here good with PoB and/or not as blind as I am, who can solve the following problem for me:

My VD costs 1 mana, my desecrate 0. So for VD it's perfect like it is.

However when i swap in my Detonate Dead, both spells costs 0 mana due to DD having a lower base mana cost.

So I ideally want to have a setup where the total cost of mana between desecrate/vd/detonate is <2.

I don't mind switching between divergent inspirations/regular ones for bosses, but I would prefer not also having to respec just for bossing xD

I know this is a hard ask, i've been breaking my head over it.

Here's my PoB:

https://pastebin.com/8sD2p4wR
"
falagar112 wrote:
Anyone here good with PoB and/or not as blind as I am, who can solve the following problem for me:

However when i swap in my Detonate Dead, both spells costs 0 mana due to DD having a lower base mana cost.

So I ideally want to have a setup where the total cost of mana between desecrate/vd/detonate is <2.

I don't mind switching between divergent inspirations/regular ones for bosses, but I would prefer not also having to respec just for bossing xD

Here's my PoB:

Gahahaha this is like a high school math problem eh?

The only simple solve I have is: Use a level of Inspiration low enough to always have Desecrate at 1 (I think PoB can help you with this).

-OR-

I think it's safe now that I recommend the Enhance 4 + Phantasmal Desecrate tech to wealthier players - it definitely is a single-target boost on paper as well as in practice. This will also raise your Desecrate cost to high enough (mine is 1 I believe) no matter what you use.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Last edited by primaeva on Nov 22, 2021, 8:20:38 AM
"
primaeva wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:

Here's my PoB:

Gahahaha this is like a high school math problem eh?

The only simple solve I have is: Use a level of Inspiration low enough to always have Desecrate at 1 (I think PoB can help you with this).

-OR-

I think it's safe now that I recommend the Enhance 4 + Phantasmal Desecrate tech to wealthier players - it definitely is a single-target boost on paper as well as in practice. This will also raise your Desecrate cost to high enough (mine is 1 I believe) no matter what you use.

I am already using enhance/phantasmal desecrate :)

problem is I have a 7L helmet xD

edit:
also i made new boots. non-ailment effect is pretty damn strong with leadership price!

just have to divine it a bit and farm a new enchant

edit 2: non divergent inspiration lvl 19 fixed it, thanks for suggesting that!
Last edited by falagar112 on Nov 22, 2021, 8:31:20 AM
"
Hey, your gear is actually pretty impressive and all content should be melting. Would you mind showing a video of a situation where you feel the damage is lacking? It's very likely something silly missing because everything in the PoB checks out (Leadership active, frenzy + explode chest, you have the right mana flask, etc).

I figured out the problem it was actually lag spikes that I didn't notice that made me think there was something wrong with the damage but yeah it's pretty great so far but what should I focus on next in terms of improvement?
Last edited by iLeenDover on Nov 22, 2021, 10:01:58 AM
Defeat the Feared Simultaneously done (with Detonate Dead) :)
A few questions

1.Is it possible to use DD instead of VD? Semi-Frequent crashes is kinda jarring. I do have an explosion chest so the clear shouldnt be hurt that bad.

2.Would it be worth getting a rare staff with those mods on it until I can afford the cane? or should I stick to dual sceptres?

3.How are you fitting Determination/Discipline/Spider/skitterbots with the only efficiency being for discipline?
"
DarkLordOdeo wrote:
A few questions

1.Is it possible to use DD instead of VD? Semi-Frequent crashes is kinda jarring. I do have an explosion chest so the clear shouldnt be hurt that bad.

2.Would it be worth getting a rare staff with those mods on it until I can afford the cane? or should I stick to dual sceptres?

3.How are you fitting Determination/Discipline/Spider/skitterbots with the only efficiency being for discipline?

1. Sure you can, but i advice you to take a hypothermia/increased area/30% ele dmg helmet instead of conc effect then. And run herald of ash instead of spider.

2. stick to dual scepters, but imo you can get a half decent cane now for like 1ex

3. you take the sovereignity wheel
Anyone have any idea why my mana flask is broken?
It won't run over time as intended but instead instantly regain the mana so I have to keep using it all the time.

Also, how do I make so I can ditch the mana flask completely and not worry about it?

Thanks!

POB: https://pastebin.com/S5hqU0uT
Last edited by lillbrorsan on Nov 22, 2021, 1:11:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info