[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
AzureLeMoon wrote:
one other question i have is that even if my skills cost 0 mana , i will still get the crit chance and ele dmg from inspiration as long as i have inspiration charges right ?
Yeah, no problems there.

Once you spend mana on an inspiration linked skill and get the charges and they'll apply to all inspiration linked skills you have. Was pretty common to use movement skills or old EE triggers to generate charges for stuff with no direct costs.
Hello, I know it's not perfect and I'm still working on improving it but can you give me some advice on what to improve or how? Plus I feel I am lacking in DPS a bit but I'm not sure why, can you give some insight on this? Here's my pob https://pastebin.com/g6vUYC5Y
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
AzureLeMoon wrote:
one other question i have is that even if my skills cost 0 mana , i will still get the crit chance and ele dmg from inspiration as long as i have inspiration charges right ?
Yeah, no problems there.

Once you spend mana on an inspiration linked skill and get the charges and they'll apply to all inspiration linked skills you have. Was pretty common to use movement skills or old EE triggers to generate charges for stuff with no direct costs.

Not sure if you saw this - Thanks Tsu, you've been really nailing the replies and giving me some precious pockets time to play :))
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
lillbrorsan wrote:
As for the Annihilation notable; it gives 32% Increased Spell Damage and 38% Increased Crit for spells.
Yeah, drop that branch.

It looks good when you see VD had a 'spell' tag, but the damage comes in two parts. A non spell corpse explosion this does nothing for and the spell part, the balls, that this scales. The majority of our damage is the corpse explosions so we want to aim for scaling both parts of the damage (fire/ele scaling) or even just the explosions (corpse life) and seldom the spell part alone.

The other two sound great, sounds like a pretty nice seed on the Vanity. Be sure to compare the point efficiency of each versus what you might get from other nodes at various times, but at ~11% increased Fire per node on EI along with the ES and Res together with ~12% increased Fire per node on FW you shouldn't be too bad holding them. Can be hard to compare increased fire vs. more multipliers or crit chance/crit multi off the top of your head though, I certainly can't, so be sure to check in POB every now and then how they're doing (with a full config setup and all nodes correctly applied).

"
lillbrorsan wrote:
I have at least 3 points to spare when changing to a staff, question is where do I spend them? Should I try to go for the cluster jewel? Watchers eye?
The question there would be how does the build feel?

Watcher's Eye can free up boots and a belt affix making gearing much easier. Opens you up to options like Onslaught on kill and 30% MS which both feel great, along with going bossing setup with stuff like Prima's double damage on soul gain prevention for a Vaal Detonate Dead boss setup.

Various ways to improve sustain by pushing more block and dropping Glancing, pushing one shot protection scaling more life and mitigation or scaling more damage. No single 'right' option there and mostly comes down to your current gearing and even a little your playstyle.

If in doubt running over to Trickery, Assassination and Blood Siphon all offer a nice efficient cluster of points to grab.

Thanks for the help, it really makes a change and things seem a bit better now!

I have a question regarding the "initiate" modifier on mana flasks; is there a bug with the flask not wanting to recover any mana over time or is there a map modifier that changes this behaviour?
If I'm in my hideout I can use it fine but then in some maps it just seem to instantly restore mana and have no duration so I have to keep pressing it all the time.
Best thing would be not to have to use a mana flask at all xD

EDIT: Seems to be Temporal Chains ruining the flask, making those maps a pain to run.
EDIT 2: Got the same issue without Temporal Chains on a T16 so no clue what is going on.
Last edited by lillbrorsan on Nov 21, 2021, 3:04:01 PM
"
iLeenDover wrote:
Hello, I know it's not perfect and I'm still working on improving it but can you give me some advice on what to improve or how? Plus I feel I am lacking in DPS a bit but I'm not sure why, can you give some insight on this? Here's my pob https://pastebin.com/g6vUYC5Y

Hey, your gear is actually pretty impressive and all content should be melting. Would you mind showing a video of a situation where you feel the damage is lacking? It's very likely something silly missing because everything in the PoB checks out (Leadership active, frenzy + explode chest, you have the right mana flask, etc).
"
primaeva wrote:
Not sure if you saw this - Thanks Tsu, you've been really nailing the replies and giving me some precious pockets time to play :))
Haha, happy to contribute. Seeing what's happening in other setups helps me hugely trying to improve my own. Entirely selfish I assure you ;)
Got this Cane, not sure if I picked the right mods since no PoB yet :(

Crit multi works well for us right?
Spoiler
"
klaymored wrote:

Spoiler

Yes, this is the BiS cane for Single-Target damage! (not super consistent for mapping but you hardly need the extra mult on non-unique/rare targets anyway).

Grats, hope you landed it cheap, I saw one for 88c the other day. xD
"
primaeva wrote:
"
klaymored wrote:

Spoiler

Yes, this is the BiS cane for Single-Target damage! (not super consistent for mapping but you hardly need the extra mult on non-unique/rare targets anyway).

Grats, hope you landed it cheap, I saw one for 88c the other day. xD

Wew, good thing I got this roll first try.
While I'm losing sanity trying to get Twins contract, what would be the cluster jewel minimum setup? And which helmet mods should I look out for when slamming those Horror essences? Apologize in advance if this was already asked.
"
klaymored wrote:
Apologize in advance if this was already asked.
It sounds like you're trying to put this together in SSF?

This info is covered in the guide and discussed pretty extensively in the thread. Well worth reading through it all a few times if in doubt. SSF you don't want to miss the basic mechanics required to set it up.

Cluster setup is perfectly fine at 0. The base tree is pretty efficient with the mastery changes.

With horror essences on an Elder base you're hoping for a pseudo 6-link with the essence mod (30% ele) and supported by conc effect (level 20 > 18 > 16). Then the normal solid rolls of life/res/ES type of stuff. Any ES elder base would be suitable, obviously go high ilevel Hubris or Archdemon if you can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info