[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

Check your watchstones, you probably sextant'd an instant use flask modifier on them
"
Soulravel wrote:
Check your watchstones, you probably sextant'd an instant use flask modifier on them

Oh wow, had no idea that was an actual modifier and you are right, I did have it in the region.
Thanks! xD
"
DarkLordOdeo wrote:
A few questions

1.Is it possible to use DD instead of VD? Semi-Frequent crashes is kinda jarring. I do have an explosion chest so the clear shouldnt be hurt that bad.

2.Would it be worth getting a rare staff with those mods on it until I can afford the cane? or should I stick to dual sceptres?

3.How are you fitting Determination/Discipline/Spider/skitterbots with the only efficiency being for discipline?

Like falagar said, Sovereignty wheel + the 15% mastery, but just wanted to add that depending on your mana total and regen, you might want to support the three aura gems with an Enlighten, too (I had to do it because I didn't have enough mana to cast Flammability without it).
Last edited by Cryotron9000 on Nov 22, 2021, 2:50:20 PM
Can someone please explain what glorious vanity / immortal ambition provides? Not sure if i'm doing something completely wrong (probably am), but since i placed that on the tree i feel like i'm dying a lot more frequently.

Am i missing something, or is the ES supposed to be starting at 0? And what causes it to recharge?

Thanks!
"
primaeva wrote:

I think it's safe now that I recommend the Enhance 4 + Phantasmal Desecrate tech to wealthier players - it definitely is a single-target boost on paper as well as in practice. This will also raise your Desecrate cost to high enough (mine is 1 I believe) no matter what you use.

This just requires either a Flammability on Hit ring and/or an Archdemon Crown so that you can have Cyclone as a 4-link, right?

Got this ring to finish crafting, just need to decide if it's better to reforge keep suffixes, or suffixes cannot be changed + harvest craft Life more common.

"
qua1ity wrote:
Can someone please explain what glorious vanity / immortal ambition provides? Not sure if i'm doing something completely wrong (probably am), but since i placed that on the tree i feel like i'm dying a lot more frequently.

Am i missing something, or is the ES supposed to be starting at 0? And what causes it to recharge?

Thanks!

You need a Glorious Vanity sacrificed by Doryani, not Ahuana. That will give you the Corrupted Soul keystone, not Immortal Ambition. Immortal Ambition would be very bad :)

You can reroll it with Divine Orbs until you get a Doryani one.
Last edited by Cryotron9000 on Nov 22, 2021, 3:08:35 PM
"
Cryotron9000 wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:

I think it's safe now that I recommend the Enhance 4 + Phantasmal Desecrate tech to wealthier players - it definitely is a single-target boost on paper as well as in practice. This will also raise your Desecrate cost to high enough (mine is 1 I believe) no matter what you use.

This just requires either a Flammability on Hit ring and/or an Archdemon Crown so that you can have Cyclone as a 4-link, right?

Got this ring to finish crafting, just need to decide if it's better to reforge keep suffixes, or suffixes cannot be changed + harvest craft Life more common.

"
qua1ity wrote:

Thanks!

You need a Glorious Vanity sacrificed by Doryani, not Ahuana. That will give you the Corrupted Soul keystone, not Immortal Ambition. Immortal Ambition would be very bad :)

You can reroll it with Divine Orbs until you get a Doryani one.

Oh damn, I see.. Thanks!
Saw a post about this build on reddit. Cannibalized my lightning trapper and acquired some (somewhat) budget gear and currently leveling my character. One question though, why the use of skitterbots?

Does Leadership's Price disable the chill/shock from the Corpse Pact ascendancy node? Doesn't suggest the ailments are from you, but PoE is never clear...

Having fun so far. Little bit clunky learning the mechanics, but getting smoother. Still got a lot of leveling to do and haven't even started picking up crit nodes, but the damage is already great. Can do low reds easily at only lvl 75. Had the chance to get a crit multi when nearby cane for cheap but missed it, DD when focused is potentially a lot of damage but learning the timing is a bit difficult.

As far as the glove slot, you can find hands of the high templar with good implicits for not that much that synergize well with this build. Though you will need to have dex on either rings/tree or maybe both.

Using these:

Lot of upgrade potential left, hopeful this build stays fun that I will keep pushing it. Thanks for the recommendation.
Last edited by zoinkjr on Nov 22, 2021, 4:09:03 PM
"
zoinkjr wrote:
Saw a post about this build on reddit.
Does Leadership's Price disable the chill/shock from the Corpse Pact ascendancy node? Doesn't suggest the ailments are from you, but PoE is never clear...

Yes, Leadership's Price does disable them. PoB does not realize this, but it is testable in game thanks to the ailment display they added in 3.15. We have to use Skitterbots for Shock/Chill.

Nice gloves, that's a good idea. Might also be able to do something with Ele Weakness on hit and not have to use Flammability on hit/in the Cyclone setup.
Hey, i found the build via the Reddit posting and decided to try it for boss killing purposes. The playstyle feels unique and its actually really nice to run away from the exploding balls that target the mobs while map clearing.

I tried a few Guardians and Shaper with Maven witnessing and i'm not sure if the damage is supposed to be like that or if i'm missing something.
I'll add to short clips and my PoB so if someone has a bit of time and knowledge any help would be appreciated.

If the damage is supposed to be around the level i would be grateful for any advice on how to further progess the build.

Additional question: If i want to use DD for Invitations do i just swap it in for VD or are other gem changes necassary.
Thanks in advance

POB: https://pastebin.com/U82tEX8C
Guardian: https://streamable.com/2rvy9j
Shaper: https://streamable.com/4bt3v5
"
jreg1s wrote:
If the damage is supposed to be around the level i would be grateful for any advice on how to further progess the build.

Additional question: If i want to use DD for Invitations do i just swap it in for VD or are other gem changes necassary.
Haven't looked at the Shaper video, Shaper is notoriously bad for corpse builds given the desecrate pool for the fight is huge and packed full of low life monsters. For that one you're going to be doing a fraction of your normal damage even played perfectly. If you intend farming Shaper swapping over to Phantasmal Desecrate would be a huge boost to rewrite a large chunk of the low life mobs.

For the Hydra fight, keep an eye on your brand icon in the buff bar.

Both brands are up until the 4th second, then they fall off. They go back on briefly at 7 seconds until 8 seconds and then again from 13 until 18 seconds. The damage is about right for that kind of uptime. It looks like a little too much attention on keeping the debuffs up with cyclone and not enough on keeping the brands up. Always aim to have two on the boss and two ready to replace those when they expire. Having said that, with Hydra hopping about the way he does having 100% uptime if you don't insta melt him probably isn't going to happen, so wouldn't feel too bad about it.

For DD swaps the only thing you really need to watch there is that you're still generating inspiration charges by spending mana. DD has a lower base cost than VD, so if you're running a 0 cost Desecrate and a 1 VD and swap you won't be generating any charges.

Two possible fixes there. Swapping over to a Phantasmal Desecrate Enchance setup can push the Desecrate costs enough for it to be your inspiration charge generator. In which case making the direct swap of VD/VaalDD works. The other option is swapping VD and VaalDD and also swapping the divergent inspiration attached to it. Replacing that with a normal inspiration (somewhere in the 16-20 range) should allow you to have DD with a 1-2 cost and generate your inspiration charges there.

If you're really min maxing you'd also consider swapping to a different helm, different pseudo 6 or 7 link and a different enchant... but absolutely not required. I swap my Vaal DD in on a 40% VD damage helm and a conc effect 6 link and it still feels great.
Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Nov 23, 2021, 6:55:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info