[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

Time to dust it off, man. Transfigured VDs.
"
Azrash wrote:
Time to dust it off, man. Transfigured VDs.

Yep. Once I saw Seething..

This shall return :)

Seething bakes in the following effects:

Inbuilt "Spell Cascade" - rather than using regular spell cascade to get 9 corpses to blow up, with a -31% damage penalty, we now get an extra link of damage, and 1 extra corpse blown up.

So that's (old build) * (100/69)% damage * 1.25 damage (an extra damage link) = 181% damage.

Not only that, it makes the build a LOT easier to start because it's 1 link up.

Of course, we lost Phanstasmal Desecrate, so that's an average massive health pool loss. Yet to be seen if the Meatsack in our Spectre pool helps, or if they already nixed the "Spectre in pool" interaction.

This also sets the core build up for crazy potential if corpse limits are ever revisted.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Getting a necro vd/brand up with nice QoL and decent defenses + offense takes more effort this league due to previous nerfs and the league mechanic buffing mobs to be pretty insane.

If anyone wants they can check out my profile for the current setup I'm running with good results. Still a work in progress however.
"
publicghost wrote:
Getting a necro vd/brand up with nice QoL and decent defenses + offense takes more effort this league due to previous nerfs and the league mechanic buffing mobs to be pretty insane.

If anyone wants they can check out my profile for the current setup I'm running with good results. Still a work in progress however.

Yeah, to be honest, I thought it would be relevant again (and it kinda is) but that's only really because charms with 20% corpse life exist.

With that gone it sort of falls into non-competition again. Until they release an Arcanist transfigured gem that's decent, or some unique that buffs it, I would not recommend my build any more outside of pure nostalgia check.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Doing something similar except with detonate dead of chain reaction. I tried volatile dead of seething, but DD felt better and felt like it had higher single target. Both would work though, and my experience is with depth 1000+ delve and sims. Volatile dead might be better with lower health content.

Would never map with this though, it's only slightly better at mapping than phantasmal cremation of the last few leagues. If you are looking for a delver or a sim farmer, this seems like a strong build.

https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction/character/tubei/tubeylucky?i=0&search=class%3DNecromancer%26type%3Ddepthsolo
Last edited by tubei on Dec 29, 2023, 4:17:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info