[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
I am dropping 2 brands on the boss, first desecrate, then VD, and then cyclone on him for exposure, still takes such a long time to kill and I am not running out of mana either :(

Care to expand on this a little?

What does 'such a long time' mean? If you mean not insta killing them it's probably just a question of where you are in your leveling/gearing/gem levels/min maxing. If you mean it's taking a few minutes per boss there's something else going wrong there, I'd be guessing you're at 10 seconds per T16 boss per boss type of setup. A quick video might help explain if it's taking much more than that.

Is this every boss or just specific ones? Something like Shaper that has a huge desecrate pool of low life mobs gives us much less damage than something like Cortex where our high life mobs are very common. Certain maps will always be a little worse than others for minion life.

Is it specific circumstances like instanced bosses? When we're zooming we have our Corpse Pact maxed out at 200% attack and cast speed. When we slow down waiting for boss animations or throwing up a portal before entering we're dropping that cast speed a chunk. No harm practicing preloading your corpse consumption during those bits of down time, with some spammy brand recalls, but we'll always be doing lower damage when we need to ramp up our cast speed again.

"
Is it just going for the extra 5-6 points?
This is probably it, assuming you're talking 20 seconds a kill instead of 5 and not something more significant.

Getting 9/10ths of the gear or 9/10ths of the tree doesn't give 9/10ths of the damage. Things scale exponentially at times and missing that little bit of min maxing or a few extra more multipliers can cost you huge chunks of the damage/survivability.

If you quickly want to make some tweaks swapping out the Granite flask for a Sulphur would help a lot melting bosses. Or a Taste of Hate for more phys reduction on the big hits (we do pretty well sustaining against the chip damage).

I'd try and move the Warding off a life flask (can only activate when not on full life, so restricted) and get a better lineup of flask suffixes. Two evasion boosts and a hinder enemies isn't doing a lot for offense or defense there. Quality there big against invitations and end game bosses where flask charges can become a bigger issue.

The POB isn't showing what your Glorious Vanity Vaal notables are. If they're not doing anything to help you might be worth trying to swap to another number for some 'free' boosts.

Room to make some decent upgrades on the non influenced ring. Either going more sustain with a second shaper lgoh or going offensive with a Flammability on hit one.
Should you only switch to Cane of Kulemak Serpentine Staff if you get one with Fire damage and cast speed?

+ Is it worth using HoA over like Determination if you dont have an expload chest?

This is what i have right now and its working allright so faar
Hey guys can you guys check if I am doing something wrong .

or is this decent especially in the second clip idk why VD stop casting.

Clip 1 :
https://medal.tv/games/poe/clips/71179586/d1337cVc1v0x?invite=cr-MSxJS3ksMjA0MjcwNjQs

Clip 2:
https://medal.tv/games/poe/clips/71180646/d13370aug3Vt?invite=cr-MSxJREIsMjA0MjcwNjQs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Removed the skins since game was crashing a lot more today\

Short Note : learned from the mistakes Thank you very much primaeva and especially TsuDhoNim . May Cassia bless both your souls
Last edited by Rukurio on Nov 11, 2021, 12:37:15 PM
Hey guys, i just recently killed my first Sirus and got a fine 6-link double influence chest cooking for the Explody+Frenzy mods.

Can someone who understands the mechanics better than me recommend what i should aim for next?

Watcher's eye is still too expensive for me so that's far on the horizon :D

https://pastebin.com/ExVU689A
"
McDunk wrote:
Should you only switch to Cane of Kulemak Serpentine Staff if you get one with Fire damage and cast speed?

+ Is it worth using HoA over like Determination if you dont have an expload chest?

Hiya!

Yes, Fire Damage and Cast Speed are the bare minimum to justify the swap!

The reason is, if you can't get Fire Damage and Cast Speed on the Cane, you may as well just stick to two very good 2hs with Crit Multiplier and other stats.

Switching to Cane is just to make use of the VERY good staff nodes which add a lot of Global Crit and Crit Mult.

Then, once you commit the gear to Leadership's Price, the build will really start to wreck bosses.

The order of upgrades after the starter build should be:

Awakened Spell Cascade (3ex) > Cane of Kulemak (Fire/Cast Speed) (50c-2ex).

Then you start preparing for Leadership's Price, which is the biggest damage boost.

Leadership's Price (1ex for a good one) + Glorious Vanity (50c).

Glorious Vanity not only makes you tankier - it also gives a -70 to Intelligence when socketed on the left side of tree, making it MUCH easier to balance Str + Int for Leadership's.

Then Explode Chest (since you can no longer Inpulsa reliably (OR Skitterbots + Frenzy on Hit Chest&Rotgut). You can swap to Frenzy on Hit chest for Sirus/Maven etc. - get a 25c one or something. Rotgut + Frenzy on Hit = a ton of boss DPS + mobility.

Then you start speccing for Defenses if you want.

Pretty much the build destroys all content on a 6L (<1ex helm). So you can either start scaling up the build's defenses (good chestpiece, better rings, Watcher's Eye Disc, Determination, etc) or go full offense/clear (Bottled Faith, 7L helm, Autoexposure Archdemon Crown / Flammability on Hit Ring, etc)

The build I feel has some of the most meaningful power spikes all the way up to 50ex, by which time you will have built a 10k Life + ES monster with defenses and some of the highest effective boss DPS while maintaining very decent clearing speed.

Then if you put in another 50ex you simply push it to ridiculous levels of tankiness (75% chaos res, 78% allres, 4 perma auras with Enlighten 3/4, etc, elevated Explode, super AoE nodes (6 points from 94-100 going into AoE nodes = entire screen clear + offscreens if balls chase.)

💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
fr0ztbam666 wrote:
Hey guys, i just recently killed my first Sirus and got a fine 6-link double influence chest cooking for the Explody+Frenzy mods.

Can someone who understands the mechanics better than me recommend what i should aim for next?

Watcher's eye is still too expensive for me so that's far on the horizon :D

https://pastebin.com/ExVU689A

Oh dude, does Elemental Focus not disable Alt Ailments as well? I'm not really sure. Check if your targets are getting hit with Scorch/Brittle/Sap and let us know!

In any case, Awakened Fire Pen is a much better link since it gives the build very very very much needed clearing power (since we don't have innate resist shred on first hit - some maps and rares take two hits to kill instead of one.)

Do you have no mana issues? If you don't use Enduring you have to really micromanage quite a bit.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
primaeva wrote:
"
McDunk wrote:

Hiya!

Yes, Fire Damage and Cast Speed are the bare minimum to justify the swap!

The reason is, if you can't get Fire Damage and Cast Speed on the Cane, you may as well just stick to two very good 2hs with Crit Multiplier and other stats.

Switching to Cane is just to make use of the VERY good staff nodes which add a lot of Global Crit and Crit Mult.

Then, once you commit the gear to Leadership's Price, the build will really start to wreck bosses.

The order of upgrades after the starter build should be:

Awakened Spell Cascade (3ex) > Cane of Kulemak (Fire/Cast Speed) (50c-2ex).

Then you start preparing for Leadership's Price, which is the biggest damage boost.

Leadership's Price (1ex for a good one) + Glorious Vanity (50c).

Glorious Vanity not only makes you tankier - it also gives a -70 to Intelligence when socketed on the left side of tree, making it MUCH easier to balance Str + Int for Leadership's.

Then Explode Chest (since you can no longer Inpulsa reliably (OR Skitterbots + Frenzy on Hit Chest&Rotgut). You can swap to Frenzy on Hit chest for Sirus/Maven etc. - get a 25c one or something. Rotgut + Frenzy on Hit = a ton of boss DPS + mobility.

Then you start speccing for Defenses if you want.

Pretty much the build destroys all content on a 6L (<1ex helm). So you can either start scaling up the build's defenses (good chestpiece, better rings, Watcher's Eye Disc, Determination, etc) or go full offense/clear (Bottled Faith, 7L helm, Autoexposure Archdemon Crown / Flammability on Hit Ring, etc)

The build I feel has some of the most meaningful power spikes all the way up to 50ex, by which time you will have built a 10k Life + ES monster with defenses and some of the highest effective boss DPS while maintaining very decent clearing speed.

Then if you put in another 50ex you simply push it to ridiculous levels of tankiness (75% chaos res, 78% allres, 4 perma auras with Enlighten 3/4, etc, elevated Explode, super AoE nodes (6 points from 94-100 going into AoE nodes = entire screen clear + offscreens if balls chase.)

awesome :D Thanks for input!
Will look aronud for those items!
Hi, I tried out your build this league! Takes some getting used to, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Anyone have tips on what priorities to have from here? My gear is kinda janky, I haven't changed it yet cause of the Str=Int requirement meaning I'd have to switch around several pieces at a time (and Resistance balancing...).

I copy-pasted Malanon's general tips (ty!!) on priorities in the Notes section of the PoB, would you add anything to them? I've got most of them covered I think.

I also inputted the Glorious Vanity small vaal nodes effects in my tree in case you're curious :)

https://pastebin.com/1fNX8uPx
Last edited by bkimmm on Nov 12, 2021, 1:21:46 PM
I definitely agree with dropping Frost Shield. It's too much mana and you're hardly ever inside of it. I'm not sure what to replace it with, Inspiration would help mana costs, and GMP could be crazy for Ball Lightning recovery in Scourge.

I want to try the Determination setup but for now I decided to drop Precision (the notable, not the aura), Explosive Impact, and Mental Rapidity and take Safeguard, Smashing Strikes, and Enigmatic Defence, plus the recovery masteries on the Block and Staff wheels.

This was about a 12% DPS loss, but I now have 75/75 Block (once I get a Divergent Bone Offering) with a Rumi's Concoction. I also get Endurance Charges on Melee Crit, but I may drop this because it's not very consistent due to low Accuracy, although they are up at least sometimes while clearing.

The recovery of the build is insane. With 4600 HP and 3900 ES, I have the following recovery on top of the Life on Hit rings and ES on Hit boots:

- 112 Life and 20 Mana recovered on Attack Block
- 148 ES and 20 Mana recovered on Spell Block

The mana recovery is really nice to have and makes sure you are capped on mana if you are Cycloning too much :)

Lastly, I am using an Atziri's Promise, which is just a great flask with some Life Leech, damage, and Chaos Res.
Last edited by Cryotron9000 on Nov 12, 2021, 3:08:56 AM
Can anyone look at my pob and help me out. I tried to make a scuffed version of this build and failed miserably. I dont have any defences and get one shot regularly and it seems that I dont have a lot of damage either. What changes should I make? All help is appreciated.
https://pastebin.com/qEShqaPK

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info