[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

the glorious vanity influenced by doryani turns any keystone into the Corrupted soul Keystone. the number only changes what small passives/notables get changed into. This is important in the build, because we hit so often, that getting half damage pass through energy shield lets us use the on-hit rings, to basically double the amount of regen we have
"
stategamer wrote:
How do we become more tanky?

From a quick glance:

- Shaper rings with Life Gain on Spell Hit huge for life sustain
- Discipline gem in one of the open slots for a boost in ES pool (big with the Aspect sustain). Might need to drop Skitters to run it, but totally worth it.
- Global blind Shaper gloves for less ranged hits with VD blinding and opens up slot for CWDT Frost Shield
- Drop the second quicksilver for a Taste of Hate
- Elder helm and horror essence craft (can invest a little more to self craft and hope to hit big or buy 'failed' efforts from others for like 10-30c) is a big boost in damage, which does a lot for surviviability
- Open crafts on a few items there. Not looked to see what affixes are available, but something there that would help I'm sure.
- Haven't looked at the mana costs, but if you're in danger of OOMing (running out of mana) throwing a Clarity into one of the open slots would help a lot.
- Haven't tried playing it with just Flame Dash, not been a big fan since the recent changes. Personally I'd suggest switching over to the Leap Slam Faster Attacks setup, it zooms, but if you like Flame Dash and have open sockets probably worth throwing in a Second Wind for extra charges. Not being where stuff is about to hit is huge for survivability. We drop brands and we're gone before the hits comes in 99% of the time.

After that you're looking at leveling the gems, going from lvl19 to lvl20 on something like Desecrate is going from level 80 odd corpses to level 100 and significant gains on most spell gems, and starting into endgame optimisations like the Glorious Vanity, Leadership's Price, switching over to crit staff and Awakened Spell Cascade type stuff.

"
stategamer wrote:
What does the vanity jewel do? From my understanding it depends on the number and where its allocated, how do i get the right one? (besides they are expensive)
The number impacts what it does to smaller nodes, both notables and small passives, but a large keystone node like Mind Over Matter will always convert based on the name associated with the jewel.

A Doryani's Glorious Vanity will always convert Mind Over Matter to "Corrupted Soul".

"50% of Non-Chaos Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield
Gain 15% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield"

A nice boost to your tHP with the extra ES and a huge boost to survivability by splitting damage between your hybrid HP pools allowing our sustain of both life on hit and ES on hit to be more efficient.
Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Nov 9, 2021, 7:47:36 AM
can you please format the guide a bit better, there is no end game PoB with current passive tree, no specific link setups and stuff like that
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
stategamer wrote:
How do we become more tanky?

From a quick glance:

- Shaper rings with Life Gain on Spell Hit huge for life sustain
- Discipline gem in one of the open slots for a boost in ES pool (big with the Aspect sustain). Might need to drop Skitters to run it, but totally worth it.
- Global blind Shaper gloves for less ranged hits with VD blinding and opens up slot for CWDT Frost Shield
- Drop the second quicksilver for a Taste of Hate
- Elder helm and horror essence craft (can invest a little more to self craft and hope to hit big or buy 'failed' efforts from others for like 10-30c) is a big boost in damage, which does a lot for surviviability
- Open crafts on a few items there. Not looked to see what affixes are available, but something there that would help I'm sure.
- Haven't looked at the mana costs, but if you're in danger of OOMing (running out of mana) throwing a Clarity into one of the open slots would help a lot.
- Haven't tried playing it with just Flame Dash, not been a big fan since the recent changes. Personally I'd suggest switching over to the Leap Slam Faster Attacks setup, it zooms, but if you like Flame Dash and have open sockets probably worth throwing in a Second Wind for extra charges. Not being where stuff is about to hit is huge for survivability. We drop brands and we're gone before the hits comes in 99% of the time.

After that you're looking at leveling the gems, going from lvl19 to lvl20 on something like Desecrate is going from level 80 odd corpses to level 100 and significant gains on most spell gems, and starting into endgame optimisations like the Glorious Vanity, Leadership's Price, switching over to crit staff and Awakened Spell Cascade type stuff.

"
stategamer wrote:
What does the vanity jewel do? From my understanding it depends on the number and where its allocated, how do i get the right one? (besides they are expensive)
The number impacts what it does to smaller nodes, both notables and small passives, but a large keystone node like Mind Over Matter will always convert based on the name associated with the jewel.

A Doryani's Glorious Vanity will always convert Mind Over Matter to "Corrupted Soul".

"50% of Non-Chaos Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield
Gain 15% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield"

A nice boost to your tHP with the extra ES and a huge boost to survivability by splitting damage between your hybrid HP pools allowing our sustain of both life on hit and ES on hit to be more efficient.

Thanks a lot for your very valuable input! The next coming days I will definitely do my best to try and tick off the easier options (already gotten myself a taste of hate)
Also i had no clue about the desecrate body levels. that sounds HUGE.
ign: LevioState
Redoing build
Last edited by aznmonke on Nov 10, 2021, 2:56:10 AM
"
darkowozzd97 wrote:
can you please format the guide a bit better, there is no end game PoB with current passive tree, no specific link setups and stuff like that

Hey sure. Could you let me know what you mean by 'specific link setups'. I guess the old skill-gem-setups thing is pretty outdated.

Do you find the current guide too wordy?

Damn, I wish the forum tool was also a bit more WYSIWYG / intuitive, a huge part that trips me up is I can't really edit as effectively because it's all in weird nested Quotes.

Thanks everyone for helping to answer questions, I really appreciate it <3
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Last edited by primaeva on Nov 10, 2021, 3:16:04 AM
basically there is no big red "POB'S HERE" for those that know what they are doing, just need exact place to look at the current pob setups, with end game, high budget and stuff like that.
and also, it feels like nothing is in order pretty much, and 3.15 stuff is mixed with previous leagues and current league
"
aznmonke wrote:
Redoing build
Had spotted the query to get some feedback on my phone and jumped on at my PC to have a look. If you decide you'd like it, do let us know.

Stuff like having Sadist while using Leadership's Price (impossible to gain those damage boosts - just realised that's probably a POB import bug and not allocated.... ignore me :P), leveling gems or missing the cast speed on the Cane (huge survivability in not getting hit and faster sustain boost there too) would help but I'd still expect you to be melting T14s where you are at the moment.

At a guess I'd imagine it could be OOMing. Might be worth trying to do a slow, tanky boss that you're not in much danger from (the one on the Docks layout map, blanking on the name - Wharf? - comes to mind) and watching your mana for a while rather than the fight. Stuff like adding inspiration to your desecrate setup or going with another -mana cost ring could solve that pretty fast.

If it's literally just on bosses it could be a double branding, double desecrate or double VD, issue. Easy to get into bad habits/mechanics clearing packs where the next mob will pick up the stray brand for us. We often don't get minions on bosses to help in the same way and even where we do we end up with the corpse explosions where all our damage is too far from the boss. Prima's video explains that one better than I ever could, well worth a watch just in case.
Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Nov 10, 2021, 4:47:15 AM
I think you’re thinking of “the unraveling horror” from port map
Why the fire mastery phys converted to fire?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info