[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

Great build, i tried it, but my PC can't handle it. I try all the tweaks and nothing worked :( anyway hope I will be able to play it one day :)
Last edited by stoqnbg on Nov 7, 2021, 10:23:51 PM
Does a Diamond Flask not help us very much?
"
shadowraiden wrote:
so a question since scaling cast speed is such a big thing for this build has there been anybody experimenting with Soulthirst and the souleater setup people are doing this league

I did think about it. It would be pretty impressive to see how quickly you could blow up, say, a Conqueror with full Soul Eater stacks. However due to the hidden 0.5 sec activation time on Arcanist Brand, ultimately even 10,000% cast speed will be bottlenecked by that 0.5 seconds it takes for the first VDs to start popping on pack to pack.

It WOULD make the build super easy to scale for mapping however (e.g. you can go full defense and just let the cast speed carry your damage).
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
It's not terrible, it's about 20% more crit at full Brittle, but at high levels I do believe the build actually hits max crit WITHOUT Diamond Flask, so it's dropped.

At that point Bottled Faith is the better DPS flask, or you can get defenses from a ToH e.g., or these new cool flasks everyone seems to be running!

"
darkowozzd97 wrote:
how much money to i need to start this build off and be able to do sirus 8/9 , and map comfortably in t16's?

Well, I killed Sirus 8 with the 2ex setup, it did take a while though and I lost a portal. The damage with the 2ex setup is probably under a million - so you have to beat the fight with clean mechanics.

Awakened Spell Cascade makes bossing much easier - and then for mapping, a good explode chest is all you need. Cheap Leadership's Prices are also realllly affordable now! I'd say it's peak time to play the build.

Reporting the viability of animated guardian in this build.

Ran the following (with the grave intentions cluster).

Divergent AG 20/20:
- Mask of the stitched demon
- Garb of the ephemeral
- Kingmaker
- Southbound with ele weakness implicit
- Windshriek

It lasted 1 hour, I was farming elder. Given the regen it was getting (~10% a sec), I don't think it'd live in juiced maps.

Seems like it's not viable, although if anyone else can make it work it has many advantages.
"
Cryotron9000 wrote:
I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but one thing to be careful about (especially if you are using Divergent Inspiration):

Don't get your mana cost of all skills linked to any Inspiration supports down to zero. If all your skills supported by Inspiration cost zero, you will never gain any Inspiration charges!

I learned this the hard way when I couldn't figure out why I was doing so little damage compared to yesterday :D

Edit: Also, don't forget you can increase the flat mana reduction of the Elreon Ring Craft by using Fertile Catalysts. With this, alongside particular nodes on the tree and Divergent Inspiration, you can get your Volatile Dead to cost 1 mana and Desecrate to cost 0, which would be the ideal costs from a mana usage standpoint while still allowing you to generate Inspiration charges with VD.

Yup! Forgot to mention this in the main thread (but I did put it on the Flist ticker!!

I've been experimenting with some DARK TECH! The 1 Mana VD is among them - another one is

I GOT FORTIFY TO WORK BOYS! It does take some conditions to make work though and only really sits at 13-18 stacks, 20 is not very manageable.

STEPS TO GET FORTIFY - EXAMPLE 1

Spoiler

1. The Cane of Kulemak used was
- had the 240% Increased Physical Roll

2. Mantra of Flames jewel makes it VERY easy to hit high teens.

3. Infused Channelling layers for a nice 8% phys reduction, but I'm not sure if it actually increased the base Cyclone damage.

4. Had to run 40% Fire Conversion on the Fire Mastery.

5. Flammability on Hit ring further increases the ease of maintaining high stacks.

6. Nope, it's not reproducible on bosses. It just helps a TON for Scourge.

STEPS TO GET 1 MANA VD - FREEING UP MANA FLASK SLOT

Spoiler

1. Divergent Inspiration - 44% reduced.

2. Two -7 Rings. Use Catalysts to get one to 15% - this makes one -7 become a -8

3. Tireless wheel.

4. Mana Mastery - 10% Reduced Skill Cost.

5. As mentioned, you don't actually want a 0 mana VD because Inspiration no longer procs.

6. You still need some free mana to proc CWC spells (WoC etc) as well as Ball Lightnings from your CWDT, so don't just Cyclone all day.

Last edited by primaeva on Nov 8, 2021, 4:41:00 AM
"
Malanon wrote:

Divergent AG 20/20:
- Garb of the ephemeral
- Kingmaker
- Windshriek

It lasted 1 hour, I was farming elder. Given the regen it was getting (~10% a sec), I don't think it'd live in juiced maps.

Seems like it's not viable, although if anyone else can make it work it has many advantages.

Aww nuts, you probably already had the BiS setup. You had Meat Shield etc going right?

Maybe dropping Mask and popping Vaal Discipline would really bail them out since 20% of their life as ES = a metric ton and them regenning it to full would be like a full heal.

Man, that is rough.
Hello, can you give us end game POB for this build, thank you.
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Malanon wrote:

Divergent AG 20/20:
- Garb of the ephemeral
- Kingmaker
- Windshriek

Aww nuts, you probably already had the BiS setup. You had Meat Shield etc going right?

Maybe dropping Mask and popping Vaal Discipline would really bail them out since 20% of their life as ES = a metric ton and them regenning it to full would be like a full heal.

Man, that is rough.

I didn't even notice it die. I'm guessing maybe it was standing in a degen, or maybe it got hit by the blast at the end of the elder fight. It could tank one of the elder circles dropping it to like 60% hp, so idk.

Nah mask was super useful, only thing keeping it alive, and yeah meat shield.

It may be that it did die to a one shot, in which case it might be viable for mapping. However I was doing bossing this league, would not recommend.
Last edited by Malanon on Nov 8, 2021, 9:26:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info