[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
falagar112 wrote:
Why the fire mastery phys converted to fire?

To scale explosions from crusader chest
whats the best way to make the frenzy + explosive chest ?

and what should i upgrade next i want to fully invest in this build.

(Since VD has become my fav build and it makes my pc sound like a train.)

My Pob : https://pastebin.com/GNdi1md0

P.S i was recalling the brands immediately vs the bosses that's why I wasn't doing any damage.
Last edited by Rukurio on Nov 10, 2021, 11:20:34 AM
"
Rukurio wrote:
and what should i upgrade next i want to fully invest in this build.
You're already well ahead of where my gearing is in GSF, so take anything I say with that in mind :D

Personally I'd be looking at:

- CWDT and the associated gems to a lower level to get more frequent procs. Prevention is better than cure type of thing. That one comes down to subjectivity so if you're happy how often it's triggering leave it where it is. In either case keep the gems consistent with pushing the skill gems to level 52 requirement and less OR grabbing a new CWDT and Frost Shield and keeping them lower at level 40 requirement. Both work.

- Divergent Inspiration is another 10% reduced mana cost for your VD (pair it up with some catalysts on your rings to hit the 1 mana cost VD Prima mentions in the opening guide for juicy min maxing).

- Awakened Spell Cascade is a huge boost. More damage, faster ramping of damage/speed for even more damage, more sustain from the more hits giving way more survivability from everything being dead. Expensive (I'd guess... not watching trade prices tbh). Worth it whatever the price.

- Watcher's Eye with ES on hit discipline would free up your boot slot and affix on your belt. Or just allow you even more ES sustain. If you can snag a double mod Watcher's even better.

- You're already looking at the Frenzy/Explode chest. Great.

- Quality up the unique flasks for sure. 20% fine to start, eventually a higher Hillock craft would be awesome.

- Doubling up on the bleeding suffix at the moment on the other flasks so I'd look at tweaking those. Instant life flasks are huge, especially the 'instant on low life' one that doesn't tank the volume completely. I'd (and have) spam a high ilvl Divine flask for that prefix with either a bleed remove suffix or an empty suffix to beast craft bleed remove.

- I'd also grab a high ilvl Divine Mana flask and see what you I get from some alt spamming. If I hit an Enduring prefix and empty suffix I'd personally aug and cross fingers for one of the higher tier mods (you're going to want a few eventually anyway), but a smarter person would probably finish it with a beast craft too.
(If you intend to try for a 1 mana cost setup using Div Inspiration you can probably ignore the mana efficiency suffix on the mana flask and just grab shock/ignite/warding/poison depending on personal preference. Eventually you'd like an Enduring Mana with each of those to be able to swap in on specific maps/fights. Can also use Life/Sulpher to fill in gaps there if you're confident enough in your damage that losing the higher uptime of an enduring mana won't get you killed)

- Throw two weapons into your weapon swap and level up 6 of whatever is 2nd or 3rd most expensive gem on Ninja (top sometimes gets flooded with supply, so 3rd normally safer option). Normally more efficient to level gems for profit and buy the cheaper gems you need yourself rather than leveling for personal use. Either works. (Used to be a couple of C profit taking the time to vendor many gems to lvl1 20Q before selling, but that might not be the case this league)

- Harvest Enchantments for weapon/jewel implicits can give a handy little boost.

"
Rukurio wrote:
P.S i was recalling the brands immediately vs the bosses that's why I wasn't doing any damage.
Haha. I did something very similar when I first 6 linked my inpulsa.

Hadn't expected to hit it and was burning my fuses with a spare 5 link harvest craft available to 'fix it'. Hit it. Then threw the gems into the same positions not thinking beyond 'great'. Jumped back into the map and proceeded to wonder wtf was happening at I Cast While Channeling summoned half the corpses underneath the boss.
Additional Notes:

- Having ~100+ spare mana really helps survivability since it allows multiple fires of BL. I recommend dropping Frost Shield - it paid huge dividends in Ultimatum since you were running in circles, but the massive mana cost of 50+ is too much now, plus in Scourge you're probably rushing off to the next fight.

Went the Determination Route today, and also snagged a ES on Hit Watcher's with 60% reduced extra crit damage (Determination) for 6.5 ex.

- Thank you for suggesting Determination. It's absolutely been worth the change and is allowing me to be so damn lazy, even in the 280s+. I can see people investing heavily into an unkillable variant of the build now - with high-end gear and ES+Armour passives you could be rocking 15k-20k armour. Extremely keen to start doing the Uber content soon.

- Experimented with a dream ring - Flammability on Hit + Crit Mult. It's been absolutely making the difference for clear since lack of inbuilt Elemental penetration is a huge shortfall of the build.

Damnit, wish I didn't have to work this week..
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Last edited by primaeva on Nov 10, 2021, 7:50:30 PM
Hi,

Great build :) it is indeed quite fun to play. I am however having issues with some bossing DPS. I am seeing videos and numbers that the dmg should be quite high, but it is taking me quite some time to kill even t16 normal map bosses. Can someone take a look and let me know if I am screwing something up?

I am dropping 2 brands on the boss, first desecrate, then VD, and then cyclone on him for exposure, still takes such a long time to kill and I am not running out of mana either :(

Is it just going for the extra 5-6 points?

https://pastebin.com/eUgDv0tz
Last edited by CaptainvonSpliff on Nov 10, 2021, 5:29:12 PM
"
Hi,

Great build :) it is indeed quite fun to play. I am however having issues with some bossing DPS. I am seeing videos and numbers that the dmg should be quite high, but it is taking me quite some time to kill even t16 normal map bosses. Can someone take a look and let me know if I am screwing something up?

I am dropping 2 brands on the boss, first desecrate, then VD, and then cyclone on him for exposure, still takes such a long time to kill and I am not running out of mana either :(

You forgot your specter setup (Stoneskin Flayers or Lithomancers). You can go to global 6666 to get urs and this will improve your dps.
Edit : Your Str and Intel must be equal since your using the :Leadership's Price because that's like double your dps.
Last edited by KuroiShiffer on Nov 10, 2021, 6:15:39 PM
"
primaeva wrote:
Additional Notes:

- Having ~100+ spare mana really helps survivability since it allows multiple fires of BL. I recommend dropping Frost Shield - it paid huge dividends in Ultimatum since you were running in circles, but the massive mana cost of 50+ is too much now, plus in Scourge you're probably rushing off to the next fight.

Went the Determination Route today, and also snagged a ES on Hit Watcher's with 60% reduced extra crit damage (Determination) for 6.5 ex.

- Thank you for suggesting Determination. It's absolutely been worth the change and is allowing me to be so damn lazy, even in the 280s+. I can see people investing heavily into an unkillable variant of the build now - with high-end gear and ES+Armour passives you could be rocking 15k-20k armour. Extremely keen to start doing the Uber content soon.

- Experimented with a dream ring - Flammability on Hit + Crit Mult. It's been absolutely making the difference for clear since lack of inbuilt Elemental penetration is a huge shortfall of the build.

Looking at your profile, how do you have Aspect of the spider, Discipline, Skitterbots, AND determination on at the same time? I do that with the reservation nodes and I have like 29 mana left.
"
Angvir wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
Additional Notes:

Looking at your profile, how do you have Aspect of the spider, Discipline, Skitterbots, AND determination on at the same time? I do that with the reservation nodes and I have like 29 mana left.

I pretty much only turn Skitterbots on during big bosses. On big bosses I ony need that 29 mana - my VD and Desecrate cost 1 mana each.

While mapping I unreserve Skitterbots so I have a mana pool with which multiple Ball Lightnings, ICs and WoC/Cyclone can fire.

Ideally, I should pick up flat mana on gear so I can have about 40 unreserved mana, so I can run Skitterbots all the time.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Spoiler
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Angvir wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
Additional Notes:

I pretty much only turn Skitterbots on during big bosses. On big bosses I ony need that 29 mana - my VD and Desecrate cost 1 mana each.

While mapping I unreserve Skitterbots so I have a mana pool with which multiple Ball Lightnings, ICs and WoC/Cyclone can fire.

Ideally, I should pick up flat mana on gear so I can have about 40 unreserved mana, so I can run Skitterbots all the time.

That makes sense. Somehow my VD costs 2 and my Desecrate costs 1. Not sure how that happened.
"
KuroiShiffer wrote:
"
Hi,

You forgot your specter setup (Stoneskin Flayers or Lithomancers). You can go to global 6666 to get urs and this will improve your dps.
Edit : Your Str and Intel must be equal since your using the :Leadership's Price because that's like double your dps.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look! I think you may have looked at the wrong profile, or PoB imported poorly as I have both of the above. Equal stats and always using those 2 spectres (Even though they're always dying :( ). Maybe I need to invest in more mana reduction so that I can run Skitterbots as Primaeva mentioned above.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info