[3.11] Cold BV PF Indigon ft. RF | All content done in HC! | Fast mapper, safe boss-killer

What's the best way to craft +1+1+hatred sceptre? Couldn't find the recipe in the previous pages.
"
AvesoM1 wrote:
What's the best way to craft +1+1+hatred sceptre? Couldn't find the recipe in the previous pages.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2905010/page/87
I'm actually still wondering why there are so many different variants of gearing the weapons on this build.

Bow+quiver.

dual sceptre. Even for dual sceptre you have +2 gems variant, +1 and t1 mana variant and then also a +1 and T1 cold dmg variant. Then within that some go the double dmg, some go crit+critmulti. Then you have oscillating sceptre vs sambar septre for second scetpre. Some are obviously cheaper/more expensive to craft but the difference isn't huge.

What the best way to reroll Phy as Extra Cold to T1? Remove/Add Phy or do I need to get rid of the +1 First?
Is there any guide to craft the gloves w/ culling strike? or you just gotta buy the base and craft it?
"
GoldPush wrote:
I'm actually still wondering why there are so many different variants of gearing the weapons on this build.

Bow+quiver.

dual sceptre. Even for dual sceptre you have +2 gems variant, +1 and t1 mana variant and then also a +1 and T1 cold dmg variant. Then within that some go the double dmg, some go crit+critmulti. Then you have oscillating sceptre vs sambar septre for second scetpre. Some are obviously cheaper/more expensive to craft but the difference isn't huge.

They're basically different builds though mostly. Like bows are super cheap compared to sceptres, except that to go crit with bows means the rest of your gear is going to be pretty damn expensive and less tanky. Just the jewels and crit watchers eye would pay for a decent sceptre build pretty much. Though in exchange the min-max bow guys will do a lot more damage - there's some doing 60-80m dps without Indigon ramp, so probably close to 120-140m with ramp. I think bows vs scepters comes down to how much you want to spend, how tanky you want to be and how much life you're comfortable with having.

Of course you can also use a bow until you get your sceptres, since it's so cheap to craft and will sell for what you paid to make it easily.
Last edited by EsperP on Feb 21, 2021, 4:03:08 AM
"
EsperP wrote:
"
GoldPush wrote:

Bow+quiver.

They're basically different builds though mostly. Like bows are super cheap compared to sceptres, except that to go crit with bows means the rest of your gear is going to be pretty damn expensive and less tanky. Just the jewels and crit watchers eye would pay for a decent sceptre build pretty much. Though in exchange the min-max bow guys will do a lot more damage - there's some doing 60-80m dps without Indigon ramp, so probably close to 120-140m with ramp. I think bows vs scepters comes down to how much you want to spend, how tanky you want to be and how much life you're comfortable with having.

Of course you can also use a bow until you get your sceptres, since it's so cheap to craft and will sell for what you paid to make it easily.

so basically, regular bv bow < dual sceptres (1 with EO implicit) < synth bow (double damage implicit)?
Last edited by traumaxbl on Feb 21, 2021, 5:01:15 AM
I think it's more complicated than that, they're basically different builds really. If you replaced the synth bow with a normal one, on a character who's sitting at 3k life and using Aul's to fit in Zealotry, having their belt with 6*damage mods, crit+conversion watcher's eye, 2 large clusters and 90ex worth of crit jewels then they'll still be doing more damage. But at that point it's comparing very different things.
Last edited by EsperP on Feb 21, 2021, 5:31:00 AM
"
EsperP wrote:
I think it's more complicated than that, they're basically different builds really. If you replaced the synth bow with a normal one, on a character who's sitting at 3k life and using Aul's to fit in Zealotry, having their belt with 6*damage mods, crit+conversion watcher's eye, 3 large clusters and 90ex worth of crit jewels then they'll still be doing more damage. But at that point it's comparing very different things.

If you have to make a tierlist for each version, which one would be "best" and which one would still be great but not just as good? I mean, which version would be better to start with, just to transiction later into the "best" one, given it would cost way more to min-max eventually.
"
traumaxbl wrote:

If you have to make a tierlist for each version, which one would be "best" and which one would still be great but not just as good? I mean, which version would be better to start with, just to transiction later into the "best" one, given it would cost way more to min-max eventually.

Depends what you want right. With enough money crit will always end up doing more damage, with bows or sceptres, but you're giving up stats for that. You're also using a spell crit + extra curse chest. The version from this thread is hugely tanky - saw a video in this thread of a guy walking through Sirius storms and tanking everything, while still doing great boss dps.

So it depends what you want. You can spend insane amounts of currency on both.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info