[3.11] Cold BV PF Indigon ft. RF | All content done in HC! | Fast mapper, safe boss-killer

I would like to share my thoughts on this build for anyone who is thinking about playing it, especially those on a tight budget looking to do all the new endgame content. This is my current gear, I spent around 20-25ex on what I have now.
Spoiler

I have crappy <60c weapons, no divine flesh, mostly bad cluster jewels, unmaxed gems, only +1 ammy, and a dumpster-tier chest.

Maven fight is pretty easy with practice. I brought a life flask since I would touch the life regen disabling lasers like my life depended on it. All of her abilities are face-tankable besides the slams and the brain death laser.

Can't face tank shaper balls in the uber elder fight, but as long as you move around you have the life regen to make it easy to deal with. Uber elder fight is pretty easy.

Regular shaper and elder is a joke. Every mechanic in the shaper fight can be face tanked, with the exception of maybe the slam. I did take a slam once and survived. Can completely ignore shaper balls and elder ice spikes. Can stand in the ground degen all day. Can probably survive a full shaper beam to the face but its easy to dodge so why try?

Sirus 9 is a joke if you know the mechanics. You won't die to anything small like the rotating laser, auto attack, or ground degens. Can get clipped by a die beam and be fine. Almost did this deathless but I personally suck on the Sirus fight. Still was the easiest Sirus fight I ever tried.

Double elder guardians are face tankable. Can pretty much ignore their mechanics. Double shaper guardians are tougher especially in the small arenas you fight them in. Minotaur slam can oneshot you, he is really the only dangerous shaper guardian.

At this level of gear the whole game got pretty easy. It's not a huge investment by any means. But before I got to this point I was pretty susceptible to one taps. I have a lot of deaths under my belt. But even before this point the most dangerous things to deal with besides endgame bosses are double beyond and the really crappy rituals. Clear speed is fantastic and you will be able to farm enough currency for this gear level pretty quickly.

Right now my single target damage is pretty bad but you don't need a ton of damage when you can facetank so many mechanics. My gear isn't even remotely close to min maxed. I can't wait to gear this build further and take it to the next level.

So if anyone isn't sure about playing this build, here is the gear level you need to clear all content (besides The Feared, I haven't tried that one yet). Bosses take a while to kill but this build is very tanky and blazing fast map clear speed. I'm sure someone who doesn't suck at this game like I do could do it with worse gear.

Here is my PoB if you want to see DPS: https://pastebin.com/kFpcP13L
"
theblindsaint wrote:
Check my new edit, now that you mention it I'm confused as well. But for your actual mana regen, you need to see the actual mana per second, not just look at one stat or the other.

Yeah I understand that. If I was to switch to double cluster setup, my PoB shows that my mana flask would recover 23921 mana over 9.27s, which is around 2580 mana/s. Bringing the flask duration down, actually increases the mana per sec recovered, as it doesn't affect the total amount recovered, it only reduces the time during which it happens, effectively increasing mana/s.

If my mana flask duration was 5.9s like yours, that would be around 4054 mana/s recovered. Hence my question, how to maintain low duration of mana flask, while maintaning high duration of utility flasks.

I also can't find the source of the difference between increasing duration of mana/utility flask...
Can you quickly point me to where I can see the flask stats in PoB? I feel like I'm blind :(
"
Qancho wrote:
Can you quickly point me to where I can see the flask stats in PoB? I feel like I'm blind :(

Go to items and hover your mouse over desired flask. You will see a small tooltip box, with "effective flask stats" section.
I indeed was blind. Thank you very much!
"
theblindsaint wrote:
Check my new edit, now that you mention it I'm confused as well. But for your actual mana regen, you need to see the actual mana per second, not just look at one stat or the other.

I think I found the source of that. It's the affix on your belt:

"30% increased Flask Mana Recovery rate"

If you check the pob, it doesn't change the total amount recovered by your mana flask, but it decreases its duration by almost 2s aka increasing the recovery rate. Without it, your mana/s recovered from flask goes down from 5500/s to 4235/s.
Last edited by Dhol91 on Feb 20, 2021, 10:38:02 AM
"
Dhol91 wrote:
"
theblindsaint wrote:

I think I found the source of that. It's the affix on your belt:

"30% increased Flask Mana Recovery rate"

If you check the pob, it doesn't change the total amount recovered by your mana flask, but it decreases its duration by almost 2s aka increasing the recovery rate. Without it, your mana/s recovered from flask goes down from 5500/s to 4235/s.

THANK YOU for finding that, I also already submitted a request to the pob dev for a more detailed breakdown of flask stats, hopefully, it won't be such a mystery in the future.
Ive been progressing this build a bit over the last few days. Just got the convertion WE and unnatural insticts. Currently Im a bit unsure on what to upgrade next. I should probably get convertion gloves and a better amulet with annoint. But getting unnerve/cull on gloves with the convertion is mad expensive, and so is a +2 amu. Got around 8ex atm. Would appreciate if someone with experience could take a look at my profile <3
"
thegreekgod wrote:
Ive been progressing this build a bit over the last few days. Just got the convertion WE and unnatural insticts. Currently Im a bit unsure on what to upgrade next. I should probably get convertion gloves and a better amulet with annoint. But getting unnerve/cull on gloves with the convertion is mad expensive, and so is a +2 amu. Got around 8ex atm. Would appreciate if someone with experience could take a look at my profile <3

I'm working on gearing up this spec as well so maybe I can help. The neck is a little expensive to make, but it's not awful. I bought influenced amulets and rolled the phys and dex myself with alts from maps. Now in theory this costs about the same as buying amulets with those affixes already, but if you hit +1 Int gems you can sell it (no lower than 1.5ex). Also if you want a Blue Pearl base it'll be much cheaper to get an influenced base and roll on it. If you just use alts from maps the only outlay you have really is the bases (pretty cheap) and the awakening orb. Of course you then need to farm (or buy) harvests to get whatever other stats you need - since the +gems are prefixes though you can reroll keeping prefixes until you hit something nice and then build on that.

Gloves you can do pretty much exactly the same thing. If you map a lot it might be cheaper to influence fingerless gloves yourself until you hit one of the two influences you need.

I haven't been buying harvest so it's all a very slow process for me, but it feels doable. The weapons are my main sticking point, aug phys seems really rare so far.
https://pastebin.com/y1YKRmTu

Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on the biggest DPS increase i can achieve with ~15-20ex? Maybe a tree revamp to the dual thread of hopes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info