[3.14] Bleedsplosion Bow Gladiator | League Starter | Beginner Friendly | Assailum

Hey, build looks very nice. Do you think you will have time to update it before League start? Do you think snipers mark might be worth it combined with the new passive notable for ailment damage (Marked for death)? What about using Punishment which will make enemies take a lot more damage on low life and will effectively double up on our explosions? That seems awesome for both clearing and bossing.
Last edited by roraver on Sep 16, 2020, 3:32:46 PM
I'm a bit of a newb (only been playing six years) but I see Imbalanced Guard is allocated in the linked POB and POB is saying that it's DECREASING phys damage reduction with the gear as is. Is that correct? Am I reading it right that it just doubles your armour but reduces all damage reductions to a max of 50%, including elemental resists? That seems extremely bad if I'm not completely mistaken.
"
GusHobbleton wrote:
I'm a bit of a newb (only been playing six years) but I see Imbalanced Guard is allocated in the linked POB and POB is saying that it's DECREASING phys damage reduction with the gear as is. Is that correct? Am I reading it right that it just doubles your armour but reduces all damage reductions to a max of 50%, including elemental resists? That seems extremely bad if I'm not completely mistaken.
it doesn't affect resistances, only "additional reduction effects" so armor, endurance charge damage reduction and one or two other things. For this build the main effect is that our armor can't reduce physical damage by more than 50%, but with this build i dont think you have enough armor for it to matter too much. Im not sure about that but definitely dont think it halves your resistance effectiveness.
Last edited by loony29 on Sep 16, 2020, 6:27:33 PM
Ah, that's good to know. I was unsure because it says "Maximum Damage Reduction for any Damage Type is 50%" and I thought that would include elemental damage.

So, roughly, it's good when your armour is low enough that you won't break 50% reduction most of the time, bad when you will. Thanks!
Can a rare bow with just 2 of these beat Lioneyes Glare?

(80-99)% increased Physical Damage
60 chance for Bleeding inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage
For leveling, which kind of bow base should we use the +%Phys recipe on (whetstone + rustic sash + bow)

Also, what would be the order in terms of what piece of gear to upgrade first (Bow?, Helm ?, other?)

Is 6 link mandatory for maps? (Should I farm Blood Aqueduct on league start or just go straight to maps)

Thanks !
"
oa7x wrote:
did you see the new mark update ? there is a huge amount of sustain potential which could open the chance to put in damage flasks instead of 4 defensive flasks also thoughts on Haemophilia gloves and the farruel's set ?

The marks seem nice to add but as the build is now, it has no room. Feel free to make tweaks to the build, but vulnerability adds a lot.

Haemophilia is decent for leveling, but will lower dps later on. The bleed chance and attack damage stats are useless so the damage over time and explode is all we are getting. The less duration of bleeds hurts our dps a lot so I don't think it is a good choice for end game.

As for Farruel's we do not take full advantage of the Aspect of the Cat (crit) but it is a unique choice. I do not think it is worth it, as influenced items will give more benefits
"
roraver wrote:
Hey, build looks very nice. Do you think you will have time to update it before League start? Do you think snipers mark might be worth it combined with the new passive notable for ailment damage (Marked for death)? What about using Punishment which will make enemies take a lot more damage on low life and will effectively double up on our explosions? That seems awesome for both clearing and bossing.

We curse from our ring, and as of now we cannot get Sniper's Mark from a ring. They may add it, but the only way I can see to add it is to put curse on hit on the totem setup. We do not get the damage benefit of Sniper's mark because we are ailment damage. It will allow for sustain, but ultimately vulnerability will add the most dps. Poacher's Mark does look appealing and I am currently looking into it.

Marked for death looks like a good grab, we need to see the stats and need to have a mark on the build.

Punishment is a neat idea but adding too many skills will make the build too clunky. If there is a way to make it seamless then maybe I would consider adding it
"
pphnx wrote:
Can a rare bow with just 2 of these beat Lioneyes Glare?

(80-99)% increased Physical Damage
60 chance for Bleeding inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage

It also depends on the bow base type. If we are assuming a Citadel bow I would say yes, but not by a large margin. I would assume the pdps of the new bow is lower than the lioneye's, but you can also boost your dps by 60% mentally because of the bleed mod. If you could craft flat phys onto it then it would be more desirable.
"
davebertz wrote:
For leveling, which kind of bow base should we use the +%Phys recipe on (whetstone + rustic sash + bow)

Also, what would be the order in terms of what piece of gear to upgrade first (Bow?, Helm ?, other?)

Is 6 link mandatory for maps? (Should I farm Blood Aqueduct on league start or just go straight to maps)

Thanks !

Early leveling use any bow that has gem links that work for you (g-r-r ideally). Once you have a handle on gem links then you can start looking for the bow with the best flat phys on it for your level. You can look at https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bows and see what I meant there.

Bow and gems links are most important. Getting a 6L on your body and a Lioneye's Glare will be a powerful setup that can get you through to red maps. Assailum is only important for A8 Sirus, though it is not mandatory.

I generally have a 5L and a Lioneye's Glare in white to yellow maps then get the 6L around then. You do not need a lioneye's glare, we use it because it has a pdps of about 300 for relatively cheap. If white maps are difficult and you keep dying, or have not maxed out your resistance then do Blood Aqueduct until then. Running maps is always more beneficial then running BA, because you are getting more map returns, working on atlas, and preping for the Conquerors.

:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info