Hateful Hierophant - Glacial Cascade Totems (Aura Scaling) [Dead Build in 3.16]

"
"
"
With Supreme Ego and Hatred alone, we are getting 47.5% * 1.5 = 71.25% more damage from the aura.

This gets really nutty, however, when we start adding increased aura effectiveness from gear, the passive tree, and Vengeful Commander cluster jewel notables. With 100% increased aura effectiveness to Hatred (which is on the low side of what we can accomplish) the calculation becomes:

(47.5% * 2) * 1.5 = 142.5% More Damage from Hatred!

This math isn't right, but the numbers aren't far off.

Assuming no other sources of Phys as Extra Cold or flat cold (and 100% Phys to Cold conversion), Hatred scaling should look like this:
(1 + (0.25 * H)) * (1 + (0.18 * H)) where H is the total Hatred scaling multiplier.
i.e. There is a double dip for Hatred effect on both the Phys as Extra Cold and More Cold, which give it a slight quadratic scaling.

With just Supreme Ego, this is:
(1 + (0.25 * 1.5)) * (1 + (0.18 * 1.5)) = 1.375 * 1.27 = 1.746
or 74.6% more damage. (rather than 71.25% more)

With an extra 100% increased Hatred effect:
(1 + (0.25 * (1.5 * 2)) * (1 + (0.18 * (1.5 * 2)) = 1.75 * 1.54 = 2.695
or 169.5% more damage. (rather than 142.5% more)

Thanks, I'll look at updating this when I do next big revision.

Hi!

Just found your build and decided to test it.
I use to play totems two years ago, so the character was in my portfolio, exactly at lvl. 93.
In two days i,ve found the gear = i only play standard = so it was i little fortune to spend, but let's say it was pretty ok.
Now, in my opinion (so this is on my personal level of practice/knowledge of poe) the build is quite squishy. Mine, let's say is not balanced now, and it is a paradox here: i very quickly kill guardians, bosses, uber bosses, but i die one-shot on clearing maps.
I play only juicy t16+ maps, i'm not a fast player, also not a dodge one.
I also run the mine with and it was not ok (around 270).

So based on what i have found as gear pieces, for the moment i have the enchant with the golem, but this is a problem - golem die often;
Looking at percentage of scaling hatred, with a stygian blet is 128%, but with string of servitute is aboy 182%. so i decide to play so, means to compensate with Ironwood node. Also my jewels are not the prettiest but is what i have so far, including the gems - i still don't want to take gems from other characters before i decide this is good.
I also have GC 40% as enchant on a armour based head/but i must craft good rolls, also on a Crown of inward eye (in my opinion this must be the main head, but with some chances to balance resists on the rest of gear).

Long story/short: how to balance the build? Please take a look on this pob link: "https://pastebin.com/bksbiudD". LF for your answer, ty!
RD06702
Hi there! A few suggestions.

- Put the Golem into wand so it's triggered automatically, then doesn't matter if it dies.

- I think your wand could be better. It has "attacks penetrate cold res" but that doesn't help the totem damage.

- Your gloves are converting phys to lightning rather than cold. Changing to full cold conversion = 7% more DPS instantly.

- Defenses: I notice your chaos res is negative, which may be a source of some sudden deaths. Prior to big gear revision, you could swap in Atziri's Promise for one of the DPS flasks to help that a little.

Other defensive option is to drop the CWDT/Cold Snap links and replace with Enduring Cry - Urgent Orders - Second Wind so that you have that buff as well as endurance charges (as long as you remember to use the skill).

If you get "hinder enemies on hit with on spell" on an abyssal, that also helps defenses.

Lastly, and higher budget option, you could look back a page or 2 in this thread for the person who uses a shaped shield and adjusted tree to take Blood Magic (dropping Tukohama's Fortress). Then you could take Glancing Blows and have "recover #% life when you block" -- however, this is rather expensive while also having other good shield stats like +1 totems and +gem levels.

Hope that helps!
Hi!

Mate, thank you very much for your prompt answer.
Just fixed some things, i think it is much better now.
RD06702
"
Hi there! A few suggestions.

- Put the Golem into wand so it's triggered automatically, then doesn't matter if it dies.

- I think your wand could be better. It has "attacks penetrate cold res" but that doesn't help the totem damage.

- Your gloves are converting phys to lightning rather than cold. Changing to full cold conversion = 7% more DPS instantly.

- Defenses: I notice your chaos res is negative, which may be a source of some sudden deaths. Prior to big gear revision, you could swap in Atziri's Promise for one of the DPS flasks to help that a little.

Other defensive option is to drop the CWDT/Cold Snap links and replace with Enduring Cry - Urgent Orders - Second Wind so that you have that buff as well as endurance charges (as long as you remember to use the skill).

If you get "hinder enemies on hit with on spell" on an abyssal, that also helps defenses.

Lastly, and higher budget option, you could look back a page or 2 in this thread for the person who uses a shaped shield and adjusted tree to take Blood Magic (dropping Tukohama's Fortress). Then you could take Glancing Blows and have "recover #% life when you block" -- however, this is rather expensive while also having other good shield stats like +1 totems and +gem levels.

Hope that helps!

Well, this is the first week with this build, after some issues it appears that i can do whatever i'm used to do normally (Simulacrum is a bit tricky, but...).
For sure i'm captain slow, this is a reality based on my capacity to play.
There is a lack of good pieces on standard, even so i've managed to have some. Check this out: "https://pastebin.com/Rm7t9vuG".
Also, even is very promising as dps level, String of Servitute beld is very hard to use and balance the gear capabilities loss.
Now i'm progressing, to have some xp lvl.
Ty for the build concept, i'm a bit disappointed about only few players use it. And for sure on standard is not cheap.
RD06702
nvm i was using an old shield which never had mortal conviction
Last edited by Mindsmog on Aug 18, 2020, 4:05:34 PM
Hey, have you tried using the Command of the Pit unique gloves and annointing Winter Spirit instead? You lose ailment immunity but gain Divine Guidance.

Also, why aren't we taking MoM? It's 1 point on the tree and I feel like we could probably benefit from the tankiness it provides.
"
aastr wrote:
Hey, have you tried using the Command of the Pit unique gloves and annointing Winter Spirit instead? You lose ailment immunity but gain Divine Guidance.

Also, why aren't we taking MoM? It's 1 point on the tree and I feel like we could probably benefit from the tankiness it provides.

Sounds like a very different build, that cares about mana. This build has no mana because it's using Blood Magic. If you want to try out the other variant, give it a shot and report back!
"
"
aastr wrote:

Sounds like a very different build, that cares about mana. This build has no mana because it's using Blood Magic. If you want to try out the other variant, give it a shot and report back!

Planning on using this as my starter next league, I'll post results after I've gotten some currency and optimised for endgame.

My gut feeling is that taking Aul's Uprising with a rare +1 totem shield or Atziri's Reflection with Coward's legacy and Essence Worm for a level 23 Hatred is the big boi endgame.
I see that Glacial Cascade is being revamped for Heist.
I'm curious how they can make self cast GC worth it. As it stands you would have to bump self cast damage like 5X (number pulled out of my butt for illustration) to make it worth it, not to mention covering the mana costs.

Now, if they made it cover the screen with a triple prong and spawn little Cold elementals to help you attack... :D
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Sep 2, 2020, 11:12:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info