Hateful Hierophant - Glacial Cascade Totems (Aura Scaling) [Dead Build in 3.16]

"
TieJäi wrote:
"
Wissle wrote:
Am I missing something or does The Long Winter where it's put in the POB (north of Devotion) not have 40 int in radius and won't work because of that?

Does the int need to be allocate? it doesn't say that on the gem. PoB says it has 70 int in radius.

HAH, thanks for clearing that up! I thought it needs to be allocated, not just there!
Are there also radius-jewels where it needs to be ALLOCATED or is it always like that
Hi all,

Thanks again to Molok13 for the build and cheers for answering my questions earlier in the thread.

I have been going late game with this build and went a bit nuts with crafting this league. I recently made the switch over from 2x corrupted Kikazaru's to 2x crafted Crusader influenced rings, both with T1 reduction in Curse efficacy. I did this to get some more stats (ie flat life, chaos res and other dps stats) but also to get +3 min endurance charges from each piece of jewellery. I was initially concerned about survivability/QoL with 10% effect of curses but it's been fine and have found the defensive perks super nice. I also have rolled my own shield and specced into BM/Pain Attunement so I could get some more offensive stats. Not everything is perfectly rolled - ie I targeted +1 phys gems to scale GC rather than +1 cold due to ease of crafting - but I think I'm heading mostly in the right direction!

Would love to hear OP's and anyone else's thoughts on the PoB and these decisions. Link: https://pastebin.com/NSw96Lw9
Last edited by Neverevernever on Jul 14, 2020, 7:33:13 AM
"
TieJäi wrote:

Hey, love you build.

But what i don't understand, is how hatred affects the combat. Do i need to provide the Aura to my totems? How big is "18 Radius"? Is the radius increased by the aura effects we stack?

I don't think aura radius matters - totems inherit your offensive stats, so when you are affected by Hatred, so are the totems.

"
Hi all,

Thanks again to Molok13 for the build and cheers for answering my questions earlier in the thread.

Would love to hear OP's and anyone else's thoughts on the PoB and these decisions. Link: https://pastebin.com/NSw96Lw9

Damn, nice gear!! Very strong.

I feel that if you're using a shaped shield, you may also want to attempt to get Recover Life on Block shield and take Glancing Blows as that is just fantastic defensively. The Tireless wheel near there is also quite efficient for extra HP / reduced mana cost.

Given your tree, as another option I think you could even drop most everything in the Witch area and invest heavier into life nodes near Marauder (Bloodless wheel, Barbarism) and even take Soul of Steel. That plus Anointed Flesh would let you overcap resistances by +2 which is excellent defensively.

Overall looks very solid, and a good showcase of how to do the build without needing Tukohama's Fortress.
"

"
Hi all,

Damn, nice gear!! Very strong.

I feel that if you're using a shaped shield, you may also want to attempt to get Recover Life on Block shield and take Glancing Blows as that is just fantastic defensively. The Tireless wheel near there is also quite efficient for extra HP / reduced mana cost.

Given your tree, as another option I think you could even drop most everything in the Witch area and invest heavier into life nodes near Marauder (Bloodless wheel, Barbarism) and even take Soul of Steel. That plus Anointed Flesh would let you overcap resistances by +2 which is excellent defensively.

Overall looks very solid, and a good showcase of how to do the build without needing Tukohama's Fortress.

Hi again mate! Thanks for the tips. Good call on the movement to the Marauder side of the tree, has been working well, though I did need to pick up a lot of Int nodes to compensate - will work on crafting gear.

Re the glancing blows - this also works a treat with +life on block and I made a shield with it on but got unlucky and annuled off the +1 summoned totems which gimped my damage quite a bit. Will update if/when I get it sorted!
Might be stupid question, but can i convert more than 100% of physical to cold? Glacial cascade has 60 by default, if i have it on amu, weapon, gloves, i can get above 100%. Does that just keep adding, or is it capped?
"
TieJäi wrote:
Might be stupid question, but can i convert more than 100% of physical to cold? Glacial cascade has 60 by default, if i have it on amu, weapon, gloves, i can get above 100%. Does that just keep adding, or is it capped?

It is capped, no benefit to over 100%. If (you wouldn't want to, but) you did convert to multiple elements to above 100%, it's split proportionally between them.
In that case, do you have a suggestion on which slots it is best to get it? That is, where the other options are worst?

Also, you suggest doing CWDT/Bonechill/Coldsnap. But i was wondering when i actually get hit? IF i put my totems ahead of me, i either don't get hit, or from range. Now Coldsnap doesn't tell me how big the aoe is, but is it even worth it? are there no other useful gems?
"
TieJäi wrote:
In that case, do you have a suggestion on which slots it is best to get it? That is, where the other options are worst?

You can read about conversion more in the gear section. Full list of the options (I recommend #1 plus #2:)

1. Long Winter Jewel
2. Gloves, prefix mod
3. Watcher's eye with conversion while affected by hatred
4. Passive tree, nodes near Ranger
5. Some other influenced item mod? I can't remember but maybe there is. Look it up on poedb.tw if you want.

As you can see, #1 and #2 require little investment, while the others have significant tradeoffs.

"
Also, you suggest doing CWDT/Bonechill/Coldsnap. But i was wondering when i actually get hit? IF i put my totems ahead of me, i either don't get hit, or from range. Now Coldsnap doesn't tell me how big the aoe is, but is it even worth it? are there no other useful gems?

If you're running through a map at good pace, you'll just get hit incidentally. May not even be noticeable as the health regen overcomes it.

It's basically some extra potential DPS at expense of a few gem slots. If you wanted to substitute in those gems for Enduring Cry - Second Wind - Urgent Orders that is a more defensive alternative.
Also, it seems i can actually socket Long Winter twice, bringing me to 100%, how about that?

edit: On top of that, if i convert 100% to cold, will "gain x% of physical as extra cold damage (redeemer)" even work? Also, i might have missed or forgotten it from the core mechanic in the guide, but if i convert 100% of my phys into cold, does %phys on for example jewels still work? Can i look up the formula somewhere for how glacial cascade deals damage? something like
((phys dmg+added phys)*phys%)+addedcold)*cold%
Last edited by TieJäi on Jul 17, 2020, 9:59:24 PM
Sure, you could do 2x Long Winter. That does mean giving up an extra jewel socket for a mediocre 15% increased damage, when you could get like 30% damage plus cast speed on a rare jewel pretty easily. It's so simple to get 20% cold conversion on gloves...

Read the POE Wiki on damage conversion, it's moderately complicated, but the short answer to your question is yes - you still get full benefit from added/increased phys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info