Hateful Hierophant - Glacial Cascade Totems (Aura Scaling) [Dead Build in 3.16]

"
Wojtul123 wrote:
Shit this cluser jewel are quite expenive :/ i hope after this patch price drop :D

it is after patch and still expensive. Your best bet is to grab a base for 40c and craft your self.
"
pfngreen wrote:
"
Wojtul123 wrote:
Shit this cluser jewel are quite expenive :/ i hope after this patch price drop :D

it is after patch and still expensive. Your best bet is to grab a base for 40c and craft your self.

Yep, that is probably the way to go. Vengeful Commander can roll on jewels of any level (and I believe now any large jewel of ilvl > 50 comes with 2 sockets). It's a very common crafting roll so it should be pretty easy to get on both large and medium.
double post
Last edited by ThanatoZGaming on Jul 4, 2020, 12:22:14 PM
Was really hoping this was a build I could grow into, but the cost of these cluster jewels is making me hit a wall.
"
chodenode wrote:
Was really hoping this was a build I could grow into, but the cost of these cluster jewels is making me hit a wall.

Yeah, the medium clusters have gotten expensive. I'm seeing some 4-passive mediums that are craftable for about 60-75c right now.
"
chodenode wrote:

Its pretty playable with just 1 or 2 so-so clusters. I am only running two and doing red maps pretty well, both i rolled myself for less than 100C total
Hi mate, thanks for this build - this was my first time rolling Templar and I'm really enjoying the totem playstyle after an initially wobbly leveling experience. However once I switched over to GC and had two Long Winter jewels socketed, I started absolutely tearing up. I'm only 82 and already able to easily clear red maps.

Can I ask a few questions?

1- Why no second Long Winter jewel? Seems an obvious choice to further GC dmg but I haven't PoB'd it.
2- Why the general preference for jewel sockets (bar the cluster jewels) in the build over other notables ie Shamanistic Fury?

Also one observation - I played around with Shield Slam-Fortify and it didn't feel great, nor did Leap Slam as both require melee to activate the fort and thus didn't sit well with the caster playstyle. However, I would recommend using the last socket in the glove links for the new Enduring Cry - it's a great 'oh crap' button, gives excellent stats and plays nicely with Second Wind to make it be a bit spammable. I recommend giving it a shot and I will certainly have a look for places where we can get a few extra +1 max endurance charges at later levels.
Last edited by Neverevernever on Jul 5, 2020, 7:04:06 AM
"
Hi mate, thanks for this build - this was my first time rolling Templar and I'm really enjoying the totem playstyle after an initially wobbly leveling experience. However once I switched over to GC and had two Long Winter jewels socketed, I started absolutely tearing up. I'm only 82 and already able to easily clear red maps.

Can I ask a few questions?

Glad the build is working for you! Some good questions.

"
1- Why no second Long Winter jewel? Seems an obvious choice to further GC dmg but I haven't PoB'd it.

The main purpose of Long Winter is phys->cold conversion, and that can also be gotten quite cheaply on gloves. This build can benefit a lot from jewels and Long Winter is not that much damage (aside from the conversion).

"
2- Why the general preference for jewel sockets (bar the cluster jewels) in the build over other notables ie Shamanistic Fury?

Most totem passives just aren't that efficient for damage. They do add other stats like totem placement speed/totem life but the hierophant ascendancy takes care of that pretty well.

To get an idea of what you can find on jewels--

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/Y9ka8B6TY --- life, resists, damage and cast speed

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/54vL06mTa -- abyss jewels with life, damage, and cast speed or hinder

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/DVOj4PdS5 --- pure DPS, with at least 30% increased damage plus cast speed... Some for around 10-30c (at least at the time I'm writing this)

A good jewel can add 6-8% more DPS all by itself, much more efficient than most nodes on the passive tree. It also gives flexibility to cover for lacking resists, dex stats, etc.

I have the Better Trading widget installed on Chrome, I save these searches and look for jewels at a good price for my build whenever I take a break from mapping.

"
I would recommend using the last socket in the glove links for the new Enduring Cry - it's a great 'oh crap' button, gives excellent stats and plays nicely with Second Wind to make it be a bit spammable. I recommend giving it a shot and I will certainly have a look for places where we can get a few extra +1 max endurance charges at later levels.

I like the idea of Enduring Cry making endurance charges, but I dislike that it taunts enemies to target you - which seems to negate some of its defensive benefits. Personally I'd rather have +1 Minimum Endurance charges crafted on jewelry instead. But I agree it's a very strong defensive skill, putting it into the flex gem slot seems reasonable to try.
Hi, I'm leveling one now. No problems - yet :)
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but if we have already storm brand going why not use Elemental Equilibrium?
Is dps gain (if any) so insignificant?
"
EzioBF wrote:
Hi, I'm leveling one now. No problems - yet :)
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but if we have already storm brand going why not use Elemental Equilibrium?
Is dps gain (if any) so insignificant?

Totems inherit your offensive stats, so they would also have EE - sadly, it doesn't work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info