What To Expect This Year

I'm enjoying the league, it's only my second one. If the new league starts 12 weeks from harvest start does that mean Harvest will end after 10/11 weeks? (4th or 11th September?)

I'm hoping to get farther than my Delirium character (lvl 83) but I like to take my time and smell the roses, or weta seeds, as I go.
Last edited by PuffaPath on Jun 24, 2020, 10:02:04 PM
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
Good job guys. Raising the bar with every passing moment. Surprisingly enjoying this league quite a bit.

Some minor bugs here and there, vanishing assets for example, etc, but overall it was an awesome launch.

Like the new challenges too. Didn't rather enjoy Metamorph and Delirium Challenges. These ones feel slightly scaled away from too heavy rng (that orb of chance one, and the vaal side areas, to name a few, were a total pain last league I simply quit)... So, its a nice direction.

The league mechanic is really fun too, but I wonder if it will have any changes when implemented for standard. I think some extra thought should be put into this one, since we need multiple occurrences of the encounter to even progress the gardens and to collect the seeds to even begin the process etc etc etc. Might want to look into that, many of us really still enjoy standard, and Im looking forward to how this applies to it when the league ends.

Might want to balance it out. For now, the options given feel rather powerful, but we get the encounter on every map. For standard, I fear if you go down an occurrence percentage path like previous leagues, that the rewards/mechanic of the league will be not worth it at all.

Keep up the great work, and can't wait to see what is up next.

You do realise you guys keep making "bigger leagues" right? xD
I wonder how big they can get :D ...... (thats what she said)

GG, and see you in the Groves...

They already mention that this league is not going to core its just a "TEST" thats why they gave us a free stash so we dont blame them after and thats why they said it in the first place to not get excited or something
"
Glad I decided to skip this league, first one I haven't played

Your loss man. Its actually rather fun. But, each to their own I guess. I did not expect to enjoy it much myself, but I am.
"
Dragothjim wrote:
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
Good job guys. Raising the bar with every passing moment. Surprisingly enjoying this league quite a bit.

Some minor bugs here and there, vanishing assets for example, etc, but overall it was an awesome launch.

Like the new challenges too. Didn't rather enjoy Metamorph and Delirium Challenges. These ones feel slightly scaled away from too heavy rng (that orb of chance one, and the vaal side areas, to name a few, were a total pain last league I simply quit)... So, its a nice direction.

The league mechanic is really fun too, but I wonder if it will have any changes when implemented for standard. I think some extra thought should be put into this one, since we need multiple occurrences of the encounter to even progress the gardens and to collect the seeds to even begin the process etc etc etc. Might want to look into that, many of us really still enjoy standard, and Im looking forward to how this applies to it when the league ends.

Might want to balance it out. For now, the options given feel rather powerful, but we get the encounter on every map. For standard, I fear if you go down an occurrence percentage path like previous leagues, that the rewards/mechanic of the league will be not worth it at all.

They already mention that this league is not going to core its just a "TEST" thats why they gave us a free stash so we dont blame them after and thats why they said it in the first place to not get excited or something

You sure about this? The interview Chris had on the launch said they didn't know yet and they are contemplating on it. Maybe I missed some other news on this?

I sure hope this isn't true. That is a complete waste of a great mechanic if you ask me, and well, a waste of time too if I know it aint going into standard :(

Not to mention that its just... all that work for nothing? So standard aint getting anything until possibly end of next league?

Again, I hope this is not the case and they are still thinking about it.
"
PuffaPath wrote:
I'm enjoying the league, it's only my second one. If the new league starts 12 weeks from harvest start does that mean Harvest will end after 10/11 weeks? (4th or 11th September?)

I'm hoping to get farther than my Delirium character (lvl 83) but I like to take my time and smell the roses, or weta seeds, as I go.

Plenty of time. Considering Im already on my way to lvl 85. And I suck, and have been also wasting so much time in the grove just sitting there arranging things xD

So yeah, 10 weeks should be more than enough to even go beyond lvl 90 imo. Just take a weekend off aimed at simply grinding maps and pushing the tiers. Shouldn't be more than a few days.
"
Dragothjim wrote:
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:

If Im not mistaken, again, they said it can possibly break the game, and yes it is a test, but nothing was set in stone for it not going to standard. They were on the fence about it and wanted to see how it goes. After the positive feedback on it from I would argue more people than not, I don't see a reason why this test isn't a success to greenlight it for going to the core game going forward.

Anyway. I wish there was a way to clarify this. Cause if that is the case, well then I don't see me investing any more than a few weeks into this and then off to standard again. If not less.
Thank you for all your hard work GGG, looking forward to all the new stuff.

Also, your monetization model is pretty great and all but I (and probably a lot of other people) really would appreciate if you stopped adding more clutter and tabs for it. Make more mtx maybe and make it more accessible so more people would spend $ on it maybe? (Have been waiting for simple white/black feathery angel wings to buy since the closed beta and there's still none for example).
/rant
@GGG @Chris, If MACOS is in the works, does this pave the way for a LINUX client ?

I am sure there would be people who would GLADLY run POE in a native Linux Client.
GGG really messed up last league. Everyone saw how broken herald stacking was and we all waited for a response. GGG posted a statement saying it wouldn't be nerfed until the end of the league... and then 3 days later went back on that with the 'YourBuildIsGone' post. That upset a lot of people. While herald jewels were still stupid strong in the meta, GGG still wrecked the economy and wiped out a lot of wealth only ~2 weeks into the league which set a lot of players back.

Now we see outrage over the stash tab issue. I think if Harvest was more engaging maybe people would be too distracted to care.

For me, this has been 2 consecutive leagues where GGG has acted contrary to statements they've made in the past. Should players be upset? I don't see why not.

Counting on support from the community has to be earned and by that same token can be lost. As of Delirium, I decided to no longer support this company and this league has been an affirmation of that decision. Both times where GGG had let me down they had swept away any enjoyment I had in the respective league.

To all the points about 'GGG needs to make money' - at what point have individuals supported enough? Because there doesn't seem to be a limit to that and I think that's where the sentiment of greed is coming from. Give us an option right now that says 'if you support X Dollars, you're grandfathered in to all future stash tabs we release'. Imagine a free to play game where players could actually purchase a 'retail unit' to access core features of the game without repeat spending like some mobile game. The cosmetics will always be there to milk cash out of the players but functional stash tabs or the ability to list items for trade should not be a carrot at the end of a telescopic spend stick.
Please don't pull the Covid card, it's a bad excuse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info