Announcing the Blight, Metamorph and Delirium Stash Tabs

Oh. That's where all that tabs buzz originating from.

I have an idea for next League for you.

Jigsaw puzzles.

No, really. Jigsaw Puzzles. We got farming simulator and Pokemon themed leagues - why not degrade further with 3-in-a-row and jigsaw puzzles?

The Idea

To progress through League-specific content, you have to combine, let's say, 25x25 (no less, see below) puzzles.

Each puzzle piece is unique and has be placed into its proper place, like Harbinger Unique item fragments had to.

Using Conquest of Atlas scheme as example of relevant item usage x tiers distribution, let's say there will be 15 puzzles total. (4 transition puzzles + 1 boss puzzle) x three tiers.

Each puzzle is unique - so is each puzzle piece. Puzzle fragments from one puzzle are not interchangeable with fragments from any other puzzle.

Twist #1

There will be 25 * 25 * 15 = 9375 (nine thousands three hundred seventy five dammit!) absolutely unique items to gather for players.

It literally BEGS for a separate stash tab.

Each particular tab will hold only fragments from single particular puzzle, due to its size (25 * 25).
So end user will have to either buy 15 Puzzle Tab or suffer!
Aaaaaand, it can still be advertised as 'noooooo, you only need one tab!' (and priced as such. As Premium Quad tab, I guess, due to its sheer size...)

Twist #2

Do not auto-assemble puzzle pieces into complete puzzle at Puzzle Fragments tab.

Ever.

If I remember correctly, current Inventory size is 5 * 10-something and default non-premium stash tab is like 16 * 16. It won't fit whole puzzle inside!

Sooooooo, to assemble the puzzle you'll gonna buy Premium Quad Tab!

Of course it will remain completely optional and unrelated and stuff.
Because instead of actually buying Quad Premium tab and transferring all puzzle pieces for assembling in 25 * 25 = 625 clicks total, alone, the player who was foolish enough to buy such tab (or keep the loose fragments in other tabs) can ask the player who DO have Premium Quad Tab for help, bringing total quantity of clicks to assemble single puzzle to at least 25 * 25 * 3 = 1875 clicks total, together!

Imagine these poor players' cringe...

Twist #3

Make assembled puzzle's size 2 * 2 while in Map Device (because everything ends up im Map Device eventually) - and 5 * 5 everywhere else.

Did I mentioned that assembled puzzles are not stackable?

EVEN with 15 tabs for puzzle fragment keeping and 1 Quad Premium tab for puzzle assembling, you'll still need some place to store them.

It was assembled from 625 unique pieces, ladies and gentlemen, so it have to be huge!

Unfortunately, we can't make it more than 5 * 5 as it will require increazing character inventory size OR allowing sticking puzzles into Map Device from Stash (did we mentioned that you can't use assembled puzzles from Stash) since it'll reduce abovementioned cringe which will impact sales.

We will not push the idea of separate stash tabs for assembled puzzles: it's enough that puzzles will clutter usual tabs above all measure, thus stimulating getting extra space.

Bonus points for Extra Evil Ending

All text above assumes that 1 puzzle piece takes 1 * 1 cell in inventory/stash - and it caused so much frustration and compulsive purchasing already.

Imagine what will gonna happen if we'll make puzzle pieces Tetromino figure shaped.

Secret True Ending

Start with 1 * 1 puzzle piece size.

Then, spread the rumor that due to GREAT FEEDBACK and HIGH APPRECIATION from players, next League will use same mechanics - but with Tetromino figures (and double Puzzles quantity).

One League later - Pentamino (and make all current Puzzles legacy, doubling amount of Puzzle Fragment tabs prospective player needs again).

One League later - introduce Double Puzzle Tab, with effective size being 25 * 50 .

And only then...

...introduce Premium Puzzle Piece Tabs which will have puzzle pieces sorted.

You know, like Essense tab with its neat gradient x type x tier sorting.

But for puzzle.

Non-Premium tab will hold pieces from single particular puzzle assorted, requiring manual sorting, but Premium Puzzle Piece Tab will sort it for you, yessir!

(but it won't have any real impact on anything except customer's wallet at that moment since even 1 * 1 puzzle pieces are hard to keep in sorted order during Stash -> Inventory transition in batches of 50 - and even worse with pentamino-shaped pieces - and it's bound to become even less sorted during transition to Premium Double Quad Stash Tab (which, of course, will become available for purchase right before that League's start, as a matter of completely unrelated fact) for actual assembling...)

And only then, overhaul it, making current sets of puzzles Legacy and doubling amount of tabs prospecting player will gonna need!
The only reliable way to stop the epidemy is to eliminate even slightest chance to have a contact with contagious person/thing/creature/whatever.
Last edited by EustaceClarenceScrubb on Jun 28, 2020, 5:31:29 AM
"
TekZappa wrote:
This is absolutly bullshit!

1- I already bought a fragment tab, why cant i put those fragments there?

2- I already bought a currency tab, why cant i put those currencies there?

3 -I already bought a map tab, why cant i put those blight maps there?

I'm getting tired of this...

This 100x

And it's pouring salt on the gaping wound that there is still no place for breachstones. Honestly, refund or exchange blight tab for a prophecy tab, and put the blight stuff in the currency/frag/map tab where the items belong.
"

Jigsaw puzzles.

No, really. Jigsaw Puzzles. We got farming simulator and Pokemon themed leagues - why not degrade further with 3-in-a-row and jigsaw puzzles?

The old RYL/Return of Warrior game uses a tetris based inventory system. They actually have something like with pieces you can combine in your inventory to complete a puzzle. Quite cool honestly
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Bought the discount pack on this, not worth. Mistakes were made. Totally useless bag spaces. Buy a quad stash instead.
"
TekZappa wrote:
This is absolutly bullshit!

1- I already bought a fragment tab, why cant i put those fragments there?

2- I already bought a currency tab, why cant i put those currencies there?

3 -I already bought a map tab, why cant i put those blight maps there?

I'm getting tired of this...

You told us these tabs would be updated to include new things, why did you lie to us?
Last edited by j33bus on Jul 5, 2020, 1:50:06 AM
when you put enough money on the table, a company that loved their game once eventually loves the money.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info