[3.12] Aziire's Earthshatter Juggernaut - Screenwide Slamming! | League Starter

why is everyone switching over to Axes?
DUDE...incredibly well made! thx so much i'd definitely try this build out next (will be my second char!)
"
CeeJayPwnage wrote:
So also killed uber elder, Sirus A8 etc.

The one thing that sticks out is uber Atziri, terrible fight anyway so I dont mind too much.

There's a bit of physical damage reflect mitigation towards the middle of the skill forest, across from one of the jewel nodes. You can temporarily re-spec into that, and also the Soul of Yugul I believe, for about 85% physical damage reflection mitigation in total. Add 10% more from a jewel implicit and I was able to do Uber Atziri with about 3 deaths (to Flameblast).

I assume it's the reflect that was stopping you, as it was for me.
"
Devilking5 wrote:
why is everyone switching over to Axes?

even coming from a marohi erqi i tripled my dps just due to switching to an axe. its the mixture of more crit + more attack speed.
Spent a while updating and respeccing my character. (got thread of hope - thanks Barooky) Damage is amazing - still feel a little squishy though. Down to 5k health - Do i need better Maximum life stats on my gear?

"
even coming from a marohi erqi i tripled my dps just due to switching to an axe. its the mixture of more crit + more attack speed.

I thought so too but when i switch to an axe in PoB the combined Dps just goes down significantly, do u need an extremely well crafted rare axe or am i missing something. I even changed the tree a bit to make it more suitable for axes
DPS doesn't really matter with this build - it's centered around Fist of War and war cries, so when you do lot's of unenhanced hits they don't do much.

So the damage per hit is the most important thing (and criting this Fist of War hit helps, too). A well timed FOW 5th seismic cry inti cry hit that crits, and then explode this.

I haven't checked so far - is it still possible to craft Fortify on a Elder weapon? This should give a good damage boost, since it would open a 7th slot for a good additional damage gem.
"
DPS doesn't really matter with this build - it's centered around Fist of War and war cries, so when you do lot's of unenhanced hits they don't do much.

So the damage per hit is the most important thing (and criting this Fist of War hit helps, too). A well timed FOW 5th seismic cry inti cry hit that crits, and then explode this.

But doesnt switching to an axe give more attack speed but less damage per hit and maces have low attack speed but high damage per hit

So by ur logic wouldnt the mace be better?

I just dont wanna 6 link the wrong weapon so i am just making sure
"
Devilking5 wrote:
"

But doesnt switching to an axe give more attack speed but less damage per hit and maces have low attack speed but high damage per hit

So by ur logic wouldnt the mace be better?

I just dont wanna 6 link the wrong weapon so i am just making sure

Couple of considerations to make on attack speed. One is that if you're using Leap Slam, you can move around faster and complete maps more quickly. Two is that a slower attack speed means a more sluggish attack animation, which can be a pain during a boss fight where simply being tanky won't save you from certain boss abilities and you need to balance attacking with moving.

Personally, what I got out of the switch to axes was a good map clearing speed, and the ability to do bosses comfortably, not having to really compromise on either.
Another thing for going axes is crit - if you don't want crit maces are better I think.

And a critting axe hit is much more damage than a non crit with a mace, despite a 20% higher base damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info