Development Manifesto: Game Balance in Path of Exile: Harvest

"
Xenombra wrote:
It make me smile to see people cry when don't see the number change and didn't try how the game will feel with those change. Most people cry that the build they use is broken, but can you try something else? Always doing the same thing over and over might be boring at some point.

Why did you quite PoE?
It was boring always doing the same thing...
Did you try an other build?
No I don't want to change, my build is op and I'm rich.
Why not? You are bore anyway?
Cry cry... I don't want... Cry cry!
Ok Snowflake, go back to play Diablo 3!

totally agree!
Last edited by Zanazel on Jun 16, 2020, 7:50:36 PM
"
nGio wrote:

[Removed by Support]

The biggest "problem" of poe is that most players don't make their own build.
Meaning that they will all follow builds of good players (usually streamers)
So when 99% of streamers make the same kind of builds (example cyclone) then a lot of players will play those build.

So in order to make players play other builds they nerf the OP / meta build to force the build makers to make other kind of builds.
Last edited by Kali_GGG on Jun 17, 2020, 9:00:17 AM
I have read through about 40ish pages of this topic, still many complains, many supports. Maybe 60%/40% or 50%/50% ratio

No game is perfect.
"
Zanazel wrote:
"
Xenombra wrote:
It make me smile to see people cry when don't see the number change and didn't try how the game will feel with those change. Most people cry that the build they use is broken, but can you try something else? Always doing the same thing over and over might be boring at some point.

Why did you quite PoE?

Exactly!

This is pretty much how sadist person express him self. Guys like you hinders the progress what game can be, diverse and full of possibilities. But you like trash anyone who complain about balance philosophy GGG is lacking. Saying everything is fine and every one is wrong is just dead end alleyway that lead nowhere.
i obtained a Headhunter every league since 2.5...so since 3,5 years...

to be true here... it was the only thing that kept me playing longer then 4 weeks every league...
cause it took some time to achieve and had some fun later...

if HH is rly gone now, a huge part of the game is also gone for me...

if you play alot, like i do and many more... after 4 weeks you already went through 3-4 "maxed out" builds... and did all new content like 2753 times...

im disappointed to see GGG wants to see HH playstyle to die...
it already got a nerf in delirium and now with harvest the next nerf comes...
"
nGio wrote:

[Removed by Support]

Yea it's amazing how many low achieving nerf- & powercreep experts we have here that haven't gotten past low 90s in their 7 year PoE history, never done Simulacrum (or completed it), never done 100% delirium guardians, never killed UE, but they sure are going to tell us to git gud if we have any opinions on game changes. Hilarious crabs in a bucket.
Last edited by Kali_GGG on Jun 17, 2020, 9:00:46 AM
"
Igolac wrote:
"
nGio wrote:

[Removed by Support]

The biggest "problem" of poe is that most players don't make their own build.
Meaning that they will all follow builds of good players (usually streamers)
So when 99% of streamers make the same kind of builds (example cyclone) then a lot of players will play those build.

So in order to make players play other builds they nerf the OP / meta build to force the build makers to make other kind of builds.

But if they continued to buff abilities, while leaving Winter Orb, melee builds, Zombies, etc powerful, then there would be more builds to choose from. I'd still be playing ST if it didn't eat 3 consecutive patches of nerfs. People will always gravitate towards powerful builds, because that's the fun and fantasy of the genre.

People get genres confused. Power Creep has become a negative term, but it was the reason why D2 was such a great game. Arpgs have low skill ceilings, and the only difficulty that can be added are more telegraphed attacks to dodge. Adjusting numbers doesn't make it any more or less difficult. I personally consider someone who "grinds efficiently" as a 'good player' in an arpg.

Hack n slash is supposed to be a chill alternative to pvp. Back in the day, friends would play SC for the stress inducing pvp, then hop back to D2 for some chill n grind. We have plenty of games that are ruled by nerf hammers, apms, and lessons in humility. Every game doesn't have to be bastardized into some self suffering esport wannabe.

The hardcore craziness of arpgs is the willingness to grind for countless hours, not to make 'BiG LC$ PlaYZ'. New gen gamers are conditioned for this, and have no idea that D2 was an absolute faceroll, but kept our attention for a decade.
Forum probation for calling someone a 'troll', so I lifetime banned myself from spending money on PoE.
Last edited by nGio on Jun 16, 2020, 8:19:51 PM
"
Xenombra wrote:

Why did you quite PoE?

thats not the truth...
its not complaining cause some ppl want to play op builds or want to get rich...

if a guy...like me...like to play a specific archetype of builds...like bow builds and i am getting forced to play something else cause bow builds mostly eather can kill bosses or can farm nice but getting this together is mostly not possible... except i invest a STUPID amount of currency while other builds doing the same with an investment of 100c...

and if i want to farm good while also doing all bosses...im getting forced to play something else im not interested in or having less fun...

i rly dislike playing melee builds... i just hate it to run to every pack and smash a melee attack like a retard...

so i am forced to eather play a ranged spell build or a summoner cause the minions run for me and smash like retards... :P

and this is since MANY leagues... even if one of the last leagues was mentioned a "bow league" (which was a complete flop) bows are still in a bad spot if not the worst now with the upcomming 2h changes even if we had a league that should have brought bows into a better spot...

im not crying myself...i learned to live with this inbalance of the builds...

on the other hand you cant expect other ppl to play something they dont want to play just because you, by yourself, dont have any prob to play something different...

u cant force ppl to do something they dont want...
so i kinda understand of someone is disappointed
Last edited by Patte505 on Jun 16, 2020, 8:41:15 PM
Please keep in mind that some unique items like Rigwald's Curse have lost potential since the introduction of oils into the core game.

Corruption prevents from annointing items, so now it is almost useless. I believe most talismans (if not all of them) should be reworked.
waiting for patch note
Last edited by brianabcd on Jun 16, 2020, 8:25:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info