Development Manifesto: Game Balance in Path of Exile: Harvest

"
GGG pls test more before release and prepare servers more for start and also dont be scared to nerf broken or very strong and buff weak and very useless stuff pls!

Do not worry little beast.
<*)))><
This is a disappointment for my nerfed cyclone dual-wielder character -- really the first powerful build I've made since I've started playing. Let's just say it's not fun when this happens, and that makes the point perfectly.
Brands took it HARD in this balance manifesto. It's cool you added some new options there, but ... Reduced duration (more like mines/traps/totems), no post-kill attachment behavior (more like mines/traps/totems), no refresh (more like mines/traps/totems), frequent recast necessary going forward (more like mines/traps/totems). I played brands prior to Delirium and it's lame to see GGG gut the entire play style rather than tuning problematic interactions that they themselves introduced only recently. It is not better to make the game have less variety in play styles.

I'm 100% on board with nerfs to the OPness of brands, nerfs to archmage, limitations on Fevered Minds... I am severely underwhelmed by the hacksaw taken to brand play style in the name of reducing passivity. I feel like reduction in play styles and homogenization to make previously unique options feel like other existing ones instead encourages developer passivity. It's inconsistent at best, minions aren't having to constantly cast at every pack and they get the benefit of having a ton of HP between the enemies and them too.

I had hoped to start arcanist brand but I'll be keeping a switch into totems at the forefront of my mind as I evaluate whether the new 3.11 brands play style is still fun.
GGG u are doing great, thats for all the hard work you put in this game. Like all balance changes, new league - new ways to play it, not like go all the same boring or imbalanced builds every league.
I love how GGG gives us effectively zero time with the patch notes to process changes, while favored streamers get all the data and even chances to play the league.

The level of complexity here still forces an infinite wrong, few right, choices model.

We're still going to be punished for not playing the meta, but since the trend is to nerf everything GGG lays eyes on, that meta is NEVER what it's stated to be. (It will not be brands or war crys or melee two hand etc.)

The meta always ends up being some version of zoomy zoom pay to win trader build. If not an actual ranger than that exact play style.

The best defense is always DPS and range and movement speed, this is forced by the one shot kill design of the entire population of content.

Basically the game has become so convoluted as to be as random and worthless as rares.

And even if I do magically select a "right" build, it will just be nerfed next league.

Every build I've ever enjoyed has been comprehensively hammered into uselessness. And every league they make it harder and harder to clone builds proven to be working.

Especially with cluster jewels. I now need to copy a build about a dozen perfectly constructed rares. And now 5 labs? 3 completes for each map plus reruns for map drops? Jesus.

I'm still addicted to this game in a way but the quality has gotten so bad it's very nearly a forced weening.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Last edited by Innomen on Jun 16, 2020, 1:42:25 PM
If GGG has to nerf things like Archmage so epicly after one league, doesn't that suggest they got the numbers radically wrong in their last manifesto/3.10 patch?
Forcing people to play the newest meta each league is the definition of imbalanced.
Glad I don't ever play melee or Storm Brand. Wreck some builds for little reason, but don't worry, Spellslinger VD Necro will still shit all over all content for "too little investment". Imba BS.
"
Suriv9 wrote:
Dear GGG. Not everyone wants to play the league every time and create new builds all the time. Some people just want to play a successful build and have fun.

You've literally destroyed just about every character I've had fun playing... now I have to repec to your stat-destroying "balancing" act...

No, just no. I've spent a decent amount of $$$ in your game... but not another single dollar will you get. What good is my continuing to support you when you don't support me?

NO.

#FACTS I wish I could get refunded the thousands of dollars I spent on this game... I have lost all interest to play this game once these changes are in effect. I would say about 18 of my characters have been destroyed, including my ice crash build which was supposed to be buffed this league but instead destroyed...
"
Setasuna wrote:

Ranger is the worst and least popular class lol

Actually, Ranger is right in the middle. Deadeye and pathfinder are usually in the top 6 of the most played classes, only raider falls short.

The last places of played classes are usually duelist and marauder ascendancy.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Every single time there's some broken mistake that makes it to live players do the same thing: Pretend like it was intended, exploit the shit out of it, then angrily freak out on the forums when it's brought in line with everything else. Kind of funny how often that cycle repeats.
After 3 bad leagues, this manifesto did it for me. Bye Chris and rest of ur bad staff. Cant properly balance the game for 7 years now. Embarassing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info