Announcing Path of Exile: Harvest

"
DiabloPLUS wrote:
It's not only the problem that some players have not enough time to reach some stuff. A lot of players are not good enough for this. A friend , who is one of the CASUALS, reached SIRUS after one week with a storm brand build. Everyone with some brain can do this with starter meta builds.

The same topic, like in Diablo 3.

Thats a huge problem imo, what you just said, "starter and meta builds"...
Some people play an arpg like an arpg and not a moba or whatever else.
One of the fundamental foundations to an arpg is discovering and making your own builds, further more adding to the ROLE PLAYING experience of making characters and making your own choices for how you want to play.

Its not a lack of "some brain" if some people don't metawh#re xD
Its an outright refusal cause some of us want to actually enjoy the game.

Its like having that annoying cousin sitting with you and as you are trying to play a new game they are always up your ass "oh, and you can do this, and oh, you can do this, and oh, you can do this bow build!"... "But I want to play with a bloody hammer!"... "Hammers suck, do a bow build!"
mmmm. much fun.

It amuses me that people actually simulate this experience by going out there to look for it on their own online :P
I personally do not know what to think of this league.

I am conflicted.

On the one hand, the setting is really not doing it for me, at all. Especially after Delirium. Which I would argue is my favourite setting and theme so far in PoE. I absolutely loved it. And loved it even more when the fog and enemy visibility was even less at the start of the league. So atmospheric, so fitting.

Now we are doing like, this weird, Native American kind of Karui theme. I almost expect them to start talking about spirit animals in this at some point.

Which is not a bad theme on itself. I just don't see how it is something I can warm up to in the world of PoE.

Also don't know how I feel about the mechanic of it. The crafting looks interesting, but if I understood right, you have a "window" to craft in after you grow the animals or some crap (until the instance resets, and uses your portals, as in, its accessible/open during a map only???)?

Yeah, idk how I feel about the way that was explained. Its not like I can just collect recipes/items (like Fossils, Essences, and Beasts) and then go on a crafting spree when I am ready or want to. Which kinda makes the very interesting crafting element to it rather pointless to me personally.

On the other hand, it does look like an interesting crafting element, and maybe it works out nicely. Who knows.

I am however very excited that slams two handers and warcries got a "buff/rework" whatever, and that Rage got some love along with some passive additions! I can't wait for that, I am so hyped to see what I can to with my Raging Zerker now.

So yeah, very conflicted with this league announcement atm.
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
"
DiabloPLUS wrote:
It's not only the problem that some players have not enough time to reach some stuff. A lot of players are not good enough for this. A friend , who is one of the CASUALS, reached SIRUS after one week with a storm brand build. Everyone with some brain can do this with starter meta builds.

The same topic, like in Diablo 3.

Just relax,play and enjoy the game. don't make it too complicated!
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
Wow they are deleting posts. Interesting, the opinion posts were not attacking and getting deleted just because they don't have an opinion that GGG likes? Wow.

Yeah, this is a new development over the past couple weeks/months.

I see it as a watershed moment for the company (and not in a good way), though I doubt many others recognize it as such, and I expect it will soon be taken for granted and people will forget the days GGG welcomed (well, at least permitted) all feedback, even feedback that calls them out on their mistakes and flaws.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Drakaris wrote:

Once again we hit the complete lack of balance between the very small amount of extremely hardcore players against the rest "normal" players who for some reasons the elitists call "casuals" because they play "only" like 6-8 hours a day, that's considered casual for some reason, damn normies.

If you play 6 - 8 hours per day and you don't get to see endgame or pretty much do everything you want, it is not because of the game. Either you play a bazillion of different chars (like I do) or you do not play but just have the game running while complaining on a forum, watching YouTube or Twitch (like I do).

Farmvile in PoE :D interesting
I haven't read all 25 pages yet, but the Insatiable Malice armor set makes you look like Bolvar Fordragon from world of warcraft after the lich king fight.
This is getting repetitive.
Wow guys, Every, just every topic is full of the same crap :D

There are really group of players, crying that:

1-st - This game is too fast, i do not want to have zoom zoom build, received not zoom zoom league - ohhhh it's crap, i want to play in ARPG, where A means ACTION!!!
2-nd - This is very complicated game for casuals - i cannot finish this game, game should be passed with any 3 link build for 10 chaos equipment in 50 hours of gameplay, then when GGG makes some broken mechanics - AHHHH this is BROKEN BUILD, GGG should nerf it!!!
3-rd - Ahhh - the craft is too complicated, we want to click 1 button, and receive the mirror tier equipment, with full 6 T1 affixes what we need.

Really guys, maybe ARPG is not for you?

Or just maybe just the games becomes too casual, and you have not heard about hardcore, when in 2004-2006 there was Lineage 2 MMORPG, where you where you were farming 10% on the level for 2 days, and died once - and lost all the exp of 2 days :)

About the topic - i'm quite interested how it will be, i just want to ask to make with this pieces the same, what you have done with metamorph - autopick up of this parts on the maps, not to loose time on that.
hell yeah baby! i'll finally have my own garden lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info