Announcing Path of Exile: Harvest

"
aspirine wrote:
Hmm force people into crafting, no thanks. Not my kinda league.

Same here.

Crafting is just for the top 0.5% of the players.

Thank you GGG. You win.
"
Setasuna wrote:
"
aspirine wrote:

Same here.

Thank you GGG. You win.

Totally agreed. Crafting takes an inordinate amount of time gathering prereqs, then it's soooooo much fun to watch all the time invested go up in smoke in a vain attempt to make something someone might actually trade you a few chaos for. Meh.

There's already too much crafting in the game. What, 5+ ways of crafting. All that residual, left-over content from previous leagues. You'd think they'd actually try to find a way to reconfigure crafting into a unified system, and let the legacy techniques be rebuilt to add value to that new crafting system.

As it is now, a new player has to study for hours/days just to figure out what the heck is going on - sort of like classwork and not really a game. If GGG wants to bring back players (or bring in new ones), it might help if the game was actually something you PLAYED instead of something you RESEARCHED...

There's already way toooooo much time spent NOT playing the game. GGG needs to find ways to let you play the game more, and spend less time on the non-playing features.
"
dyneol wrote:
"
Maelstromicus wrote:
All of these "removed"s have exclusively been on one side of this "debate". That in itself tells its own story.

Knights can only wear white in here. Batman beware... (obscure reference, I know)

Sorry to burst your bubble...

That's OK my friend, no bubbles burst or injured by you at all. I know that you crusaders on the side of right always take care not to injure any innocent bystanders. Best of luck with your crusade :) One day I'm sure that all those brownie points will pay off handsomely...
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
As interesting as the league content looks on an initial look, the excesive ammounts of crafting that exists is honestly overwhelming.
I know some will play this league and other's will try it out, like me. But I'm probably going to skip this league since I won't be missed lol anyway....3 month break is a long break to find something else. This league almost seems like a filler to me, really nothing new but a rehash of previous leagues and same ol mechanics (one shot anyone). POE2 is a long way off. That candle is getting dim.
"
Haverhill wrote:
"
Setasuna wrote:

Same here.

Thank you GGG. You win.

Totally agreed. Crafting takes an inordinate amount of time gathering prereqs, then it's soooooo much fun to watch all the time invested go up in smoke in a vain attempt to make something someone might actually trade you a few chaos for. Meh.

There's already too much crafting in the game. What, 5+ ways of crafting. All that residual, left-over content from previous leagues. You'd think they'd actually try to find a way to reconfigure crafting into a unified system, and let the legacy techniques be rebuilt to add value to that new crafting system.

As it is now, a new player has to study for hours/days just to figure out what the heck is going on - sort of like classwork and not really a game. If GGG wants to bring back players (or bring in new ones), it might help if the game was actually something you PLAYED instead of something you RESEARCHED...

There's already way toooooo much time spent NOT playing the game. GGG needs to find ways to let you play the game more, and spend less time on the non-playing features.

Crafting is part of the game and still if you don't like it, you don't have to do it. You can trade for items instead of crafting them yourself. GGG has in general a good systems in place. There are certainly things that could be better, there are loose ends (essences...), but the current systems gives you freedom to go as deep or as shallow as you want.

Additionally, the system in harvest is pretty much exactly what you request. A system that is easier to use, which you do not have to study for hours, as you see directly in game what you get. I'm honestly surprised that so many players are apparently unable to look at that system and realize how much potential they get and how little input and research is required.

And yes, of course, if you want to use this system to its fullest, you will have to do some research, you will have to think about what you are doing and how. And I'd argue that's a good thing. You can't have longevity of a game without any form of complexity. Even a game like LoL or Hearthstone needs some time to learn it and even more to dive into the complexities beneath the surface.

(All that's not to say, that there are not quite a few things that could be changed in PoE to make it more accessible and easier understood. Though my feeling is that with the last leagues GGG is testing the waters with many mechanics, getting a feel what works with their playerbase and what not. I'd wager a guess that some of that is in order to gauge how to implement certain aspects of the game in PoE2.)
"
Setasuna wrote:
"
aspirine wrote:

Same here.

Thank you GGG. You win.

Saying this is rly sad. The crafting system is not for "only the 0.5% of the players". It is for everyone and that crafting system with Harvest League is not even complicated at all. Not giving crafting a chance is for sure your mistake. It´s a part of the game and like in every game you have to learn it to use it. If you don´t wanna craft its fine but saying something like it´s for the top players only is just a bad excuse.
I really really hate crafting lol,... that being said I will give this a chance but if it takes multiples guides to figure out, yikes.... I will just farm I guess and try to buy good things that other people craft. Seems like a very specific thing that very few people understand or do "right" or even decent but it's worth a shot I guess.

I don't really want to study multiple websites to figure out the RNG chances of rolling X modifiers etc.... it's just too much thinking for a game like this for me.

If it's complicated crafting, then I guess it will just be like playing any other league just no new content? New economy I guess haha. I will be incredibly surprised if I can craft anything that I will actually use, even while leveling through the acts.
"
Warrior86 wrote:
Week off work booked - Check
Excited for new league - Check
Forum full or moaning little bitches - Check

Self important tryhards that can't proof-read - Check
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
nice BUT pls GGG change lab ladder reward system to something else!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info