Announcing Path of Exile: Harvest

thought we got at least the june to play delirium.

why didn't you take more time for the new league?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
AbilityPoints wrote:
Hmm looks like this will be the first league i will skip. sad.

Don't judge a book on the cover.
In GGG we have faith !
I like the atmosphere of this new league for sure ! Darkness and flashy lights !!
"
vio wrote:
thought we got at least the june to play delirium.

why didn't you take more time for the new league?

The first month will be for fixes and improvements, is it the first league you play ? [/sarcasm ;)]
Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Jun 2, 2020, 6:19:15 PM
Oh man, I like the colors, but I went 40/40 last league. do I wanna take a league break?
Let's see farming mechanincs. Absolutly boring. I believe that people who play PoE (and i mean play, not those who just treat it like a trade simulator) play it kill monsters, get loot and have some fun in the process, not to build elaborate factorio meets farmville systems which they will be forced to build or miss out on the good content.

Then looking at what the farmtorio brings, it's just crafting and from the little I saw, I saw nothing that was even mildly interesting to say the least. It is still ridiculous levels of RNG to try to obtain something good. Suffice to say that the average player will never craft anything decent out of it or maybe just the one item in the middle of all the trash. GGG still hasn't understood that if crafting cannot in a realatively simple and cheap way make really good items, then it is a system that 1% of the players will use.

Looking at the current skill reveals... I dunno, I don't like melee, I don't like brand skills either (although the one that casts linked spells has me intrigued, then again so did the wand skill casting and it was downright garbage). On top of that, PoE has been getting harder and harder every single league since Delve and it doesn't looks like it's about to change anytime soon. At very least they didn't announce something that just straight up, out of the gate gives more power to the players or nerfs to the enemies.

But at least there is one good news in the middle of all of this. It's not a streamer dedicated league with BS timers. But for me, not even gonna give it a chance. Farmtorio is BS and I don't want to have to take a degree in engineering just to make the perfect farmtorio. It's a crafting league so that automaticaly makes the league mechanics unappealing and last but not least, they still aren't looking out for the average player and instead keep pushing content for the 1% of the playerbase.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Personally the last few leagues have been great, Metamorph was great after they fixed the organ drops to auto pick up, Delirium was great and got a ton of value/ enjoyment out of that once they changed some on death effects and colors (those who are complaining on lag, just Lol) But also the fact they are doing a new system to help aka Vulkan which i've seen positive reviews but havent tried it yet.

And now people complaining on farmville, first glance im personally all for trying something new. So before you go full skip mode, try it before you knock it, or don't and play something else, Enjoy. And apparently most of you havent even noticed some of the ultra powerful crafting options to turn those what should have been god rolled items, into fully god rolled items such as changing cold damage to a different type of the same tier.

As for the supporter packs, I agree, I think the armor looks awesome, but the color pallets were wrong. We've already had a Divine theme before and an infernal theme before, I feel like the color's should be shaded to fit this new league. Such as a bluish/ greenish tint with small hints of purple. But just my take.

Interested on the new Lab release

Interested in the skill overhauls

As for delirium going core, I think we need a new inventory tab that auto picks up splinters/League Items to remove clutter from both the stashes as well as the ground. Yes this is an action RPG, But since splinters were introduced in, I believe Harbringer, this is such a large ammount of extra clicking and picking up instead of playing the game. This doesn't take away from the Action RPG experience by vacuuming fragments while playing. Full currency drops are fine to keep droping as well as gear. But the one thing i'm tired of is the volcano erruption of loot, spending 15 minutes clicking over and over again, on fragments. The other solution to this is, instead of dropping like 15-20 piles of fragments that are the same item type from the harbringer map from each pillar in the boss room, drop 5 each with a range of 1-10 lets say Alteration fragments instead of 10 individual Alteration fragments that people have to mass click.

This is a pretty reasonable request because the more you guys keep releasing in terms of leagues and more clutter that gets involved, new quality of life improvements need to be made to not burn out the players on time spent picking up loot vs playing the game. And yes thats what filters are for. I get that, but even with filters, even the strict filters, theres a crap ton of loot. My two cents.
After seeing the trailer I can only think of that it's time for GGG to go full throttle on POE 2.0.

This is not going to work out anymore. Too many league specifics tailored together as rags.

Wishlist:
- Get rid of the idiotic movement speed differences
- Remove the 1 tap destroy whole screen
- Go back to your RPG roots, its now pure Action
- Get rid of the old league mechanics/items (hey you Talisman!)
- Redesign your loot system. A lootfilter is not a solution! (it's the same as taking a dump and put the seat down without flushing).
- Redesign your multiplayer and give people a reason and joy to play together
- Implement multiple end game systems where it's not all about Maps.

Etc.

Gl with poe2.0!

PS for the love of god. Give some attention to the HC community!
Last edited by mrmarcus on Jun 2, 2020, 6:30:23 PM
No word on challenge rewards? Completely unrelated supporter packs. Another love letter to the merchant's speedrunning guild. (More seeds more money.) Cluster jewels forever walled behind Delirium going core. Another layer of map RNG investment required just to break even.

/sigh

The economy here is clearly intentionally designed to sharply stratify the player base and punish anyone not minmaxing and trade exploiting 24/7.

I guess that's part of the appeal to the monied irl people they are targeting. A 0.1%er fantasy world where wealth is the ultimate virtue (signal.)

/sigh

Having systematically nerfed every build I enjoyed, and gutted every income stream that didn't require running a pawnshop and a trade macro, and so far introduced nothing that might lure me back, it's hard to imagine I'll get very far in this league, or play poe much at all. Since standard is a hot mess thanks to intentionally broken trade and tabs.

And holy shit, MORE lab chores?! Just no. What's that up to now 5 times plus RNG trials?
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Last edited by Innomen on Jun 2, 2020, 6:33:44 PM
I knew it! I mean, we knew there will be farming in this game in the future for few leagues now, but just today I said: "first farmville, next minecraft!" and we got the first one already! Also, I predicted apocalypse league (synthesis mechanic with world eating itself behind you) and am so proud of myself! That means GGG's minds and mine are in sync and PoE is even more perfect than I thought.

People will hate, but people love to hate before they experience or get to know. I have some worries but I want to try it first, colors are really pretty and Oshabi seems badass.

NOW LET'S WAIT.
Smile! <3
So... replacing a badass league with farming simulator, great choice!!!

"Plant seeds and grow them into beautiful crops..." awesome, can't wait to play :-|.

Guess it was time to start playing on Standard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info