Elephant in the room !!!!

PoE is ever a learning experience. Part of what makes it so great is the ability for a different event to one shot you and learning how to make sure those one shots happen less and less.
"
Solsora wrote:
PoE is ever a learning experience. Part of what makes it so great is the ability for a different event to one shot you and learning how to make sure those one shots happen less and less.

Those rare moments when you know what one-shot you and why are indeed a good learning experience. They happen about 10% of the time for me personally. And that's a generous estimate.

The other 90%+ of the time I just shrug and go, "That's GGG for ya." Which is exactly what I do when I encounter bugs (or other issues which demonstrate a lack of playtesting/QA) as well.

Players and monsters one-shot each other because GGG's current dev team is not capable of balancing damage and sustain, and because they are married to the idea of using cheese and shitty visibility as a poor stand-in for genuine challenge. Thus the elephant isn't leaving the room, not even when 4.0 hits. Those who believe otherwise are not recognizing the true source of the problem.
Wash your hands, Exile!
To get rid of the Syndicate Ambush lag you need:

1. < 100 ms latency to the PoE realm with none to few times of lag spikes.
2. 8 core cpu > 3.0 GHz (preferably multi-threaded for 16 code threads to run on).
    Throw away the GGG "official" hardware requirements. A 4 core cpu isn't enough anymore.
3. >= 16 GB of ram.
4. SSD (and preferably an NVMe SSD). This is essential to have.
5. Geforce 1050 and up GPU or AMD equivalent.
6. Windows 10 (PoE multi-tasks much better on Win 10 than 8.1 or 7).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
KaiserBlade42 wrote:
"
yamface wrote:
You have this backwards.

He is only technically correct, but his point is absolutely worthless in application.

Minotaur has part of his damage converted to lightning. Wonderful, how helpful. Except his physical damage numbers were over-compensated because of that. The lightning damage is nothing more than a thematic addition to the fight, almost all of his damage done to you is still physical and it's still lethal.

It doesn't help the raider's situation at all.

Agree!!

this 1 hit killin problem is surly a tecnical issue, it has to do with mecanics and balance, at this moment i cant realy feel theres any of these things in game, and this is hack and slash.

Arcade games has a different mecanics, player get 1 hit killing but he alredy knows that game is arcade and any mistake is a certain death.

hack and slash is a different way, game proveids resources, to survive not only to do masivee damage. aparently these resources are ignored in PoE.

Can you at least reveal the syndicate member that killed you? That would be much more helpful in this discussion.

maybe was Erlon.. or the girl of breach thing ... i cant remeber her name. one of those.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
To get rid of the Syndicate Ambush lag you need:

1. < 100 ms latency to the PoE realm with none to few times of lag spikes.
2. 8 core cpu > 3.0 GHz (preferably multi-threaded for 16 code threads to run on).
    Throw away the GGG "official" hardware requirements. A 4 core cpu isn't enough anymore.
3. >= 16 GB of ram.
4. SSD (and preferably an NVMe SSD). This is essential to have.
5. Geforce 1050 and up GPU or AMD equivalent.
6. Windows 10 (PoE multi-tasks much better on Win 10 than 8.1 or 7).

Somehow they don't lag for me on stock frequency i5-4570, 12 ram, gf1060 and regular sata ssd.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
"
KaiserBlade42 wrote:
nicely playing with a Raider level 94... realy sick char, enemies fall one by one with no doubts.

every thing is fine, until you do damn sindicate thing....

man, if u see that shit.

sometimes i realy get confused with game combat mecanics, (in fact if they exist). i mean who do more damage? a sindicate spawn or guardian of minotaur?

seriously, i stoped there, I took a drag on the cigarette and took a sip of coffee, and i realized that iam completly confused.

even the guardian of minotaur cant get me 1 hit killing, how the hell that shitty sindicate spawn shot me once and PUFFF!!

seriously what is your problem GGG?

I keep thinking about a simple encounter with this type of enemy in the game, it's very confusing, the guy in a T16 map simple apear hit you once and kill you .... are you realy call that a challenge, I really have even more doubts the degree of intelligence of a person who calls it a challenge. the fact is not about XP lost, cuz am not leveling, because your wonderful T16 maps do not provide me with enough XP to keep leveling, but resuming the logic, because the char dies in this type of encounter, which in fact represents a tremendous flaw, or do you really know that but it doesn’t interest you?
this is disregard.

what is your problem ???????

Their problem is that they do not like you face rolling content easily and get bored with their game so they will employ very cheap tactics/strategy to kill you, reminding you that there is always something that will kill you and that you're not immortal. In this way, you will strive for ways to improve your character by playing the game more.

Let me tell you some instances of cheap killing...

1) off screen 1 shot
2) disabling your movement skill on purpose on the most critical moment ( you became stuck and unable to cast spells)
3) instant degen kill and you can't even react (such as 1 shotting ignite or chaos degen)

and many more cheap ways of killing including the "on-purpose lag" during syndicate spawn to kill you. I say it is on purpose because there's nothing in this game that really lag so much to the extend that you cannot react in time EXCEPT for syndicate spawn and sirus shitty environmental effects before and during the fight.

Last edited by YoursTruly86 on Jun 2, 2020, 3:23:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info