3.10.2 Patch with Beta of Vulkan Renderer

First of all , nice work GGG!. This is the patch that I'm been waiting for. I'm so happy to see Vulkan.

I can see the difference using Vulkan, it's much smoother, my pc don't get frozen for .5 second sometimes anymore. However, me and my brother tried a simulacrum out. Everything was great and smooth until the bosses spawned. Our FPS dropped like crazy and it got stuck there.

Even when Simulacrum is done and we got back to my hideout, our fps got stuck at 70 ish and it wont go up. my GPu is now ruuning at like 800mhz instead of 2000mhz, I use MSI after burner for monitoring only, no any OC on the GPUs at all. everything get back to normal if we turn off and reopned again.

Basically it's great, but for some reasons if FPS go down too much, it will get stuck and wont go up again. needa reset the game.

Computer 1:
CPu: Ryzen 2700x at 4.3 GHZ ( stable always under 70c )
Ram: 16GB Trident z
GPU: XFX Thicc III 5700XT 8GB (no OC at all)

Computer2:
Cpu: I7 4790
Ram: 8GB
GPU: Asus Rog strix RX 480 GB
good news
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Crazy news, thanks GGG GG!
Thank you so much for adding this to the game.

Back when the Dx9 Renderer was removed, it left a VERY sour taste in my mouth since it was the only way I could get decent FPS with my (at the time) current setup. The performance in Dx11 was absolutely abysmal for me and still is if I use the Dx11 Renderer. Around 30 FPS in hangout, 20-25 in maps when there's action with all settings at minimum and 1080p resolution.

Switch to Vulkan, I'm getting 80 FPS in my hideout, 120-180 FPS while mapping. And to sweeten things up, I have every setting turned up to max except Shadow and GI!

Again, a HUGE thank you to the whole team at GGG.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 @ 4Ghz
RAM: Team Group Elite DDR4 2666
GPU: XFX RX580 XXX
Last edited by Fizztastic on May 28, 2020, 1:27:44 AM
Did anyone else noticed change in light/shadow of the environment changing into vulkan or is it just me?
I have a Ryzen 2600 at 4GHZ, 16GB of 3400 RAM with CL14 timings, Nvidia Super 2070, game is on a SSD.
From my quick testing,there is still stutters here and there, but over all the fps is much higher during heavy fights.
Minor loading in issues (3 seconds) when entering a town for the first time after game launch.
One very noticeable downside, is that alt+tabing to my browser now is much slower. For some reason using Vulkan makes the browser unresponsive for up to 20 seconds.
So over all better for gameplay, worse for multitasking.
So I would tentatively say that the Vulkan version is an improvement for me, and I will most likely keep using it.

Good job lads, I hope you will keep on polishing it and I hope to see further improvements from you.
Ty GGG for good work vulkan feels much better when it comes to performance
but sometimes i get client crash don't know why :)
why cant change render or graphic option its greyed out??
"
varukers wrote:
why cant change render or graphic option its greyed out??

You have to do it before login (where you select the server)
Best news in years ! Thanks GGG
GGG Patch Notes: "Fixed a bug where players actually wanted to play the game"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info